why is my launcher allready downloading patch?

jersyiii

I'm doing that now Inzi, but it's going to take a while. No download cap for me, so I might as well keep it going until I hear more. Definitely disappointed, since I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to do before the patch.

And here all I was trying to do was get online to check for stims for you guys :( *cry* Let us know how that goes, eh? :)

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ********. How the hell do you let something as big as this slip by you? Now you are saying we wont be able to log in until tomorrow? Why? Because of your teams incompetance????? This is unacceptable to the highest degree.

Thank you for the people who responded positively to the people who were negative to me. Also, seriously, people want me to shut up? I've paid my money and got every right to post here as long as I don't violate the terms of agreement, which many of you are coming close to violating by insulting me.

The reason I didn't stop the download when it originally started patching was because whenever I patch anything else, like an update from Microsoft, if I ever cancelled it midway I was probably ****ed. Sometimes even having to reinstall whole programs or operating systems.

So in order to avoid having to reinstall all of SWTOR, I let the patch do its thing and fully download and fully install.

Also I DO have a bandwidth cap and don't want to have to go over it by doing a full SWTOR reinstall.

So now I am waiting on word as to what to do, and thus posting on these boards. Yes, I may have ranted originally about a free day, but that was in frustration and I apologize if I offended.

don't apologize

Hey everyone, sorry for the brief confusion. Here’s what happened and how it affects you.

Some patch-related changes were mistakenly deployed early. Luckily, these changes only affected players for a very brief (less than 15-minute) window. We corrected this unintentional change very quickly.

Here’s how it affects you:

If you started or completed the patch download, you have two options:

• If you want to continue playing today, you will need to restart your client and re-download the client
  • If you want to wait until tomorrow and play when 1.2 is deployed to the servers, you can close your client and restart it tomorrow after the patch is deployed (approximately 8AM CDT).

We apologize for the confusion, but only a very small number of players were affected by this unintentional change. Thank you for your understanding.

If we have the original game CD, does it make sense to just re-install and then patch from there to avoid an 11gb download?

Wonder if some poor, tired, frazzled BWer thought they were plopping that patch on Test and goofed, putting it on live?

I called customer support once and I can't even describe the background noise I heard. I even had to shout "what did you say??" to the agent once, so frazzled is right :D

Tomorrow is a celebration day for the game and someone from Bioware returned it to a funeral !!!

This is a REAL TALENT !!!

note: the confidence level right now bioware is in a smaller level than greek politicians ... you have problems ? fix them yesterday... else you will stay alone

This is ********. How the hell do you let something as big as this slip by you? Now you are saying we wont be able to log in until tomorrow? Why? Because of your teams incompetance????? This is unacceptable to the highest degree.

but but it only affected a small amount of people

I posted a few solutions on page 6 that MAY help people.. Although it seems that many are pretty successful with if it starts DLing ctrl+alt+del and close all the Swtor files. Relaunch the game and it allowed them to play.

Either way Alison, players who have started to download are shot for the night. 11GB download is huge and will take ALL night for most, if not longer.

For once, can we actually have some REAL answers to this question

If I download the 11GB now, will I need to download 1.2 patch and if so, how big is that patch?

Thank you for the people who responded positively to the people who were negative to me. Also, seriously, people want me to shut up? I've paid my money and got every right to post here as long as I don't violate the terms of agreement, which many of you are coming close to violating by insulting me.

The reason I didn't stop the download when it originally started patching was because whenever I patch anything else, like an update from Microsoft, if I ever cancelled it midway I was probably ****ed. Sometimes even having to reinstall whole programs or operating systems.

So in order to avoid having to reinstall all of SWTOR, I let the patch do its thing and fully download and fully install.

Also I DO have a bandwidth cap and don't want to have to go over it by doing a full SWTOR reinstall.

So now I am waiting on word as to what to do, and thus posting on these boards. Yes, I may have ranted originally about a free day, but that was in frustration and I apologize if I offended.

Yep, bandwidth cap here as well. Such a pain in the rear to keep playing this game. None of my RL friends will play and just a handful of my WoW guild are still here. I can't imagine why they won't listen to my pleas to get them here....

Anyway, stopped the DL and am reinstalling from Disc, hoping that I will have less than 12Gb of patches between today and tomorrow (on top of the 900Mb I downloaded today).....GRRRRR

Hey everyone, sorry for the brief confusion. Here’s what happened and how it affects you.

Some patch-related changes were mistakenly deployed early. Luckily, these changes only affected players for a very brief (less than 15-minute) window. We corrected this unintentional change very quickly.

• If you want to continue playing today, you will need to restart your client and re-download the client
  • If you want to wait until tomorrow and play when 1.2 is deployed to the servers, you can close your client and restart it tomorrow after the patch is deployed (approximately 8AM CDT).

We apologize for the confusion, but only a very small number of players were affected by this unintentional change. Thank you for your understanding.

Can anyone explain to me how to re-download the client? Does that mean redownloading the game? Sorry, but I'm not exactly the most technically inclined person. Thanks.

Bwahahaha.

Thank you for the update. I will wait until tomorrow to play. :sadface

So I suppose you will add 1 day more to my subscription?

Either way Alison, players who have started to download are shot for the night. 11GB download is huge and will take ALL night for most, if not longer.

For once, can we actually have some REAL answers to this question

If I download the 11GB now, will I need to download 1.2 patch and if so, how big is that patch?

They said that if you did DL the patch already you can play come 1.2 RELEASE(Actual release) tommorow. Logging in today WITH that patch will NOT Work.