Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

Stephen, stop posting please. Youre only making it worse.

Either internal testing produced red flags and nothing was done to fix it, or no internal testing took place and last week's Ranked WZ test produced red flags, and now there is no time to fix it.

If the problem is large enough that it requires ANOTHER full development cycle, its a problem youve known about for a while. If you are telling the truth, and the problem did just pop up out of nowhere, it should be something your PvP department can handle and fix in a week.

Major gamebreaking issues do not just come out of thin air. Just admit, please, that Bioware does not do internal testing of anything. It will make understanding your decisions that much easier

What he said...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really thinking I'd come back to play cause the difference in ranked warzones to other games would be that you'd be able to queue solo, like other different games allow you to, as opposed to games that you can only do ranked pvp in full teams. I really thought that if you had solo queues and team queues, with separate ranking, that would be a perfect thing.

Since now they decided it's only going to be for full teams, the feature really doesn't shine, doesn't stand the game apart from other games and is just same old, same old...

It is a really sad thing when they don't say a word about solo queueing for the future, which probably means it's not in their plans anymore...

You guys should not attack Stephen personally, its not his fault ... tbh he is atleast handing out infos first hand and reply´s to us, thats more than you get at some other games these days.

Stephen is one of the better communicators here. I don't envy him at all. Spare him the venom. At least he was being honest. He said it might be months. Too many times devs get killed for being vague. At least SR had the sympathy(?) to be realistic about it.

At least we get to have the privilege to play in Novare!

Us lowly PVPr's and all.

Its not Stephens fault though, he's working with what he has.

But...

He has nothing that he could possibly say or do to make up the subs that BW just lost.

But at least he's trying.

Edited by BendakStarkiller

So first you cut legacy to pieces and give us only small part of it and delaying usefull things like increased xp till patch 1.3 when it will be useless for most of us, now ranked warzones removed. This patch gets less and less interesting quite quickly.

And before the "would you rather..." crowd jumps on me, no i woud not rather have unfinished system in, i would rather them have solid proffessional employees who can deliver some results to show for 4 months of their work.

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.

I can allmost see Trollface.jpg before my eyes, when i read this quote from James Ohlen..

And there goes what's left of my guild's 105 members. Thanks. I'm gonna keep leveling my alt, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be very lonely queuing all by myself. Even more so when I'm the last War Hero on the server still playing.

Oh and I guarantee our server's Elite Warlord probably just smashed his computer. I'm not defending you guys anymore. I'm not going to try to convince people to wait for better days.

If you are unsubbing because of this, please comment that you are unsubbing because of this idiotic **** up.

also, if you are unsubbing, please type /unsubbing right in this forum. Lets get across to the devs that their stupid **** attention on legacy and RP ******** is not gonna keep players in the game.

I have already unsubbed, not because I was looking forward to the ranked warzones, but because this is going to cause another massive drop in players. If they would implement a server transfer system I would stay.

Can't be bothered to sit in the fleet and spam lfg for an hour.

There are too many good f2p games these days to pay $15 a month for this garbage.

My guild, my server and my friends are all beyond words at how asinine and rediculous this last minute redaction is on bioware's behalf. For context, nearly 40+ Players that I know will NOT be coming back because of this.

You can make the argument that it wasn't ready, but the fact of the matter is that it was at a functional level on the PTS. Holding back ranked WZ gear would have been one thing, but this is just... I can't even express how disappointed I am in you guys.

OH BUT WAIT I HAVE A TAUNTAUN FROM YOU GUYS AT PAX MIRITE?

My guild of ~60 pvpers went from having roughly 15-20 on most of the day to about ~5 most of the day. News of 8 mans and ranked coming on we shot back up to our numbers as before. I can speak for the most of us and say that this was the only thing that was keeping us subbed. Sigh.

I would speak more, but my last post caused me to get a flag.... not that I should really care too much about flags anymore, but who knows maybe in a year when i'm tired of other games i'll want to come back.

8 man ques. Whatever your reasons/problems with releasing rated matches are, 8 man ques are easily done.

I don't want to keep dragging randoms to gear on my hard work.

Let our guild Que as a team.

EA or bioware whoever is calling the shots is effectively killing their own game. Our server went from over a hundred people in Republic fleet during peak hours to about 20. Getting a q takes forever even during peak play time. Our guild of 200 people has had about 40% unsub until 1.2 and now that there will not be rankings I can't say how many will actually come back. This is stupid even without ratings they could have put in 8 man Q so we wouldn't get stuck with half of the mentally deficient pubs. But no Bioware/ EA is once again riding all the PvE kids nuts and is completely screwing over all the serious PvP guys. I honestly don't know if I'll keep my subscription and that is a damn shame after having played since prelaunch and having built up a guild of 200 PvPrs ready to tear apart the rankings. If this game has any hope of not completely dying out they will at the very least introduce 8 man ops q'ing before Diablo 3 comes out or more than likely they will need to start merging servers.

I don't ***** a lot, complain or even troll.. But this is a bad call on Bioware; I find it troubling that the PVP in this game now seems to be put on the shelf for other items catered for the PVE players.

The test server statement I feel was a bunch of fluff, I played on test only with my lvl 10 and I wasn't able to get my 50 copied. How in the world can we test a system full with only a handful of 50s and not really put the system to work.

Totally disappointed with this call along with the salt in the wound Illum turned out to be, the lack of world pvp; the reason for world pvp. NO INCENTIVE.

Probably get flammed for this, but PVE seems to be the main directive for this game and I was looking for a PVP game with a deeper meaning and it doesn't appear that we are going to be getting this.

This SUCKS...

Not happy...

1.2 better have a huge impact or my $$ goes elsewhere..

I doubt it has much to do with Cross realm servers, Val. :)

If it had then the solo queue would had been implemented atleast, there are enough players for this - just to fill 8 men teams is an issue, but this wont be fixed either when the xrealms are up, as you must find players on your server....

I hope you're right, because from what little I've read, cross server ques are still pretty far off, and I know many were primarily just sticking around for the rated WZ's, and if they leave, my server will be even more dead than it already is lol.

Hmmm,Are Guild is pissed,we really dont care about the other parts of the patch,we do have 3 rated teams waiting for this,now what are we going to do. I suggest you get on it and make it happen by next week the latest.........I'm not kidding.....OOOO AND GET RID OF SERVERS,WE DON'T NEED THEM..... Edited by Itathor

In the interim why not allow 8-person queuing for normal warzones even though it isn't as intended. Surely it wasn't intended not to release the ranked warzones but it is what is happening.

Give us 8-person queue ability so guilds can actually pvp together as a full group!!!

That will piss off every player who does not have 7 friends available at all times. I hated that at wow, its a horrible "fix".

No no, there must be solo queue and group queue - if it takes time to finish this, then so be it. Atleast they dont make the same mistakes like Blizz, its better to wait and get a system that is cool for all, than rushing it and then leaving either solo or group players out.