Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Diablo III is not MMO game and allthough many who palyed Diablo and Diablo II also played WoW or/and Starcraft there is no guarantee that they will also shift to Diablo III

Guild Wars 2 meanwhile will be the same ''disappointment'' as SW ToR is supposed to be there will be multiple things ''missing'' compared to Blizzards WoW and targeted audience is same...

TERA looks crap btw....

Seriously SW ToR is a game with multiple flaws where the most ridiculous one is bad community managment by Bioware (listening to forum whiners) closely followed by no Xfers and no server-only LFG tool

But what i personally say disappoints me the most is the fact that Hero Engine is ULTIMATE CRAP for allowing true MASSIVE EVIRONEMTN together with servers only handling a COUPLE of thousand people online

Modern MMOs servers and engines SHOULD handle 10.000+ players on a single server....

Ps: The only real reason why Guild Wars 2 is going to be doing relatively ''good'' is because it has no subscription fee.

The final game of Diablo 3 is very fun to play dont measure it by the beta it didnt give you enough to really get feel for what it has to offer. It has high replayability and new experiences every time even some of the quest events are random generated.

GW2 will be very good pvp they looked at what people truly wanted and found way to apply it, it new and a new experience is what the gamers really want. The fact they decided to not make it a grind and a pvp fun from beginning on equal grounds was excellent idea. MOP is actually pretty good alot people will try it, trust me how many times do people go back to WOW to try the expansions, MOP has graphics improvements too and supports dx11. Firefall is the game people dont know much about but one to keep eye on it looks fun and it a futuristic mmo.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it with the subs being under 700k most likely right now if the cancelation really did cancel, and with coming better games that wont be rushed released you can bet that SWTOR will have a mass fall by mid year, infact by end of 2012 this game will have only 200k subs if that. Fact is if SWTOR released same time GW2, MOP and DIablo 3 they wouldnt have even sold over 1million copys. maybe 300k

But its true with Guild Wars 2 Diablo III and also Tera online looming over the horizon SWTOR is in serious trouble, posters here may say it a million times over and over again but the fact remains that its true.

Don't you people ever get tired of this?

When Rift came out it was ZOMG it's going to kill X Y and Z MMO. When TOR came out? ZOMG! Kill X Y and Z MMO! When GW2 comes out? ZOMG, going to kill TOR Rift and other MMOs! When the next big thing comes out? ZOMG!!! Going to kill GW2 and Tera! And so on and so on. Blah blah blah, same old crap over and over again. So sick of it...

I understand people are havin problems with this game. I personally enjoy this game because im huge into star wars and the whole lore and story behind this game. Thr grind from 1-50 was enjoyable with in game cintematics, player speaking choices, and a whole list of things. I agree transfers need to be added but im happy with the fact they are trying to make this game better. I also loved I was rewarded for being one of there long time members I actually feel like they try to reach out and want people to join and play. This game has a whole lot better community than mmo like WoW I actually feel like my character plays a major role in the star wars feel. So all you swtor haters please stop putting down this game people enjoy it still or else they would have dropped the whole thing, and if you bought this game becuase you saw the awesome cinematic trailer and thought that what the game would be like im sorry you just got sold into good advertisment. May the force be with you guys!:csw_bluesaber:

When Rift came out it was ZOMG it's going to kill X Y and Z MMO. When TOR came out? ZOMG! Kill X Y and Z MMO! When GW2 comes out? ZOMG, going to kill TOR Rift and other MMOs! When the next big thing comes out? ZOMG!!! Going to kill GW2 and Tera! And so on and so on. Blah blah blah, same old crap over and over again. So sick of it...

Well in this case it will. SWTOR should been a single player game with mulitplayer options at end and it should been free to play.

Lets face it with the subs being under 700k most likely right now if the cancelation really did cancel, and with coming better games that wont be rushed released you can bet that SWTOR will have a mass fall by mid year, infact by end of 2012 this game will have only 200k subs if that. Fact is if SWTOR released same time GW2, MOP and DIablo 3 they wouldnt have even sold over 1million copys. maybe 300k

Hey, Nostradamus, what's $12.99*500,000*12? Hint: It's $77,940,000. 77 million dollars a year even with 500,000 subs. Just because an MMO doesn't have WoW like sub numbers, doesn't even REMOTELY mean it's a failure. Hey, can I have tomorrow's lotto numbers, while you're predicting the future?

