Yesterday's Patch Issue

JWild

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh well this kind of stuff happens! no point crying about it as it will change nothing! just get reinstalling and get playing asap! i installed the game the other day on my wifes laptop. it only took a couple of hours (using the disks)

my sub is up in 2 days, i hardly think i'm going to resub.. at least not right away..

yesterday i wanted to do my final things before 1.2 hitted and couldn't do that thanks to the patch being relased early by mistake.. ( how do you do that is beyond me!! maybe a bad kitty jumped on the big red botton "relase the patch", who knows?). Since you told us multiple times that the 11gb download would go away when server went live after maintenance i didn't let the launcher run the update during the night.

Lastly you removed the ranked wzs and the 8team q system few hours before the patch hitted after you hyped the **** out of it till the day before... hey don't get me wrong i'm glad you are not delivering a broken system before testing it through and through (cough.. like ilum..) but you realize it 12h before release?? come on...

oh well this kind of stuff happens! no point crying about it as it will change nothing! just get reinstalling and get playing asap! i installed the game the other day on my wifes laptop. it only took a couple of hours (using the disks)

No disk here so i downloading at 1mb/sec. And if a yellow post say that you can abandon the 11 gb download so you can play today.

At least have the decency to update the sticky with this retarded miss communication

Ive had to download the entire game again. Thankfully in advance because right now, I cant trust a single word these muppets say.

Given its now the year 2012, I am stunned that a company like Bioware just dont talk to each other, or are too busy screwing around trying lesson the impact of a true screw up like this.

Today should have been a day filled with excitement for the arrival of 1.2 but for many, its been a day of utter B(ull) S(***) with early patch downloads, removal of ranked warzones(last minute and Bioware MUST have known this because the patch was on the server last night) and now this.

I suggest Bioware, you find a real way of saying sorry with some kind of extended play time or something else. Its unacceptable.

PS -

For those who need to download the Digital game again, do it straight from Origin. It will take minutes

OK. I'm a little confused on the timing.

I started my download just before I left hte house this morning (Around 5am central time)

Am I OK, or do I need to redownload the whole game?

If you didn't donwload the patch yesterday then your good to play.

Somehow I sense a yet unknown looming overhead about being able to just log in and play 1.2 tomorrow. But we'll see when the time comes, I hope to be wrong.

Sadly, I wasn't. At least I have the discs. But truly a downer; excited for the game update, not excited I have to waste more time because I happened to draw to short end of the stick.

This is frankly ridiculous, I mean a patch leaking, mistake - whatever. But then lying to us and telling us it'd be fine tomorrow? When in actuality I now have to wait god knows how many hours for the game to re-download everything? If I don't receive some kind of compensation for the 2 days of play time that I've now lost because of them I'm cancelling my subscription.

Hello everyone. Unfortunately, the Community Team has learned that some of the information we gave yesterday was inaccurate with regards to this this issue, and some players may be required to fully install the game again before playing today.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and will be updating you all with more details in this thread as soon as they’re available. Thank you!

i cant even dowload the game again its stuck in resuming dowloading 11.62gb but nathis start dowloading and i try to fixlaucher.exe .............

Oh for god's sake are you freaking kidding me??

I decided to wait until the next day so I didn't have to bother downloading 12 bloody gigs worth of data so I wait until now all excited and happy I get to play and then it carries on downloading the entire bloody game again... nice advice you have there! and all you can do is give us a post that doesnt make you look very concerned at all.

This was a nightmare for me yesterday. I wanted to lead our guilds ops raid after the patch shenanigans so i re-installed from the cd. Wasn't to bad a quick patch to 1.5 after. After that i had trouble logging in. I would go to desktop after trying to load my character. Come to find out after some more research how to make this game operate.... i had to change languages from english to french then back again in the settings on the launcher to get the launcher to properly update because the dvd launcher is not the right one.... After doing this i was fine. I hope everything patches good for me today. What a headache. Virtually wasted hours of my day yesterday tho !

When i tried to post about this yesterday i was just given some spam by a forum dev and blown off btw.

Edited by andretious

Dude seriously? What the F@#$ Bioware. Re-install the whole game since apparently now I cant even play with the patch you accidentally released yesterday. This game has been let down after letdown from day one. Fix this Bioware show us that you give two flying f@#%& give me free game time at least to compensate.

Got up early, As I couldn't sleep waiting for the patch today. however I get up to having to spend all day re-downloading the game cause this incompetence.

I don't mean to be rude but this is past a business mistake. It's one thing after another. A team of highly skilled engineers are suppose to be working on this game. Not a group of kids that don't know what to do allowing mistakes to happen.

I expected more but I guess I'm in the hate boat now too. I love the game. But I've lost my trust in the team as a whole.

I had a feeling (Force!?) last night that I should have simply let it continue downloading… I was really looking forward to experiencing the new Legacy system as well. Still, not much we can do about it now! I just hope that the dev team learn from this mistake so it doesn’t happen again.