Yesterday's Patch Issue

JWild

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the idea of compensation is not to get a day or two of free gameplay, or a refund of a few dollars, which is largely inconsequential, but to show that BioWare is truly sorry for the double-blunder. It's easy to apologise, but a lot harder to rectify something. Sometimes it's a matter of principle and most companies provide some form of compensation as a token of sorrow.

We also need to bear in mind that customer complaints are often what pushes a company into action. BioWare was forced to change the ending of Mass Effect 3 only after considerable bad press over the issue, for example. Sometimes companies believe they can ignore an issue or not put sufficient resources into it if it's "minor" and there's not much uproar over it. Of course, knee-jerk reactions, threats, and abusive behaviour do little to get the customer's point across, so I would encourage affected players to voice their anger and frustration in a clear and constructive way.

-Bel

I wouldn't expect them to do a thing. The DVDs we got still don't work, the last time this happened they "apologized" and it happened again this time. Why should they change their business model. People are still paying.

That's great for everyone...now what about the ones they dorked over AGAIN with this patch fiasco.

So because others didn't get affected by this problem, the gift isn't good enough for you? I swear some people can never be satisfied...

I think the pet and 30 days of game time is good. An apology from someone higher up would seal the deal as far as I'm concerned, but I'm content with what is being offered.

Obviously this gift goes to everyone, whether or not they were affected by the problem, but it would probably be a nightmare trying to figure out who was affected to apply individual compensation. That could even detract from developer time spent on features.

Thus, a universal gift is perfectly acceptable in a situation like this. 30 days of free game time will certainly make up for any lost gameplay over these couple of days.

-Bel

I have an issue with my Sith Warrior after the patch.

My Head gear isn't showing! I have not messed up with anything in the preferences, before the patch it was showing normally in the character's face.

I can't find anything to fix this or any other option th switch this on again.

Can someone help me with this? Is this happening with you guys?

Thanks in advance.

No, it's an extreme and sorry sense of self-entitlement.

It is not a sense of "self-entitlement." I did not expect anything really, but Reid's comments implies they are looking to do something, specific to the people who were impacted. Expecting something when you are lead to believe something is not "self-entitlement."

Just because they throw something out to everyone as a way to retain customers doesn't change anything with this issue. I'm sorry you don't seem to have the competence to separate two mutually exclusive events.

Edited by JLapp

It is not a sense of "self-entitlement."

Just because they throw something out to everyone as a way to retain customers doesn't change anything with this issue. I'm sorry you don't seem to have the competence to separate two mutually exclusive events.

What exactly would you like them to do?

I don't think you understand what "self-entitlement" means. You feel you are owed something. You are not. They didn't even need to give us free play time. They did. Not good enough for you? Go ahead and unsubscribe.

Accept it or unsubscribe. That is LITERALLY all you have. LITERALLY. You expecting more is your delusional sense of "self-entitlement". You won't get it. Deal with it.

In fairness to those who believe there should be additional compensation, the 30 days of game time applies to any account with a level 50 character, so it does not compensate anyone with a lower level character affected.

Also, the wording of the offer suggests it is a gift rather than compensation. I'm content with it, as it was unexpected, but I can understand why some others might not be.

-Bel

Thus, a universal gift is perfectly acceptable in a situation like this. 30 days of free game time will certainly make up for any lost gameplay over these couple of days.

-Bel

What about those of us that were affected by the nightmare that was 1.2 but don't have lvl 50s yet? How is this fair? This doesn't cover my downtime.

What exactly would you like them to do?

I don't think you understand what "self-entitlement" means. You feel you are owed something. You are not. They didn't even need to give us free play time. They did. Not good enough for you? Go ahead and unsubscribe.

Are you f'ing KIDDING me right now? When you PAY for a service and that service is not available yes you are OWED something. You are owed time for loss of service.

Are you f'ing KIDDING me right now? When you PAY for a service and that service is not available yes you are OWED something. You are owed time for loss of service.

And they are giving away a free in-game pet and 30 days of game time.

No, i thats think, ok, give 30 day free time, this is correct, but when will correctly the patch problem? Lots of people wait that moment, when can play again, and nothing... if tomorrow will fix the problem, then ok, bit else not really fair...

Im going on hour 12 of my download. Hopefully tomorrow when I wake up this will all be a distant memory. Most people just want BW to recognize the problem and let us know things are being done to prevent it from happening again. Its obvious the engineers were either too busy to fix our issue cause we were a 'small' part of the community or were incapable. Im not sure whats worse. There is a guy a handful of post before this one that setup a fix, unfortunately I had already uninstalled the game to make sure I didnt have to read a new BW post in morning tell me I should have done that to start with.

What about those of us that were affected by the nightmare that was 1.2 but don't have lvl 50s yet? How is this fair? This doesn't cover my downtime.

I covered that in my above post. You are right that this does not compensate any player with a level 49 or under character.

-Bel