PS: I say all this as a staunch critic of this game. I just love injecting some reality into the minds of the delusional ;)

Edited by OsarionRDM

Dont know about Diablo 3,pretty much looks like I could pull out my 1st Gen XBOX and old Baldurs Gate console version and have a similar experience, just not as fancey. its that cam view they are useing, the kind that tweaks your neck.

To this day GuildWars 1 and the trilogy looks better than WoW does today.

I left GW1 to try Wow in 2004? 2005? vanilla WoW I guess, played it a month and went back to GW.

Preferance I guess, WoW gave me a headache, it was butt ugly and Disney-ish or kiddie-ish.

Went back to GW and felt like a breath of fresh air. and I didnt have to pay for it every month.

GW2 free to play ? that might be competative.

Sorry I,m cracking up....

This Post is so good, and undeniably true about all the BS flying around ,Ill go to bed content that everything in this thread was wrapped up nice and neat package lol.

That was the problem though. That what people warned them about. You need to do something to distinguish yourself from games before you.

EQ had huge head start over WoW. But they changed enough and improved enough that it didn't matter.

With this game, I like the story and single player game better, But I'm done that now and I have moved on to PvP. Where I will have to wait years paying 15 dollars a month to get the content in WoW today.

Thats the problem. They have no real stand out features for the long term right now

THis is where a space expansion would really help IMO.

Hey, Nostradamus, what's $12.99*500,000*12? Hint: It's $77,940,000. 77 million dollars a year even with 500,000 subs. Just because an MMO doesn't have WoW like sub numbers, doesn't even REMOTELY mean it's a failure. Hey, can I have tomorrow's lotto numbers, while you're predicting the future?

PS: I say all this as a staunch critic of this game. I just love injecting some reality into the minds of the delusional ;)

Speaking of reality, Bioware just had layoffs here in Austin. You won't find a news release because they had them signing NDAs to try and keep it from being public. You can't keep it quiet when these people are interviewing for other jobs and need to explain why they left their previous company though.

Speaking of reality, Bioware just had layoffs here in Austin. You won't find a news release because they had them signing NDAs to try and keep it from being public. You can't keep it quiet when these people are interviewing for other jobs and need to explain why they left their previous company though.

Sounds great! I might try this,

Me to my former employer "You know I was fired for embezzling money from the company accounts?"

Employer "Yes!", nervously buzzing for security

Me "You mind if we set up an NDA so neither of us have to talk about it... ever?"

Ps. I have never embezzled anything from any company that I worked for and nor am I implying that anyone else has... ever.

Sounds great! I might try this,

Me to my former employer "You know I was fired for embezzling money from the company accounts?"

Employer "Yes!", nervously buzzing for security

Me "You mind if we set up an NDA so neither of us have to talk about it... ever?"

Ps. I have never embezzled anything from any company that I worked for and nor am I implying that anyone else has... ever.

That exact situation goes on more then you think. It's often not in the companys interest to publicise it (or even criminalise it) any more than it is the person doing it. :eek:

Lets face it with the subs being under 700k most likely right now

My turn: Seventy-three gazillion! Five-hundred fifty-one bazillion! Forty-six!

Who knew that making up numbers could be so much fun?

My turn: Seventy-three gazillion! Five-hundred fifty-one bazillion! Forty-six!

Who knew that making up numbers could be so much fun?

If SWTOR have that many playing they've got serious security issue. The game will be down in weeks due to unpaid for accounts crippling bandwidth! :eek:

But its true with Guild Wars 2 Diablo III and also Tera online looming over the horizon SWTOR is in serious trouble, posters here may say it a million times over and over again but the fact remains that its true.

Disagree. Those are all WoW clones, in that they all have LoTR/D&D type settings. Those games are a dime a dozen. Many of us now playing this game have little interest in playing in Middle Earth style settings. We wanted to play in the Star Wars universe.

Since those games you and so many others have brought forth have the same old tired and worn out Middle Earth setting, we're just uninterested. "Oh look, another D&D style game .... again .... but with nicer graphics. Yawn."

