Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

While we have no current ETA for Ranked Warzones to be implemented, as a full development/testing cycle needs to be completed, we're hopeful it'll happen before the next major Game Update (1.3).

Yah a full testing and development cycle like you just did for patch 1.2 the past month. Look how well that turned out...

Obviously the issue isn't time its the amount of testing and the response to testing being utter failure.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People bashed me for asking what was actually going to make it in with 1.2 thinking that just because the PTS patch notes said this and that was in that indeed the live patch would be the same... yeah... Personally I'm glad they took the stance on making it right this time instead of just rushing it out. So big middle finger to the arsehats that took the time to show how stupid they where by posting before and thanks again to Bioware for doing it right this time. Still have a lot of hope for this game!

Rushing it? Bioware does one thing, they delay stuff saying "We want it perfect" And they release a poor product. They need to get rid of whoever is in charge of the PvP content, because he's obviously a PVE'er.

That's good that they're takin their time with it. I'm still looking forward to 1.2!

Likewise.

The irony of all the rage here is that the same people would rage at a buggy and unpolished PvP ranking system. They'd claim BW doesn't care about PVPers and released a poorly made Ranked WZ system just to keep us in the game.

Some people just need their rage fix.

we're hopeful it'll happen before the next major Game Update (1.3).

ARE YOU SERIOUS ??

LOL how can you have such no skill in communication it's unbelievable i feel really sorry for Bioware right now, this games as such a big oppurtunity to begin THE mmo

Edited by turnipskiller

While we have no current ETA for Ranked Warzones to be implemented, as a full development/testing cycle needs to be completed, we're hopeful it'll happen before the next major Game Update (1.3).

Queuing for solo Ranked Warzones will be implemented after the eight-man queuing system is implemented.

So it went from ranked WZs in the patch in 5 hours, too our PVP team is working on this as we speak to get this implemented, too maybe before 1.3. Which really means yeah it might happen in 1.3, which is probably another few months down the road. Oh and btw all the other changes are going into affect so we are practically GIVING BM gear to everyone. Have fun for the next few months!

Queuing for solo Ranked Warzones will be implemented after the eight-man queuing system is implemented.

So do you see there being a problem for those of us who JUST resubbed once we knew the date of 1.2 launching, to get a refund from Customer Service? I'd hope you and your team can agree that this is quite a bit of 'last minute' news and people should be credited appropriately. Wouldn't you agree?

1.3!? Are you serious? This is such a poor team of developers.

I really don't understand why people are so amazed about it. Think about it. On my server it takes forever to get a pvp warzone going. Now with their launch i would be able to make a team of 8 people and wait.... longer??... for a warzone to pop. THis will and won't never work. The playerbase / server (on many servers) is simply to low.

The only way ranking works is if you have a large group of people doing warzones. So we will see ranked warzones once they figured out how to link all servers with ranked warzone players into one large pool.

The reason why this was not done is that the develepor are passiontly against dumping all servers into one que so players and their reputations have no meaning. You could see it on the faces of the develpers at the guild summit. Its just sad that Bioware is now forced into the "All pvp is one large que of all servers" due to technical reasons.

And that is the only thing that really makes me sad. That develepers cannot due what they invisionend but they have the jump the WoWbandwagon due to technical and timereasons....

Edited by Sunflake

You may lose many more subs after this one....

So now the SOLO players have to suffer more? Sounds like they are going to be forced to play a PVE game from here on out.

LOL

Aion over this? Seriously?

In a heartbeat. Why? Because its not loaded with bugs, um its FREE and theres a **** ton more to do in that game without twiddling my thumbs on an empty server queued up for WZ's that take 30-45 minutes per.

You bought me a dog Bioware.

Then you waited for me to fall in love with that dog.

I loved this dog.

Then you broke into my house, stole my money, punched me in the nuts in my sleep and ate my dog.

You told me a day before you wouldn't punch me in the nuts and eat my dog.

They never tested ilum either. My main issue though is this "pvp" team or lack of. Can we all agree we need to move some people around. Who knows it could be worse or better but what we have know is a lot incompetence and "were going to do this" and "wed like to try this" thats all fine and good id like to date kate upton and id like to try eating a spicy burger with her but reality says otherwise...

Oh well i hope everyone gives gw2 a try for pvp till gabe/james continue to think tank about the future while meanwhile were in a ongoing pvp disaster

Gear makes me wanna puke, valor means nothing and now there will be no ranked warzones rofl. To me that was going to be the best part about this patch. When my sub ends it will not be renewed even if they add playable Yodas! Edited by Meluna
rude

While I agree that this was indeed a low blow to announce so last-minute... people need to grow the hell up... if you hate the game as much as you all say you'd be gone. Simple as that. You're not entitled to anything because you dish out $15/month like the rest of us.... It's a game people get a grip. I'm a PvPer and my server population blows compared to how it was at launch but jesus they'll fix it, the game is still young... LIFE GOES ON PEOPLE.