PvP Pyro 1.2 Impressions so Far, Modding Tests.

exphryl

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any particular class/spec that gives u trouble in 1v1?

Can u still melt healers fast?

Apparently Rage Juggs got messed up somehow the guys that used to give me trouble now die so easily.

But the rotation doesn't change with most classes (melee) that gave us trouble. I still carbonize/stun charges and end up with the kill from kiting.

That said the one class you will most probably have HUGE problems with is Engineer Snipers (Confirmed from the Snipers forums) do not try a dps race with them if you do not have your cd's up. And do not even try 1v1'ing them as an AP ;)

Any particular class/spec that gives u trouble in 1v1?

Can u still melt healers fast?

Op healers still take forever to kill, and some (read the good ones) may not be killable without DPS CDs and both stuns. Sorc healers are a matter of stopping the right cast with the right kind of interrupt (stun or interrupt). Merc healers require good timing with stuns and DPS CDs as well, but are not as bad as OPs.

Other than that Annihilation Marauders have enough DPS and defensive CDs to be a very uphill 1v1 fight. Doubly so if you are missing any of your own cooldowns, specifically the DPS ones. Rage and Carnage are a little easier as they have a longer cooldown on leap, and cannot heal themselves passively.

Edited by Hethroin

Im about to buy my Warhero blaster.. but i noticed we now have the option of a Combat-Tech or Eliminator blaster with different stats. I think this is the case on bracers ect also.. Which blaster you guys going for?

Im about to buy my Warhero blaster.. but i noticed we now have the option of a Combat-Tech or Eliminator blaster with different stats. I think this is the case on bracers ect also.. Which blaster you guys going for?

The one with power and surge on it.

I'm still not sure what Color Crystal i should use. Is expertise worth it or should we just go with power? Any constructive thoughts?

Use Expertise, it'll give you more flexibility to play with Enhancements and other gear pieces.

I'm still not sure what Color Crystal i should use. Is expertise worth it or should we just go with power? Any constructive thoughts?

This is the same question I'm having. Is it better to go with the +41 expertise crystal or the +41 power one? If expertise is better then now is the time to get one easy with the rakghoul event going on. What is everyone thoughts on the matter?

Tested both Arsenal and Pyro for PvE and PvP, and i can say, Arsenal really sucks on both.

To start, Arsenal has no O CRAP Buttoms, once you overheat is GG for you. Pyro is really flexible cause Kolto Overload and Thermal Sensors Override which lose 6 secs on CD everytime you crit every 1.5 seconds, giving out a free cast that can low more your heat.

In PvP Its really good cause you cant get interrupted at all like you do as Arsenal, If your arsenal your gonna get punished on PvP cause once they interrupt your Tracer missile theres nothing you can do cause your whole rotation gets shutdown by 4 seconds, If your pyro and you get your Powershot Interrupted ? No problem, not my main ability anyway.

And finally the movility, both on PvE and PvP are important, on Soa for example, Arsenal DPS have to be on 1 spot without moving to do his max damage, unlike Pyro whichs main attack is Railshot and can move from here to there and pull more DPS and move even more.

In general, Pyro > Arsenal, i cant still get why people complained about tracer missile,. Powertech is the same as tracer but its not Tech Damage.

Tested both Arsenal and Pyro for PvE and PvP, and i can say, Arsenal really sucks on both.

To start, Arsenal has no O CRAP Buttoms, once you overheat is GG for you. Pyro is really flexible cause Kolto Overload and Thermal Sensors Override which lose 6 secs on CD everytime you crit every 1.5 seconds, giving out a free cast that can low more your heat.

In PvP Its really good cause you cant get interrupted at all like you do as Arsenal, If your arsenal your gonna get punished on PvP cause once they interrupt your Tracer missile theres nothing you can do cause your whole rotation gets shutdown by 4 seconds, If your pyro and you get your Powershot Interrupted ? No problem, not my main ability anyway.

And finally the movility, both on PvE and PvP are important, on Soa for example, Arsenal DPS have to be on 1 spot without moving to do his max damage, unlike Pyro whichs main attack is Railshot and can move from here to there and pull more DPS and move even more.

In general, Pyro > Arsenal, i cant still get why people complained about tracer missile,. Powertech is the same as tracer but its not Tech Damage.

ummm Mercenary Forum is ---------------> That way?

This is for us the Elite Powertechs :)

How is that 8/8/25 build. Bigger fb hits seems like it may be worth it.

It's nice like it was before patch.

I'm more so enjoying the 8/5/28 though over that to get higher DoT Damage. There are times when heat is an issue where I need to kite, or run, while my dots tick so that extra damage has killed many a players for me so far.

These bulids falter a bit if you get reckless on using Rocket Punch. Use it when RS hits 9 secs on cooldown *ONLY*. Having a higher chance for PPA (well this works with a TD build also obviously but you have a bit more follow up if you don't get a PPA Proc in that build)

Than you can get in to "Well why not take 3% crit over 1% Crit/10% Damage". That's a preference, I don't value Crit incredibly to much (although I do feel it raised a bit with not having as many Rail Shots, but either or Tech crit doesn't effect that anyways)

Edited by exphryl

you still using that crafted WH set, or did you go back to the set bonus. I just critted full aug set, and still debating which set to use.

Went back to set bonus, granted, i have two war hero pieces legit so there is only two pieces that are the old BM eliminator gear for the set bonus.

I think the Rail Shot crit is more important of a bonus now since we have less rail shots going off.

I'm more so enjoying the 8/5/28 though over that to get higher DoT Damage. There are times when heat is an issue where I need to kite, or run, while my dots tick so that extra damage has killed many a players for me so far.

Don't you miss TD? I feel like TD helps me a lot with those quick 1v1s or insta gibbing a healer