Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

StephenReid

Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?  

3,019 members have voted

1. 1. Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?

• Full 3D space battles
    • Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs)
    • Pod/speeder racing
    • Capital ship battles

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Space. I want to be able to drift around the Tatooine system in my ship. Combat wise i want to have a proper dog fight. One where i dont just point and click. A 3d Sim style space combat where i have full control of my ship. And no time limits. I want to be the one to decide when to jump to hyperspace. Edited by Bomyne

My Star Wars fantasy is to be the apprentice's of Master Yoda or other choose-able mentor(s)

It would also be nice, if Jedi's appearance are less dramatic and simplified, as well as not like a bug's appearance. (no crockcroaches headgear any of those sort... simple ninjitsu/ kung-fu/ martial art clothing style is sufficient.)

Vehicle combat definitely seems like it should be your last choice. I'm not sure how you would really be able to fit it into the game and have it actually make sense since there is basically no vehicle related stuff whatsoever. Space combat could be fun, but it would take way more work than what was put into the current space setup. I'm not really sure how either of these would progress a character either. It doesn't seem logical to have any unlocks come out of either of these except ship upgrades, but when it comes down to it....your ship has no use in endgame or pvp content. Pod racing seems the most logical for SWTOR. It would just be a seperate mini game where you could win credits and upgrade your pod racer. I could also easily see tournaments coming out of this, which would add more fun to it. Pod racing would also probably be something that was shorter like a warzone. Space battles...especially the capitol ship battles, strike me as something that should take a considerable amount of time to complete. Not everybody has a ton of time to dedicate to something like that though with all of the pvp and endgame content that there is to go through, especially if your not getting anything out of it that would benefit you. All of these ideas would be fun, but it seems to me that pod racing would fit into the game a lot better than the others.

Vehicle combat definitely seems like it should be your last choice. I'm not sure how you would really be able to fit it into the game and have it actually make sense since there is basically no vehicle related stuff whatsoever. .

Well it's interesting because no one besides the FPS has been able to pull off vehicles I think. I didn't vote for this option, but it would be an innovation if done well. Don't dismiss the idea BW.

Why not do a combo of everything? Make space combat like battlefront 2, but engage the capital ships even more. You could make an entire WZ that was two capital ships fighting with 3D space combat and people would love it. You could have people board the other ship, fight in space, bomb the enemy ship, control turrets on the ship, repair ship parts, etc.

Capital Ship battles? You mean like Star Destroyer vs Star Destroyer? No way! That sounds WAY too Star Trekkie :mad:

No, id much prefer large 3D space battles with pod/speeder racing as a close second.

BTW, I mean X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter type PvE and PvP space combat and N64 Episode I Racer multi-player racing! Dont halfas it, Ohlen! :mad:

Why not do a combo of everything? Make space combat like battlefront 2, but engage the capital ships even more. You could make an entire WZ that was two capital ships fighting with 3D space combat and people would love it. You could have people board the other ship, fight in space, bomb the enemy ship, control turrets on the ship, repair ship parts, etc.

I thinks it's a list of everything they want to do. He just wants to see what we want now or first. That's my guess at least.

I voted, though My "fantasy" would be to be able to live a redemption/betrayal store line. Sith redemption or Jedi Fall type thing.

The light side Sith/Dark Side jedi options just don't do it for me.

Edited by Sandhawk

If we are talking fantasty just figure a way to tack on the systems of Battlefront 2 in your game.....you'd have all of those on your list except the soldiers/jedi/sith/ would be using hotkeys and macros rather than twitch reflexes to shoot each other when outside of a vehicle.

Capital Ship battles? You mean like Star Destroyer vs Star Destroyer? No way! That sounds WAY too Star Trekkie :mad:

That's an interesting opinion. While I agree starfighters are more prominent, three movies, off the top of my head (ESB, ROJ, ROS) featured capital ship battles. I mean, the ships are a major part of the universe, and all of the great powers (the Empire, the Republic, the Rebellion, the Separatists, etc) have massive fleets of them. It's clearly not something Bioware tossed in because STO is such a great success[1]. (I didn't even finish the tutorial in the F2P version... it takes a lot to lose my interest that quickly...and I pretty much grew up on Star Trek in the 1970s rerun era...).

I do see where you're coming from, in that there's more focus in the movies and games on single-person ships (fighters, small ships like the MF), but I'd be interested in hearing you elaborate on your reasons more. If (and this is pure speculation on my part) capital ship battles are team based, with a group controlling different parts of a single ship (guns, shields, power, etc), it would be a fairly unique experience compared to most MMO sub-games. (If it's making star destroyers zip around like they're x-wings, then, to hell with it.)

[1]That was sarcasm, for those of you who think J. Swift advocated eating babies.

I mean all of the above wasn't a choice so. . . .

Pod/Speeder racing all day. Just like MarioCart and Blur, loved those games. Power ups that spawn on the track, regular and heat seeking missiles, drop mines etc. . "Wall of crazy" for sure but even having it tied to your in game speeder(s) and possibly modifiable would be amazing. We already have the 3 speed classes/level gates. Please oh please do this someday BW.

Space combat for sure. I envision a 16 man operation with an 8 man boarding party and an 8 man flight group having to work together to take out objectives. That would be epic. Also a similar style warzone would be interesting.

I would really like to see the space combat expanded upon. Multi-player missions, free movement, different roles (bombers, interceptors, etc), different types of upgrades for the ship, maybe even ship variants.

I realize the current space combat is limited, and it is a mini-game, but it still has a lot of potential.

EDIT: I would also like to see more intense combat, movement and over-all action to the missions. With the exception of a couple moments here and there, the combat seems far to laid back and casual. I often feel like I'm on some sort of guided tour rather than a dog fight.

Edited by RamathRS

If by "Full 3D space battles" you mean moving about in a shared space environment then, hell yes. Please, treat this with as much TLC as you have done with the "ground" aspects.

I almost would have went with the Vehicle combat as it's very iconic to Star Wars as well but the space aspect really needs the hug and kisses first and foremost IMO.

Cheers for the continued feedback requests too.

:ph_cheers:

No, id much prefer large 3D space battles with pod/speeder racing as a close second.

BTW, I mean X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter type PvE and PvP space combat and N64 Episode I Racer multi-player racing! Dont halfas it, Ohlen! :mad:

No, it doesnt. Capital ships in Star Wars are a lot heavier and more powerful than their ST counterparts. They are also an important part of Star Wars space combat.

Server Merges. Oops, not one of the selections. The post with the largest thread count on the forums yet again did not make the cut.

Server merges lost to podracing....

Nuthin but love for us, nuthin but love.

What this guy said.....I'm getting tired of only having 4 or 5 people on a end game planet at a time.

Edited by Lecto