Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP Pyro 1.2 Impressions so Far, Modding Tests.

exphryl

For people that ask about my gearing and how to start to achieve compareable (or better results). I am starting to keep an updated "Armory" of my character for you to view and see how the remodding I've been doing is working.

Figure that's easier then always replying in detail to people :)

I updated the original thread at the top with this link to my current spec i'm running and every gear piece/enhancement I have. I still have a bit of work to do on this front as I am now in Boot Purchase mode for my gear (forgoing my final purchase of Gloves for now). Hope to have every bit remodded to this within 3 weeks.

Edited by exphryl

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's surprising, my BM rifle is re-modded with a power crystal and it's STILL an overall gain with WH. +27 wpn dmg, +12 pwr, +51 expertise, +37 tech pwr, something like that.

this I don't understand :p

I actually lose 110 power if I take the WH gun, but that's because i have an augment on my BM gun and should remove that from the calculation

So my question still remains, does the gain in weapon damage compare to the loss in power?

anyone know?

because -100 power really seems like alot

I suppose i could get the 100 power back, but that might take alot of time to get those power WH mods

so for the time being it's more wise to keep my BM gun?

this I don't understand :p

I actually lose 110 power if I take the WH gun, but that's because i have an augment on my BM gun and should remove that from the calculation

So my question still remains, does the gain in weapon damage compare to the loss in power?

anyone know?

because -100 power really seems like alot

I suppose i could get the 100 power back, but that might take alot of time to get those power WH mods

so for the time being it's more wise to keep my BM gun?

You lose 100 because of the crystal (expertise) and mod ( with crit) on the WH combat tech weapon.

What i did in order to balance stats for the time being , ( didnt need extra crit from the mod) i placed on a crafted augmented gun the following:

From WH weapon : barrel and enhacement

From BM weapon : Crystal (power ) and mod ( power) .

For people that ask about my gearing and how to start to achieve compareable (or better results). I am starting to keep an updated "Armory" of my character for you to view and see how the remodding I've been doing is working.

Figure that's easier then always replying in detail to people :)

I updated the original thread at the top with this link to my current spec i'm running and every gear piece/enhancement I have. I still have a bit of work to do on this front as I am now in Boot Purchase mode for my gear (forgoing my final purchase of Gloves for now). Hope to have every bit remodded to this within 3 weeks.

That s very cool, thanks !

I have found some nice sophistications power/surge post 1.2. (end 24, expertse 25, power 37 and 51 surge) from the medic canon BM.

That s very cool, thanks !

I have found some nice sophistications power/surge post 1.2. (end 24, expertse 25, power 37 and 51 surge) from the medic canon BM.

Yeah. That's one of the gripes us Imperials have. Republics HAVE a BM item you can buy that is expertise/power/surge. Empire does not, best surge we can manage is an End/Def/Surge on some Sith Warrior boots :(

Edited by exphryl

since 1.2 ive been using 3/5/33 build

personally as a biochem ive found automated defenses to be great. I first purchased it because of my fear of overheating..... especially now that IM is a part of the rotation.

Not only has automated defenses helped keep heat down but another nice thing i noticed is how much i use kolto overload now

I never really used it before because of the long cooldown and the underwhelming 15% over time. Usually id forget to pop it and id get 2 ticks before i died. Using a rakata medpac, combined with this is around 7k life and they are virtually on the same cooldown now.

It has increased my survivability as well as kept my heat down. I did sacrifice 4% fire damage for this.

anyone else having similar results ?

I think i have changed my mind, I may work on getting set pieces so as soon as I get rank 70 I can equip augment slots

And I am not sure Ill have collected enough Coms by the time i get to rank 70 to do what I would like so the boot gutting will have to wait till i secure the set bonus with the augs.

Whats the thoughts on which gear set pyros should be going for at the moment? Still eliminator for the railshot crits, combat tech doesn't cut it? I'm currently using the tionese combat tech shell with champ/battlemaster inside, for the 8% railshot damage, but perhaps the 15% crit chance is better. Plus I think this won't be possible when I start getting war hero, as i'll get set bonus on the armouring and will be wanting augmented gear to go with it.

I'm a Pyro just starting to get in to PvP. I curently have 3 pieces of the BM eliminator gear, I'll get the 4th tonight. After that should I get something other than eliminator? The rest of my gear is currently Recruit. Edited by kitsinni

Not sure if someone has posted this yet. I've replaced all my:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/35082/advanced-agile-mod-25a

for

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/35186/advanced-agile-mod-25

My reasoning is power to aim is around 1.3 or if you have over 2k aim power get's better. As the aim lost to power gained is 2:1, much more then the 1.3:1. I've even put them in all my pve gear since the pve mods for Rakata are the same 61aim 11 power.

Just bought the medic helm/gloves (needed to anyways to get that 2pc).

What implants are you guys going to be going with? WH wise

Currently, for sake of this post I'm using

2 BH Power /Surge Implants and the BM Earpiece. This nets me

+235 Aim

+231 Endurance

+246 Expertise

+88 Power

+102 Surge

+51 Crit

+51 Accuracy.

I'm feeling doing WH Earpiece / 1 implant (Bolt Blaster) and 1 Power Surge BM Implant

+225 Aim

+251 Endurance

+258 Expertise

+93 Power

+104 Surge

+69 Crit

However, I may just do the earpiece and forgo the Implants to maximize my surge. Haven't fully decided yet.

I really should type up a new thread for general Pyro guide stuff at this point I think :D

Edited by exphryl

Not sure if someone has posted this yet. I've replaced all my:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/35082/advanced-agile-mod-25a

for

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/35186/advanced-agile-mod-25

My reasoning is power to aim is around 1.3 or if you have over 2k aim power get's better. As the aim lost to power gained is 2:1, much more then the 1.3:1. I've even put them in all my pve gear since the pve mods for Rakata are the same 61aim 11 power.

Just bought the medic helm/gloves (needed to anyways to get that 2pc).

Hey Dardack, did you parse before and after? do you have actual numbers as to the dps difference? Just want to see if it is worth wasting all these WZ comms and credits on remods. (Specifically PvE)

Edited by Agooz

7/3 now?

Been considering it later on once i got full augments and 5% stats buff full time.

It's pretty nice. I'm sitting at, fully buffed 1780 Aim with that (Which i need to update my gear thing on askmrrobot later).

I try a build for a few days to get the feel of it. So always tweaking till I get something I'm 100% comfortable with.

Edited by exphryl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.