922k dmg done in a wz

Tomtiffany

Either way, the 922k IS an impressive number (especially not in voidstar), even if it didn't amount to many kills, because he forced healers to focus on HIS targets...he controlled much of the fight with 922k damage. Obviously his team wasn't able to capitalize on his damage, hence the loss, but it sure as hell wasn't the guy with 922k damage that didn't do his share.

Focus Healers.

Healers Focus Themselves to stay alive.

Everybody else dies around them from not getting heals.

It's a simple concept people fail to understand as they beat on DPS getting healed without switching....

Than again, I tend to spend most of my warzones picking out healers or priority targets rather then focusing on a high overall damage done....I like winning.

Edited by exphryl

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Focus Healers.

Healers Focus Themselves to stay alive.

Everybody else dies around them from not getting heals.

It's a simple concept people fail to understand as they beat on DPS getting healed without switching....

Than again, I tend to spend most of my warzones picking out healers or priority targets rather then focusing on a high overall damage done....I like winning.

Not to mention healers cannot heal themselves as effectively as they can heal others. Wether it be due to skills not being castable on self, or the shear fact of getting hit makes heals take longer to cast and skills are easier to interrupt if you are attacking the same target.

You have this totally backwards... what good is dealing insane amounts of damage if no one ever dies?

It negates the output of enemy players, healers in particular. All else being equal 922k damage output is highly preferable to 622k damage output, which is highly preferable to 322k damage output. At 922k damage output, that player basically negated 2 enemy healers. If everyone on his team could have been half as effective, his team would have won.

A lot of people on this forum seem to have the belief that there high damage output games occur when one team wipes the floor with the other. That is totally untrue. That simply results in toons running around a lot. High damage output games occur when both sides are relatively equally matched and are healer heavy. In those situations neither side has a lot of deaths. That means there is no trip back and froth to the spawn tank for the shooter/force user and no lack of targets.

It negates the output of enemy players, healers in particular. All else being equal 922k damage output is highly preferable to 622k damage output, which is highly preferable to 322k damage output. At 922k damage output, that player basically negated 2 enemy healers. If everyone on his team could have been half as effective, his team would have won.

A lot of people on this forum seem to have the belief that there high damage output games occur when one team wipes the floor with the other. That is totally untrue. That simply results in toons running around a lot. High damage output games occur when both sides are relatively equally matched and are healer heavy. In those situations neither side has a lot of deaths. That means there is no trip back and froth to the spawn tank for the shooter/force user and no lack of targets.

which is the entire reason that obscenely high damage numbers are not that impressive. numbers like the OP's are dependent on the other team having a high number of very good healers.

simply put, stat padding is not that impressive

this.

900k+ damage is not that impressive when you only get 21 kills. ive had warzones where i barely break 400k but have 70+ kills, you tell me which is a better offensive performance

oh, and you lost. so nobody cares

Sorry man, if you made a goal to go do 900k damage I would bet you probably couldn't do it...what if he was playing with scrubs? Fine, go do 250k and get carried, as a dps he did his job...

One person cannot kill a good healer, if said healer dies to one person then he is not a good healer.

It's a team effort, but denying his individual effort because he team sucked is stupid.

If he scored 250k and lost would be still be a noob? So why does 900k loss make him so bad?

I've had 800k losses and 800k wins...individual effort aside one person can't carry a team alone. Give credit where credit is due and stop acting like a jealous topper.

if you guys think this is impressive you obviously do not know how marauders/sentinels pad their dmg scores. they just simply jump around and dot up random targets.

It's impressive because it's single target DPS...Marauder's are the last class that I would imagine get 922k.

You people are strange, and you obviously know NOTHING about the class if you think all they do is dot people up...

Also if you knew anything you would have noticed that his DoT's providing healing and while 101k healing is a lot, it's not a lot for 900+k damage done. What does this mean kids? It's means he wasn't using DoTs as his only method of DPS.

900k single target DMG is good, he is a good player...stop being anti-social dweebs and give credit where credit is due.

2 more DPS carry their weight and actually hit somebody and that team wins landslide victory. I guess all the others were doing "objectives" huh?

