Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

StephenReid

Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?  

3,019 members have voted

1. 1. Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?

• Full 3D space battles
    • Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs)
    • Pod/speeder racing
    • Capital ship battles

A dungeon/heroic mission finder. So...none of those four.

Then go to wow...this is not wow,of course a Dungeon Finder would be good,but right now its not needed ,wow have 3 continents and an additional world,air travelling was slow,the distances between 1 place an another was big,and when in a fly route the bird/bat/dragon/machine stop in almost every zone,so it wasnt really straight..sometimes to go from your city to a dungeon you spend half hour to get there,as far as i know this is not the case,almost every time you need to go to a group zone you are near that zone because you get the quest just there,the ppl from blizzard didnt want to put in the game a system like that because ppl would start to go to any dungeon without any effort searching group,because you dont even go to the zone,because you would not need any help from your guild or friends,and eventually the community would get lazy(and that actually did happen),but it was maybe the faster choice to bring the ppl interest to dungeons and old content PvE again,but they did wrong,a better choice(but slower)is for example make travelling easier,but not instant...eventually thats why everybody in wow became so lazy and noob...so if you want that go and play wow,if you want a real insteresting mmoRpg(wow forgot many times that R)then you would like things like space battles,vehicle battles(i always wanted things like PvP in your mount,or in PvE,but that never happen,it doesnt count some ridiculous camel fight)so if in the future this game need a Dungeon Finder,i hope that it will not be like the wow DF,because everybody would be lazy and the many worlds of sw would be empty except the fleet,every player would be there(in wow you hit lvl 15 and then you can stay in the city till 85)

So please Bioware...dont put a dungeon finder right now,and when is needed dont put one like wow...

Now to the choice...alll 4 are amazing,i want all 4!!!!right now there is a "space battle" system but its not very good,basically you have shoot,shoot missile and some move to dodge the attacks,thats all,a system like the SW BF2 where you can repair ships,battle in the space with other ships,invade the enemy ship,all that with a MMORPG touch(like levels of ships,upgrades by level,abilities of ships,speed,stats of a ship,for example speed ,acceleration,rate of fire,armor,shield power,so we can have tank ships,dps ships,and possibly healer ships)all that in a WZ and this game will be a legend :)

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full 3D Space Battles, please. :mon_trap: It's called "Star Wars" for a reason, by the Maker!

I think podracing should be lowest priority, that's just a minigame like pazaak, entertaining but would ruin the feeling of "being at war against Empire/Republic" right now, imho.

All of these could be amazing but it kinda depends on what each one actually ends up like when playable.

Vehicle combat would be awesome I loved Hoth / Empire strikes back and all the AT-AT's, when I think of Star Wars I think of big Hoth battles with the walkers being brought down by the trip wires from the snow speeders and also the ewok battles in the forest on endor which also had alot of walker battles.

Capital ship battles is a pretty broad idea I don't even know where to begin to think what that could lead to? Deathstars, corvettes, frigates or the emperors ship! Maybe even the barges of the Hutts like where boba falls into the Sarlac.

Space battles would be awesome too as Tie Fighter was like one of the first PC games I played when I was younger but I'm not sure how to make a 2012 version of that work.

I'll vote for vehicle battles for now but ALL of these should be in the game 1 day :)

All of these could be amazing but it kinda depends on what each one actually ends up like when playable.

Vehicle combat would be awesome I loved Hoth / Empire strikes back and all the AT-AT's, when I think of Star Wars I think of big Hoth battles with the walkers being brought down by the trip wires from the snow speeders and also the ewok battles in the forest on endor which also had alot of walker battles.

Capital ship battles is a pretty broad idea I don't even know where to begin to think what that could lead to? Deathstars, corvettes, frigates or the emperors ship! Maybe even the barges of the Hutts like where boba falls into the Sarlac.

Space battles would be awesome too as Tie Fighter was like one of the first PC games I played when I was younger but I'm not sure how to make a 2012 version of that work.

I'll vote for vehicle battles for now but ALL of these should be in the game 1 day :)

When i think of capital ship fights I think of the opening Scene from Episode 3. With the option to man a Gun Turret or Fly a fighter.

All of the above!!!!

Capital ship battle with some of your friends hoping into fighters while there is a battle raging on the planet below with armored transports and artillery. Players flying around on speeders and swoops..... So... Star Wars Battlefield 3 Endor Simulator

Edited by fadingdimension

Well, you know, since this is a hypothetical thread....

Lets take 1 and 4 and make them individual yet still separate. :):):):):)

Ok, so we take GCS (Guild Capitol Ship) to 2 separate yet connected uses. Well 3 uses if you count the new Guild area which is located within the Ship itself but not to be confused with either PvP or Space Combat).

