Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These disturbingly long queues are the fastest way to get me to NOT sign up for a subscription.... You'd better believe that if this continues, there's NO WAY IN HELL I'm signing up. Honestly?? I actually just saw a 1 hour and 55 minute wait time on one of the other servers!!! Seriously?!??! Anything over 5 minutes is ABSURD, and even THEN still mildly annoying... almost 2 hours is laughable... get your act together people.

Yes please.

Especially since my new laptop can play for 3 hours but today it dies after 5-15 minutes in game. Exactly like the Sunday after thanksgiving. And the queue is up to 900+ / an hour. So I get a few minutes to test if the driver made a difference and then an hour to retry.

Hour long queues are much, much, much worse when crashes or internet blips cost you another hour.

Yea seriously a grace period would be nice.

My computer shut down on me twice and I have a 1-2 hour que on "the swiftsure". I've spent nearly 6 hours in que between my 2 shutdowns and being disconnected while in que.

Mind you my computer boot up is like 30-45 seconds and then I am back in. So if there was just even a 2-3 minute grace that would be awesome.

A grace period for diconnecting is a necessity when queues are this long. First logged in today and was 1195 in the queue, meaning a 1.5 hour wait which ended up being about 2 hours. Before I even made it to the character screen, I get diconnected.

Upon joining the queue again, I'm now at 1348, and likely over 2 hours to wait again, without even a minute of play time.

This seems to have worked for me and no disconnects since i used this

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-2.0.2.0.html

Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a program which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

You will see reduced latency in many online games including Star Wars, World of Warcraft, Rift, Aion, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, and more

Edited by elumarom

Ridiculous...

Total wait time last time I crashed ended up being about an hour and 40 minutes. Played with no issues for a half hour or so, crashed again, got right back in. Crashed AGAIN less than a minute after.

Annnd back in queue I go. Wonderful. Really.

BUMP!! Sitting in an hour long que for the 3rd time today bc of random DC's. would love to see a grace period and more servers. I mean it's great that the server pops are up, but anything over like 5mins is just ridiculous. I love this game. but sometimes i ONLY have an hour to play. Cant do that while sitting in que for an hour +

LOL a grace period! you guys dont know how luck you are. I've been reading some of the issues while waiting to get a response about my continual disconnects. I cant even play the game i get disconnected after about a minute. I dream of getting stuck in an invisible wall or waiting in a queue or not being able to accept quests or getting horrible lag and some of the other many issues people have been experiencing.

Unfortunately my constant error 9000 means i haven't been able to play for two days and it doesn't look like i'll be playing this side of christmas and just to add insult to injury they disable the forum search function, i know other people are getting this error but searching for replies to thier posts or mine is impossible. I believe this was a pre-emptive disable.

Fixing the disconnects is the issue when they fix that you wont need a grace period.

I have crashed a few times on a full server with a error code (Client Crash). If i was smart i would have written it down, but in my haste to get back in i didn't. My Wife said she believes she saw error 9000 if that means anything but she wasn't sure. All The crashes there has been a 40 min plus wait time but i was always thrown in as 1 in queue and was in, in seconds. I would say i would crash less then one every 4 hours well tonight has been more frequent. more like every other hour. But Why I am Posting is that I agree that they need a longer buffer for DC's as Again I was in a Flashpoint 1/2 way to 3/4 done and boom client crash i hit log in from the DC within 10 seconds and i now have to wait 40 min and make my friends wait to complete that flashpoint as well.

I think there is one, but it doesn't work most of the time. My game crashes every 20-30 mins and I do get straight back in sometimes, but I also have to wait other times...and waiting in a 40 min queue to get back in sucks.

Of course you get back in "sometimes".. there isn't always a queue. It depends on how many people are on at the time.

LOL a grace period! you guys dont know how luck you are.

Fixing the disconnects is the issue when they fix that you wont need a grace period.

Are you serious? You're calling people "lucky" because they have a queue when you can't get one? Get over yourself. Also, fixing disconnects will not fix the need for grace periods. Queues will still be high and people will still have other issues that are not related to disconnects able to be solved by BW.

On that note.. I agree with what people have said already. I haven't personally (*knock on wood*) had any disconnect or other computer issues to need to wait in the queue more than once per day (unless by choice), but I think a grace period is absolutely necessary.