922k dmg done in a wz

Tomtiffany

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find doing massing amounts of damage is more dependant on the other team being all healers and poor dps than what I do. Of course, some players do alot less damage because they are actually taking players out of the game (ie killing them) instead of hitting them like a target dummy.

Still Impressive, I've had those types of games where I hit over and over and was still 300k short of this.

I'd probably say the DKP analogy for performance in warzones was good if it weren't for certain mechanics like:

1) Pulling healers from groups running the ball in Huttball. Moving a healer away from a fight is on par with having them dead. In some cases you don't want them dead because it could move them onto defense, which could be on the other side of the map. You aren't dps'ing, but you are providing a big boon for your group.

2) I can push, pull, yank, knock back, slow, stun, etc. to people, causing them to die in traps (huttball) or fall off bridges (voidstar). They do great damage and aren't applied to the damage you do in a warzone.

3) Inflated dps numbers from certain classes that do AoE damage instead of single target killing key players to accomplish mechanics goes against the DKP mantra.

4) I could slam everyone for 5k, or I could AoE stun them to throw the ball. Some of us are busy running mechanics instead of DPS'ing. DPS'ing is a secondary for many of us in particular warzones, and even more/less depending on group makeup. The stealther waiting on the bridges or in the endzone isn't doing damage, nor is the ball carrier, but they're putting numbers on the board for a win.

So, it's an interesting theory, but definitely has gaping holes. : )