PvP Pyro 1.2 Impressions so Far, Modding Tests.

exphryl

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exphryl what is the verdict on relics. In this post i have seen you mention that you are running double bm and in another post mentioning that u are using the matrix cube.

Double Power Relics is to swap out Relics when one is on cooldown since it won't activate the full timer on the next (only 30 secs). It's not really hard to drop combat to achieve this either. (Except on maybe Novare which is growing to be my favorite warzone)

I'll cycle between BM Power and Champion Power (Or when I find it needed to spend comms on WH Power and BM Power, but the practice works for any DPS Relic so you could use a Power and than Crit Surge if you wanted too).

Edited by exphryl

Double Power Relics is to swap out Relics when one is on cooldown since it won't activate the full timer on the next (only 30 secs). It's not really hard to drop combat to achieve this either. (Except on maybe Novare which is growing to be my favorite warzone)

I'll cycle between BM Power and Champion Power (Or when I find it needed to spend comms on WH Power and BM Power, but the practice works for any DPS Relic so you could use a Power and than Crit Surge if you wanted too).

well now i have a reason to buy my BM relic, besides the incredibly marginal upgrade from champion lol.

Edited by ShiroRX

well now i have a reason to buy my BM relic, besides the incredibly marginal upgrade from champion lol.

Yeah. It only works for different Tiers also. Two BM will get the same 2 min cooldown, but a Bm/Champ would not.

Yeah. It only works for different Tiers also. Two BM will get the same 2 min cooldown, but a Bm/Champ would not.

Yea I figured. Champ power is still better than BM crit/surge anyway lol.

Just finished all my BM stuff. Valor 50 atm, I wonder if I can get WH rifle and 4 pc WH by 60 lol. Got my augment BM set waiting lol.

Edited by ShiroRX

Ex in what order have you been getting WH pieces?

I went Boots first (For the power/surge expertise enhancements), than Blaster Pistol, than Helm, Then the Ear Piece (This allowed me to replace one of my non-expertise surge enhancements with an expertise one again since the ear piece has a mucho amount of surge).

While I want the legs and gloves still so I can get augment slots, I'll most likely work on buying 5 more sets of Boots to flesh out my Mods and Enhancements in other pieces.

I went Boots first (For the power/surge expertise enhancements), than Blaster Pistol, than Helm, Then the Ear Piece (This allowed me to replace one of my non-expertise surge enhancements with an expertise one again since the ear piece has a mucho amount of surge).

While I want the legs and gloves still so I can get augment slots, I'll most likely work on buying 5 more sets of Boots to flesh out my Mods and Enhancements in other pieces.

yea boots look good. especially the enhancement. many elim boots will be bought for gutting.

Edited by ShiroRX

Never heard of a dot build. :p What the hec is that?

Basically keeping my three DoT's on an opponent at all times. While also spamming Rail Shot every chance I get to bypass his armor.

Once one of them runs out, I'll reapply it. Faced a Sage in I think either full battlemasters or high end raid gear with my Pyro PT whos in a mix of recruit, and augmented crafted blue and purple crit gear. He eventually ran away seeing that he couldn't do any damage due to my DoT and Rail Shot dropping his health like a stone. At most he could only spam his weak heal due to me stopping his big heal every time.

This was out on Tat while doing the Rakghoul quest.

Basically keeping my three DoT's on an opponent at all times. While also spamming Rail Shot every chance I get to bypass his armor.

Once one of them runs out, I'll reapply it. Faced a Sage in I think either full battlemasters or high end raid gear with my Pyro PT whos in a mix of recruit, and augmented crafted blue and purple crit gear. He eventually ran away seeing that he couldn't do any damage due to my DoT and Rail Shot dropping his health like a stone. At most he could only spam his weak heal due to me stopping his big heal every time.

So what you are saying is, you are giving up an ability that can crit for 4k+ on a 15 second cooldown, for a dot that lasts 15 seconds that does less than half that...?

While I use Non-TD builds at times, I'm just trying to rationale this particular build.

Edited by exphryl

I am sorry but I think you're playing the class wrong. First of all as a Pyro pt, you have arguably the highest burst of any class. A sage should be one of easiest foes to kill for a Pyro, not dotting him until he gives up and runs. Proccing railshots is your main priority.

Edited by Agooz

Wen I compare the WH gun to my BM gun, i lose about 100 power but gain 30 max damage

Does this add up?

Or should I stick with my BM gun til I can replace the mods on WH gun?

I think I'll first get the WH armor pieces before I get the WH gun...

Ex is something you have where you can list your mods or show rather... no armoring sucks. Reason I ask is I'm planning out the most efficient way to aquire my pieces as I go. I'm at a crossroads too because all of my BM gear is tech instead of eliminator.. my bad I know.. so now i have to re-purchase to get the pre-reqs for the WH pieces.

exphryl, how much expertise are you going for? I'm still not sure whether to use the expertise crystal or power crystal on the gun. Currently sitting at 1181 exp.

I am using the expertise crystal.

I am only sitting at 1070 Expertise with how I have my gear set up.

Wen I compare the WH gun to my BM gun, i lose about 100 power but gain 30 max damage

Does this add up?

Or should I stick with my BM gun til I can replace the mods on WH gun?

I think I'll first get the WH armor pieces before I get the WH gun...

That's surprising, my BM rifle is re-modded with a power crystal and it's STILL an overall gain with WH. +27 wpn dmg, +12 pwr, +51 expertise, +37 tech pwr, something like that.

Edited by ShiroRX

how important is accuracy? seeing as how railshot is white dmg for some reason ( would think it would be yellow) I just completed a full BM set ( I started this character a bit late, )I will have enough comms tomorrow to buy the war hero boots. I was intending to buy the chest and blaster immediately afterwards. should I forgo my plans and just buy reveal pairs of boots first to use their enhancements in other pieces?

how important is accuracy? seeing as how railshot is white dmg for some reason ( would think it would be yellow) I just completed a full BM set ( I started this character a bit late, )I will have enough comms tomorrow to buy the war hero boots. I was intending to buy the chest and blaster immediately afterwards. should I forgo my plans and just buy reveal pairs of boots first to use their enhancements in other pieces?

I'd recommend getting augment slots first. (from the gear). An extra 110+ Aim is very nice :)

As far as Accuracy, I stick around 95% right now. But realistically it's one of those stats you either need to go all out or you can forget about even having it. Once I can get to the point I can buy 5 more boots I'll have pretty much 0 accuracy again.