Incompetent because Bioware had 8 years of WoW to look at and learn from,

No they didn't, they had however many years wow had been out when BW started development. Unless of course BW has access to a time a machine. Try looking up the company that tried to put out Duke Nukem Forever and see why it was they failed and it took another company less than a year to finally release it.

Edited by Apocalypsezero

First off I love the game, great story lines and full of content but.... I waited 8 hours on the 25th for one pvp queue pop, Kathol. Rift this includes but 1-49 and 50 queues. At most prime time maybe 20-30 tops on fleet and maybe 90-200 players tops since when I do /who searchs most of the time under a hundred.

I Really hope dev's would be forth coming if they even planning on megering/transfers, and if so maybe a time line. You can only do so much solo in the game before it becomes work instead of enjoyment.

With the transfer to the APAC servers, previous APAC servers have their population dropping tremendously.

Usually we have over 100 on the fleet at this time, today it is 30. And server status is light even at APAC peak hours.

This was the most populated server at this APAC peak hours, usually heavy.

Instead of merging servers, they have just virtually split a few previous APAC servers.

Guild cannot run operation anymore due to transfer of their members.

They have a very poor strategy overall, and very slow development, as if they are trying to work on source codes written by someone already left, thus causing so many reported supposed-to-be-fixed bugs to be reappearing again and again.

1.2 may keep people for a month or so, but since there are so many notable titles coming out in the next few months, I think more people are going to leave the game, considering what they have done to many of us, such as unreasonable nerf of commando/BH ... many have simply lost their love and loyalty for BW. If the game die quickly, they deserve it.

Let's face it, a ton of folks were waiting for 1.2 to come out. Some even came back for 1.2. When 1.2 came out there was a nice population surge but I waited, knowing it was too good to be true. Sure enough a week later there was a population drop. After that, another drop to take fleet number to less than what they were before 1.2.

Server merges have been needed for awhile now and they don't seem to want to do that. It's a game killer to sit here and either refuse to do it or not have the ability to do it. With strong games coming soon to compete against Star Wars it looks likes it will be another one of those games with 300-500k subs and a few servers. Free-To-Play will be the next thing they try but they can't wait forever to do it. They've got to act soon on something the community wants; Free Server Transfers, Server Merges, etc.

I bought guild wars 2 as well,

people are still going to stay in swtor because most received 30 days free, so they have like 30 days to make something change, if not then it's pretty much over, swtor will still stay alive but not like it was at first.

server merges, transfers are sooo needed, but they just keep on waiting. well they gave 30 more days.. so we'll see

server merges HAVE to be done as soon as possible. the server i played on, the first days when i entered it was listed as "RECOMMENDED". And now i swear there is no single warzone in the whole week for people 50+, im completely sure of it. Saturday evening other server i play on has 130 people, and its "standart", while the one i played before has 3-4 people and those are level 10-20.

If you don't believe go play on Senator Contisplex(EU, PVP) server.

Edited by Akyio

Let's face it, a ton of folks were waiting for 1.2 to come out. Some even came back for 1.2. When 1.2 came out there was a nice population surge but I waited, knowing it was too good to be true. Sure enough a week later there was a population drop. After that, another drop to take fleet number to less than what they were before 1.2.

Server merges have been needed for awhile now and they don't seem to want to do that. It's a game killer to sit here and either refuse to do it or not have the ability to do it. With strong games coming soon to compete against Star Wars it looks likes it will be another one of those games with 300-500k subs and a few servers. Free-To-Play will be the next thing they try but they can't wait forever to do it. They've got to act soon on something the community wants; Free Server Transfers, Server Merges, etc.

Do not assume it will go FTP. Ultima Online is still going and it has never went to FTP. And it was the first MMO. Came out even before EQ.

Well This weekend will be a big Stress Test To SWTor, since it will be GW 2 Beta for Pre Purchase players!

And you know wath GW 2 its not out and you can alrdy transfer characters from world to world :).

At Monday we will see how it will be I bet that even Full servers will drop to Standard...and i am being optimist.

I bought guild wars 2 as well,

people are still going to stay in swtor because most received 30 days free, so they have like 30 days to make something change, if not then it's pretty much over, swtor will still stay alive but not like it was at first.

No. Will stay with this game because it's about Star Wars instead of elves and dragons, for which I and many others who were drawn to this game have little to no interest.

Edited by GreySix