Edited by Kurfer

As an Anni Marauder, his job is DPS. That's it. WZs are a team game where classes are required to perform according to their roles. He filled his role, to maximize his DPS. The other players on his team did not. Had one other DPS class on his team done 900K, they probably would have won.

The healers appeared to have free reign cross-healing each other. Based on the numbers, it's highly likely that he was the only player on his team doing what DPS should do in that situation, and that is pressure the healers.

So the individual performance certainly is impressive. It's a shame the rest of his team didn't step their game up and the result was a loss.

Not sure if anyone noticed this but though he did 900000 damage he did only 100000 healing.

"Healing? What does that have to do with anything?"

Well since he's Annihilation spec he's able to heal his entire group every time he has a full statck of the marauders version of centering. This ability causes 6 of his dots to automatically crit and heal the entire ops.

"Yea yea we know how it all works. Get to your point!"

The other night I did an Alderan warzone where we won and I did almost 480000 damage and had 125000 healing. If he was playing his class correctly they might of won because he missed out on a ton more damage and if by my math he did double my damage he would have did double my healing.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz189/thordomr/alderan.png

Not sure if anyone noticed this but though he did 900000 damage he did only 100000 healing.

"Healing? What does that have to do with anything?"

Well since he's Annihilation spec he's able to heal his entire group every time he has a full statck of the marauders version of centering. This ability causes 6 of his dots to automatically crit and heal the entire ops.

"Yea yea we know how it all works. Get to your point!"

The other night I did an Alderan warzone where we won and I did almost 480000 damage and had 125000 healing. If he was playing his class correctly they might of won because he missed out on a ton more damage and if by my math he did double my damage he would have did double my healing.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz189/thordomr/alderan.png

He probably had no choice, the rest of his team was worthless...they were probably dead most of the time.

Just give the guy credit, truth be told you line up 15 BM equipped Marauders and told them to go do 900+ dmg and most of them couldn't do it.

It takes a lot of work to constantly stick people to get that kind of dmg.

Props to him.

He probably had no choice, the rest of his team was worthless...they were probably dead most of the time.

Just give the guy credit, truth be told you line up 15 BM equipped Marauders and told them to go do 900+ dmg and most of them couldn't do it.

It takes a lot of work to constantly stick people to get that kind of dmg.

Props to him.

see if you actually look at the warzone stats you can see what youre suggesting is false.

the OP's team had a total of 9 deaths. the other team had a total of 23 deaths. to say the OP's team was worthless and probably spent most of their time dead, would be a false.

doing 900k damage is not difficult when opposing healers are allowed to free cast and keep targets on their feet.

the OP did 44k damage per kill. thats nearly 3 times the average health of a fully geared player, and for only 1 kill.

yes, big damage numbers look cool, but they do not win warzones. they are isolated incidents that are depending more on the other teams composition than a player's ability

see if you actually look at the warzone stats you can see what youre suggesting is false.

the OP's team had a total of 9 deaths. the other team had a total of 23 deaths. to say the OP's team was worthless and probably spent most of their time dead, would be a false.

doing 900k damage is not difficult when opposing healers are allowed to free cast and keep targets on their feet.

the OP did 44k damage per kill. thats nearly 3 times the average health of a fully geared player, and for only 1 kill.

yes, big damage numbers look cool, but they do not win warzones. they are isolated incidents that are depending more on the other teams composition than a player's ability

9 total deaths are even worse and goes to show how worthless his team really was...9 total deaths and the OP did MOST of the damage for his whole team.

He had a band of scrubs and made his **** sandwich taste good, what else was he supposed to do?

This ^

And I wanna make-out with you.

:)

again, obscenely high damage is more dependent on the opposing team's class makeup than a player's ability.

its cool, but doesnt really mean anything

So what's that say about the other people on his team that didn't also get 1mil with the same "makeup"? Its obvious he was in a different class than everyone else in terms of damage output. I guess his class is "op" huh?

Edited by Kurfer

Wait for ranked warzones before patting yourself on the back. It's silly when there are 12.5k health level 50 tank spec'd guardians running around in our warzones. Scrub numbers are up - those who pvp as 50's with their lvl 40 pvp gear still on.