Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i already submitted this as a "bug" back in beta.

It is absolutely idiotic to expect people to wait through a two hour queue just to be disconnected and stuck right back in the queue.

If that continues then i will just be cancelling and will just check back to see if the game is playable in a few months.

I agree with this.

It's already sad to have a bad connection.

It's already irritating (even if understandible) to have queue.

But bad connection + queue = unplayable.

At the moment, for some reasons (maybe God don't want me to play SWTOR), my web connection make me disconnect (or have a huge lag) every 10 min at pike hour.

Then I'm back in the queue. And you know what? Sometimes I even disconnect in the queue which is very very irritating.

Well, yesterday, I started to play after midnight, cause before that, it was impossible.

So please, do something about that. I know that in the beta it was working! So you can do it! ;)

Edited by Elloa

I fully agree,

worst case scenario is when you are doing a flashpoint and randomly get disconnected,

if you play on server and land in the queue after that you basically finish with half way done flashpoint and no group.

We need queue immunity.

Since my thread on CS has been closed, I will move the contents here:-

So Bloodworthy has currently 1600+ people waiting to get in witha queues in the region of 1hour 30 - 2hours.

I know other servers have the same issue.

Still 3 days away from official launch, and this doesn't inspire confidence for what it will be like in a few days time.

Is anything being done for servers that are reporting as FULL. I guess people can still roll on them regardless, as smooth as this launch has been lag wise and server stability wise, this is still leaving a sour taste in the mouth.

I have also experienced this and had to wait over an hour to get back in after a random disconnect on Lettow.

However, it's not possible for them to do this at launch, the queues are already spiraling out of control. Imagine how much more terrible they would be with a 30 second grace period.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

You can agree all you like until they implement it. Then when you are stuck at the back of a 2k queue that has a 16 hour estimated wait time, you will come here and tell them to change it back.

Think first. Post second.

But... the game should not crash/disconnect in the first place....

I have 2 toons right now, one on Darth Bandon and one on Shadow Hand. Last night DB said there was a 20 minute wait, I log in and I am # 744 in queue. An hour and half later I get in. Someones idea of time is skewed. And as someone has already pointed out, this is only early release access. Whats gonna happen on the 20th? It will be anarchy cats and dogs living together! :0

I made a post about this same thing and then found this one. Grace periods only make sense for dc's. And as many people have pointed out, they are common if not expected in most other mmo's.

Granted I would rather there be no queue at all, but if I wait 2-3 hours to log into a server that Bioware assigned my guild to, then crash, don't make me wait another 2-3 hours!