1) Space Combat. The X-Wing style space combat can incorporate larger than fighter-class ships. Who knows the extent here.. Probably would include Guild Progression/Upgrading/Purchasing/Customizing all over time to make GCS more useful for 3D Space Simulation. Could even be mandatory travel method in some cases...

2) PvP Guild Capitol Ships. This would be similar to a Fort or Keep in other games. The Ship in question would likely be semi-connected to the landscape and would either be claimed or controlled by Guilds themselves and probably would be battled over in or around PvP 'lakes'. This could also offer rewards by Guild Progression/Purchase/Acheivement/Alliance etc...

3) Guild areas. Living Quarters, Bunk Beds, Estate Rooms, Weapons lockers etc.... Also Communications and Intel.

said Fantasy:D:D:D:D

Edited by WLpride

Why not pay 60.00/month instead of 15.00, so that BioWare can hire four times the development staff?

Have you ever played battlefront 2? It's not an especially complex system. Most of it could be applied from things already in game. Also, do you know what this game cost to develop? Go look it up.

Well, you know, since this is a hypothetical thread....

Lets take 1 and 4 and make them individual yet still separate. :):):):):)

Ok, so we take GCS (Guild Capitol Ship) to 2 separate yet connected uses. Well 3 uses if you count the new Guild area which is located within the Ship itself but not to be confused with either PvP or Space Combat).

1) Space Combat. The X-Wing style space combat can incorporate larger than fighter-class ships. Who knows the extent here.. Probably would include Guild Progression/Upgrading/Purchasing/Customizing all over time to make GCS more useful for 3D Space Simulation. Could even be mandatory travel method in some cases...

2) PvP Guild Capitol Ships. This would be similar to a Fort or Keep in other games. The Ship in question would likely be semi-connected to the landscape and would either be claimed or controlled by Guilds themselves and probably would be battled over in or around PvP 'lakes'. This could also offer rewards by Guild Progression/Purchase/Acheivement/Alliance etc...

3) Guild areas. Living Quarters, Bunk Beds, Estate Rooms, Weapons lockers etc.... Also Communications and Intel.

said Fantasy:D:D:D:D

I vote guild "castles". That would be nice. I miss the buildings from swg.

Hello everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is on the hunt for direct feedback once again. This week, he's asking for feedback on a general topic that I think you'll all have an opinion on!

James takes feedback directly via his Twitter account, but if you're not on Twitter, we're going to reproduce his question here and would love to get your feedback here too - as well as your votes on a poll.

As always, we ask you to limit your feedback to the question at hand and keep your feedback constructive as well as on-topic!

Here is James' question for this week:

Which Star Wars fantasy excites you the most? Full 3D space battles, vehicle combat (AT-ATs), pod/speeder racing or capital ship battles?

You can vote in the attached poll. Obviously each of these fantasies are big, enormous ideas, so we're sure you'll have plenty of feedback to give!

You can follow James on Twitter @JamesOhlen; you can follow our main account @SWTOR.

You guys were unable to deliver ONE good working product, why would you try to expand to other things?

Try and save what you currently have, before doing anything else.

Have you ever played battlefront 2? It's not an especially complex system. Most of it could be applied from things already in game. Also, do you know what this game cost to develop? Go look it up.

I know Battlefront 2 is way more fun to play than this game.

Whatever money was sunk into this, it was just a waste.

Edited by ArlindoGMNeto

You guys were unable to deliver ONE good working product, why would you try to expand to other things?

Try and save what you currently have, before doing anything else.

I take it you haven't played Mass Effect? KotOR? Dragon Age? SWTOR? All examples of well-done, good working products.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I take it you haven't played Mass Effect? KotOR? Dragon Age? SWTOR? All examples of well-done, good working products.

I take it you didn´t understand me. When i said ONE, i meant THIS game.

I know BW has made some high quality games. Unfortunately, SWTOR ain´t one of them, sorry.

I guess BW just have no idea how to run an MMO. To bad for us, they started it with such an iconic franchise and failed miserably.

I know BW has made some high quality games. Unfortunately, SWTOR ain´t one of them, sorry.

I guess BW just have no idea how to run an MMO. To bad for us, they started it with such an iconic franchise and failed miserably.

I listed SWTOR as a quality game. Why? Because in my decade-long MMOing experience, it's the best MMO at 3 months old than any other MMO was.

Even RIFT.

