Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy is going to ruin PVP

ForceInfinity

CC is already retarded, let alone a jedi juggurnaut that can not only cc you to death but also pick up smuggler stun locking abilities. Retarded retarded retarded, and it begins.... SWTOR I am warning you that you will lose players because PVP will get out of control and since Guild Wars is coming and diablo 3 be careful what you do. I have had the game since DEC and legacy system is cool, I do not think it is a good idea at all to allow legacy abilities in PVP.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have read, unless they have changed it in the last PTR patch notes is, Legacy is not allowed in PVP. If you have information I don't then you should Post where you found it so I can read it for myself.

This thread is a great example of why you should research something before you post about it.

Exactly.. it's been been answered in Q&A, threads on the forums, guild summit etc. etc. and still people seem to miss it. Don't have any words for that to be honest.

Has anyone mentioned that they can't be used in PvP yet?

Because I wanted to be the first.

no, they havent mentioned that it cant be used in pvp yet.

but you've missed your chance to be the first, since i'm mentioning it now.

legacy abilities are tied to your heroic moment ability, requiring you to have an active companion.

this renders them inactive within warzones and ilum pvp zone.

if you happen to come across an enemy faction player elsewhere, it might be useable then. unless just being pvp flagged disables it too.

no, they havent mentioned that it cant be used in pvp yet.

but you've missed your chance to be the first, since i'm mentioning it now.

legacy abilities are tied to your heroic moment ability, requiring you to have an active companion.

this renders them inactive within warzones and ilum pvp zone.

if you happen to come across an enemy faction player elsewhere, it might be useable then. unless just being pvp flagged disables it too.

Why you gotta be like that? I called dibs. :c

And people say that Bioware doesn't listen to their customers. Because of this thread, they now plan on not allowing legacy abilities to be used in pvp.

... at least that's what I would have resoponded with.

Now that that is straightened up I'm also tired of people bringing companions in huttball.

It's so lame when some jugg friendly leaps to someone's companion up on the catwalk then charges at an enemy companion that they can't reposition. So OP

You realize that legacy abilities have a huge CD and aren't usable in PvP, right?

technically fighting in the open world is also pvp and you can have your companion out (well, except the left side of ilum)

so, they are usable in some pvp :-)

but that was already mentioned by kronomandar, however i was too lazy to read the second page before i made the post :)

Edited by FoxNemhauser

I think this is one of the posts the Bioware team said that they would have to read between the lines to get what the customer was *trying* to say. Which I think using simple Freudian principles reveals that the customer here really wants legacy abilities in PvP.

you can fight in the open world? how? I've been to those 'open world' pvp areas and all I ever see is a vendor on tat and some turret things on ilum.

One time on ilum though I did die, I was walking around the pvp area and my screen got covered with red names, I assume that was the empire. I dunno, never saw em outside of a warzone before and there weren't any other republic guys around to tell me what they saw, the other 4 republic players on my server were having dinner at that particular time.

CC is already retarded, let alone a jedi juggurnaut that can not only cc you to death but also pick up smuggler stun locking abilities. Retarded retarded retarded, and it begins.... SWTOR I am warning you that you will lose players because PVP will get out of control and since Guild Wars is coming and diablo 3 be careful what you do. I have had the game since DEC and legacy system is cool, I do not think it is a good idea at all to allow legacy abilities in PVP.

Not sure if srs or... ^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.