Side Speeders Removed From Game

S__T

You mean spawn zerging to defend a base and winning despite being 10 kills to 50? Because that's about the only way a weaker team can win. I've been on both sides of that and it's not funny for neither of the teams.

They should do something of a similar nature in voidstar to prevent spawn zerging and suiciding to defend the doors.

It's pretty funny when you're chain killing the guys as they drop down from speeders but still can't cap it. It's good before the 4 medal thing since it'll almost be enough to make up for the fact you lost the game, but with the 4 medal cap it's just silly to chain kill guys and still lose.

I've never seen anybody suicide defend two doors successfully. It's the attacker's fault that they put everyone on one door. If you have say 4 guys in each door as attacker, and the defenders are suicide defending, there's no way the respawn timer could work in this case.

Edited by Astarica

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible, pointless change. All it'll result in is every match being dominated by the better side who will then spawn camp the weaker side.

Result will be more unbalanced matches and less real territorial warfare.

What the.... am I reading this correctly? When the hell did Civil War become a WZ where the "bad" side actually stood a chance?

This will force people to defend and attack smarter, instead of a constant zerg rain FTW. If people can't cut the mustard then they need to keep practicing.

Good. Those were a bad idea anyway. People you just killed shouldn't be able to make it back within seconds.

agreed. they could have kept the side speeder if the time they need to travel would be at least as long as the normal ones. while the middle ones are doing a long circle around the battlefield the side speeder jsut went directly to the cannon.

but removing them is a good option too.

I don't particularly like this change but... Smuggle might actually be mildly useful now. Pick up the 2-piece PVP bonus for 20s duration and you can then sneak a team pretty close to a turret and jump it. Sure, I'd rather have 3 stealthers doing it naturally but the surprise of a pair of Troopers plus a Sawbones taking and holding it could be... interesting.

It certainly wouldn't be a standard strategy, but if you can't retake mid sending a 3-man team to take and hold right might still work as long as you have good healers on both turrets and don't need to hold it for more than a couple of minutes.

Definitely interesting.... My fear is though, that Alderaan will now just be a huge zerg-fest at the middle-point because it will be nearly impossible to hold another side than your "natural" side, which you can access without having to go thourgh the middle.

I really thought that the 3-second activation-time of the side-speeders was a step in the right direction. If they woudl'v made it like 5-8 Seconds, it would've been possible to recap the sides, without making the middle-point a necessity to win.

Definitely interesting.... My fear is though, that Alderaan will now just be a huge zerg-fest at the middle-point because it will be nearly impossible to hold another side than your "natural" side, which you can access without having to go thourgh the middle.

why? now getting to the side cannons takes similar time as getting to the middle one (maybe 2s longer). and aren't you able to defend the middle one?

I don't particularly like this change but... Smuggle might actually be mildly useful now. Pick up the 2-piece PVP bonus for 20s duration and you can then sneak a team pretty close to a turret and jump it. Sure, I'd rather have 3 stealthers doing it naturally but the surprise of a pair of Troopers plus a Sawbones taking and holding it could be... interesting.

oh, i didn't thought of this. actually you are right. this team stealth was till now always quite useless. at least now we get a use for it.

I usually drop down on my side and walk through the tunnel. It's safer and people don't really expect it. Easy way to avoid pulls and getting ganked when you drop down. Takes abit longer but you're essentially invisible until you come up the stairs.

Exactly, it's a great way to move undetected for the most part.

And to those saying the right won't be much use to grab, I always go after it with another person, 90% of the time we end up with left/right off the bat, even if we get zerged after, we typically end up with middle afterwards. If we don't get middle we still have to turrets which can be reinforced by having people move under the middle and calling out incs.

Excellent change!

Death to turtling!

How will it be a spawn camp? The campers gotta separate 4 + 4. So the ones being camped will have to win an equal team fight to get out of spawn.

There's also stealth.

Edited by muradi

Right. BW, please make it so the weaker side wins and the stronger side loses. It's annoying to lose to a better team.

I actually agree with the guy you quoted.

It distinguishes objective players from wannabe deathmatch players in the current system. This is opening things up to be a spawn camp situation for really bad composition teams - E.G. a PUG with no healers. Before, at least, they could steal a win if they played for the objectives and let the enemies stroke their epeens with glee.

Doesn't really bother me personally, but for the overall health of the warzone it's just removing one of the few things giving outgeared teams a chance if they played intelligently.

I think it removes a strategic aspect of the WZ. I think the side speeders were good, the problem was that they put you on the ground too quickly.

I can see organized games going something like 6 mid, 1 east, 1 west, with the E/W people being the strongest solo pvpers you have. Try to turtle a bit in the middle, steal both sides and then maybe tie people up and grab the middle if you lose a side.

PuG Alderaan will turn into Mid/Left, with each team slamming heads in the middle to assert dominance.

Makes stealth duos more valuable, they can cap a node from a single or duo defender very quickly.

Terrible, pointless change. All it'll result in is every match being dominated by the better side who will then spawn camp the weaker side.

You can't balance bad players to good players man.

I'm a bit confused about this. I thought Alderaan only had one drop off point (at least I always get dropped off in the same place). Where are these side speeders?

When your team holds one of the side turrets, a speeder appears on your dropship to take you straight there.

IDC. For the time being there isn't any point in pvping anyway once you've maxed 1000 of each comm, and after 1.2, we'll only have a 25% chance of getting this warzone once every hour or so with the new matchmaking system anyhow. :D

Pointless change, yet again showing they have no clue what they have been doing for the last 4 months, should have been done in beta.

Edited by Celebrus

This makes changing sides more fluid and possible. It also makes the center naturally stronger as you can react faster to your side being taken. BUT, it also makes it more powerful to pressure your opponents' natural side at the outset. This changes makes strategy (by way of cohesive movement) better.

As for getting camped at the drop off, they could just make it to where you can't get jumped to or pulled from the ledge. That area has a natual "kick" counter anyway so making it so that you can't be forced to sit there would be a good thing.

In objective based warzones, the team that focuses on the objective should be victorious, regardless of strength disparity.

I tend to agree that this change will make it so that the team that focuses on killing other players instead of objectives will have the advantage. However, until we actually get to see it in action it will be impossible to form a concrete determination of the status.

It's a terrible change because it means the better side will win?

Hmmm....

I usually drop down on my side and walk through the tunnel. It's safer and people don't really expect it. Easy way to avoid pulls and getting ganked when you drop down. Takes abit longer but you're essentially invisible until you come up the stairs.

I thought everyone did this. <.<

Why would you want to let the enemy team know you're going for the side node, and then give them all that time to prepare for you on top of it?