Quality can only be measured against peers.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I saw with the new legacy system we will have possible "Rivals" in the family tree, be really cool if you had a lv 50 flashpoint or Planet mission where, My Lv 50 empire character gets to fight or go toe to toe with my LV 50 Republic character, For Obvious reasons you couldn't kill either character, but it would be cool to see him fight him in his gear and see his look and voice. You could even have predetermined stats for the fight and the amour would be simply vanity OR you could have it where my character stats are the same and you have a scenario where i win and my Alternate character escapes, or I'm defeated (because my "Rival" running with rakata gear and I'm playing a newb lv 50) and i escape narrowly. You could have a default sith warrior or default jedi warrior template for those players whom do not have rivals at lv 50. Just thought that would be an EPIC mission

You can't please everyone, I think the game is high quality. If you don't like it, don't play

Edited by Ensquire
Spelling/Grammer

I listed SWTOR as a quality game. Why? Because in my decade-long MMOing experience, it's the best MMO at 3 months old than any other MMO was.

Even RIFT.

Quality can only be measured against peers.

Lol funny you mentioned Rift.

I played SWTOR for like 2 months, leveled 2 toons to 50, geared them, did pretty much everything the game has to offer (for those 2 classes. i didn´t feel like playing like 5 alts over and over).

After those 2 months, guess what? I still have gametime left on SWTOR, but resubbed to Rift.

Oh how i regret the fact that i left Rift for SWTOR. Even funnier, there are entire guilds there that have left SWTOR and went back to Rift.

Check the Rift forums if you don´t believe me.

Don´t get me wrong, i like most of the games you mentioned. BW have some good games on their list. But this one unfortunatelly is not one of them.

I hope people have fun playing it, i really do. I myself had a good time playing it, but a MMO has to offer something to its players that keeps them interested in the game.

As it is, this game is just a singleplayer experience with a MMO twist. Thats not good enough for most people.

Oh, and btw, i have TWO "decades-long" of "gamming experience".

Edited by ArlindoGMNeto

Lol funny you mentioned Rift.

I played SWTOR for like 2 months, leveled 2 toons to 50, geared them, did pretty much everything the game has to offer (for those 2 classes. i didn´t feel like playing like 5 alts over and over).

After those 2 months, guess what? I still have gametime left on SWTOR, but resubbed to Rift.

Oh how i regret the fact that i left Rift for SWTOR. Even funnier, there are entire guilds there that have left SWTOR and went back to Rift.

Check the Rift forums if you don´t believe me.

Don´t get me wrong, i like most of the games you mentioned. BW have some good games on their list. But this one unfortunatelly is not one of them.

I hope people have fun playing it, i really do. I myself had a good time playing it, but a MMO has to offer something to its players that keeps them interested in the game.

As it is, this game is just a singleplayer experience with a MMO twist. Thats not good enough for most people.

Oh, and btw, i have TWO "decades-long" of "gamming experience".

To each their own. I played RIFT from head-start until Beta Weekends for this game. Hell, I still have a sub to RIFT because I accidentally allowed them to charge me for another six months. Last time I logged into RIFT was December. And only after beta and Early Access for this game (which I got all days of), I just couldn't go back to a non-VO MMO.

Hey, if you like RIFT better, and a few players do, too ("few" in proportion to playerbase - TOR has twice the playerbase that RIFT does, and growing) then more power to ya.

Remember, GZ, DS, DD, and a few other BioWare devs have been saying for years now, "This MMO will definitely not be for everyone."

Personally, I have 2 characters at 50, 2 at 42, and the rest finished with Chapter One. I also have 3 characters on another server that is in their twenties. And I'm still having fun. Hell, my guild and I haven't even started HMs or Ops yet. So, we've got a long time in this game yet.

It's sad that people rush a couple characters to 50 in only 3 months, then complain there's nothing to do.... Especially since 2 characters at 50 is only 2 of the 8 unique class storylines. They are ALL very awesome storylines. You're seriously missing out, man.

*shrugs*

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Hey, if you like RIFT better, and a few players do, too ("few" in proportion to playerbase - TOR has twice the playerbase that RIFT does, and shrinking) then more power to ya.

There, i corrected it for you...

It's sad that people rush a couple characters to 50 in only 3 months, then complain there's nothing to do.... Especially since 2 characters at 50 is only 2 of the 8 unique class storylines. They are ALL very awesome storylines. You're seriously missing out, man.

*shrugs*

I didn´t rush anything. Im just fast at leveling.

As i always say: VO is nice and good, but this is a MMO. If i was looking for VO and awesome storylines, i´d stick with Mass Effect 2 which is way better than SWTOR.

People forget that we´re after a GOOD star wars multiplayer experience. VO is awesome and i´d vouch for it, if not for the lack of content, bugs, outdated graphics, bad class designs and so on.

Edited by ArlindoGMNeto