Explosive Conflict 16 Hard killed by Millenium - 4/4

Well, grats on the kill.

Poor BW, you bring new content and few hours after release its cleared, dont the BW devs think this is just to easy ?

Where was the good old days, where you had to work for 3-4 month to clear an "expansion".

This difficulty of the games this days gets me bored more and more....

patch 1.3 - healers will now only be able to heal via stims

clearly the content was not hard enough due to the lack of healing nerfs. metrics realignment! :rolleyes:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Millenium!

The speed at which all this content gets cleared really kind of saps the fun out of the race though. Or is it just me? It basically comes down to who can log on the fastest. :(

Gotta remember people were on the test servers, so no one (with any sense at least) would be going in blind to these ops. Let alone some people already have cleared them on the test servers when it "doesn't count".

Now when people start clearing it this fast while learning the strategies/mechanics, that's when you should be afraid.

Gotta remember people were on the test servers, so no one (with any sense at least) would be going in blind to these ops. Let alone some people already have cleared them on the test servers when it "doesn't count".

Now when people start clearing it this fast while learning the strategies/mechanics, that's when you should be afraid.

Well, that's kind of the problem. We cleared it rather quickly on the PTS while going in blind. Granted we didn't have 16 transfers, so we were clearing it on 8 man, but I also recall a dev stating that 16 man content is intended to be easier than 8 man. *shrug* Granted, raid content that I've consumed in previous games has been quite a bit more complex and further complicated by the 40man/25man aspect.

Edited by cshouston

Most guilds who are still alive and have been raiding for at least two months 16-man HM EV/KP should have all of their core members geared in Full Rakata.

BW's approach to raiding is to cater to casuals. They've removed the barrier to entry to raids for most guilds but haven't replaced that barrier with any other kind of mechanic or artificial hurdle to increase the longevity of the content.

This means that in a few weeks most guilds will have this instance on farm mode. And unless changes have been applied to NM mode to drop a new set of gear with substantial stat increases from HM (I don't care about change to the color palette of end-game raiding gear as a reward), there is still no reason to run NM mode unless you want a better challenge.

Edited by lollermittens

Now that you guys have it cleared should do a video walk through so everyone can have an idea of what the entire ops looks like. Hopefully it isn't just a copy/paste of the other OPS.

It is not a c/p of EV or KP. If you aren't crazy about progression ranking, I recommend you go into it without reading or watching any strats and have fun figuring out the fights. We had a blast working on them on PTS :)

It is a shame it was cleared so fast even if the guild that cleared had been testing it for some time. And I understand the arguement, "Lets see how quickly they can kill it on Nightmare." Which i suppose is valid but it sucks that they have ALREADY SEEN all the content, they just have to kill it with it having more HP and doing more damage.

It is not a c/p of EV or KP. If you aren't crazy about progression ranking, I recommend you go into it without reading or watching any strats and have fun figuring out the fights. We had a blast working on them on PTS :)

^This

Running these on PTS was so much fun. I can't wait to boom boom it on Live :)

It is a shame it was cleared so fast even if the guild that cleared had been testing it for some time. And I understand the arguement, "Lets see how quickly they can kill it on Nightmare." Which i suppose is valid but it sucks that they have ALREADY SEEN all the content, they just have to kill it with it having more HP and doing more damage.

And new mechanics, which is why nightmare didn't release with the update today. There will be new stuff to learn, not just steamrolling through increased HP.

Keep in mind that this is just Hard mode not Nightmare mode.

If you want to make the WOW analogy:

Hard mode = Normal

Nightmare mode = Heroic

Most high end guilds clear Normal in WOW the first night/week. If Nightmare mode is cleared in 4 hours then we have a problem.

Im gonna bookmark this thread for when Nightmare mode gets released.

I'll bet you anything that NMM gets cleared on the first day as well. If I'm wrong I'll happily unsub. (and if I'm right I'll happily unsub :rak_eek:)

That really doesn't matter. There should be a level of upgrading gear and improving your toons before you can simply clear the HM of the new OP. This shows that the OP is too simple. The new gear will be cosmetic only because it is not necessary to move forward in the game.

Even the best guilds should be banging their heads against the wall until enough people have significantly improved gear to move forward. Otherwise what is the point?

This line of reasoning is incorrect based on loot table drops alone. Story mode drops Rakata only. So if your raid is already full Rakata, then how do you propose upgrading your gear to do the HM?

HM /= NiM. Most guilds are clearing HM within the first few hours/days. NiM is where people will struggle for awhile. This was by design.

There is no race for HM content, the race begins at NiM.

You're right, but the "best" guilds left the game long ago because they realized that this game will only have very casual raiding content. It's really sad they give a damn about more hardcore players but thats the way it goes nowadays. The most money is being made from the mainstream casual players and not from the 2-5% hardcore players.

I love when people like yourself mistake the word casual for bad. Most of the people I know raid less than 8 hours a week and play less than 10. They would be defined as casual. Most of the players you are referring to stay logged in 4 or 5 hours a day doing nothing except complaining about how much time raiding takes. Believe it or not, but most casual players don't want to be fed with a rubber spoon and a bib because they are adults. Not everything in this world needs to be so mindlessly easy to make people happy. Humans have a natural desire to compete and challenge themselves. The select few that want to devolve will hopefully eliminate themselves from the gene pool in time.

This. I miss some of EQ2 days where it was weeks before the top end bosses were cleared. Each boss almost gated the next.

On the flipside, that was because EQ2 was insanely gear-dependant, where SWTOR is not.

Try FFXI. Their baby boss took 7 years to kill lol

I actually have a really hard time believing the legidimacy of this... Mostly because of how rediculously bugged the battle tanks are. All the blue domes/lightning shields are invisible. It's not possible...

But I mean.. the screenshots appear good. The problem is you supposidly did it in 30 minutes. I just don't see learning to deal with the severity of the bugs in this encounter in 30 minutes. Don't get me wrong, my guild cleared this instance on PTS, it's not at all difficult. The bugs are the blocking factor, not the encounters.

After the Condemend kill on the first boss, ( few minutes after our kill ) we just progress as fast as possible and I didn't screen the loots.

Anyway, Bioware staff watched the progression of first guild, I would love a little help from them since it's hard to prove it ( You didn't listen to us about that @Guild Summit !!! ). And because we're getting harassed form players, like : it's not possible since trashs take longer than that bla bla bla )

So, we know they was watching, you think we tried to exploit anyway ? we would be banned at this time.

( But we're not ! )

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

This bug was on the PTS, we killed it with this bug on PTS and Live, you can see the damage so you can move from it.

React as fast as possible and you will avoid this problem, if you can't, don't try hard mode.