April 3 Downtime = 1.2?

Hazado

What the dude above said:

Won't go live till after PAX (6th - 8th April) since they're showing it off there for people to try etc.

Also they will almost definitely post an annoucement about it saying like "This maintenance is for 1.2" and it'll most likely be an 8-hour one.

Realistically, my bet is on 17th, it could be 10th - but i doubt it. 17th or maybe even 24th, but lets hope for 17th ;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great so now we have to wait until the week of 4/9/2012 or even worse it could be 4/16/2012.

1.2 can't come fast enough. My guild is dying. Too many players are quitting. I haven't seen over 100 people on the fleet for over a month.

Seriously, hurry up.

Amen dude.

Well I am disappointed that the 1.2 update won't be out for the easter long weekend. It original was planned for March, and then Early April. But since they haven't announced when it is being release I don't expect it to even make early April.

There is literally no reason whatsoever to log on for many people, me included. There is currently *nothing* to do in-game if you already have the things you want to have. I will unlock *everything* apart from some species once 1.2 hits.

Should I level another species to 50 in the mean time? Just to delete it once the patch hits cause of the stupidly restrictive char slot number? Already have 1 char with rakata, 2 with columi/rakata, so pve is pointless at this point. Just genuinely curious what they expect people who have a lot of time on their hands to do, unsub?

HAHAH All you people saying hurry it up are a trip. You will be the first to complain when bugs hit live.. but hey it is live.. right?

I say take your time, get more 50s in there to test. I do not want a buggy patch on live. I know the 50s you have there have not tested everything (I have seen the posts about no queue pops for rated warzones). So please.. take as long as you need. But take it with more people!

Great so now we have to wait until the week of 4/9/2012 or even worse it could be 4/16/2012.

1.2 can't come fast enough. My guild is dying. Too many players are quitting. I haven't seen over 100 people on the fleet for over a month.

Seriously, hurry up.

I have to be honest with you. People who left the game already will probably just do the same thing a month or two after 1.2 hits for the same reasons. Most of you are waiting for the Messiah MMO game, and it is not going to come.

That is why you are next hoping for GW2 to be "that game", why you pinned so many irrational and delusional hopes on this game, and will continue to pin them to every "next big thing" until you realize that you are actually just burnt out on MMOs.

The good news is that there is a solution, but it requires a bit of modesty and self understanding to get to the point where you are willing to admit that you are part of the problem.

People need to stop looking for that game that will let them burn through content in a hypernonsensical race to the top of nowhereland and start enjoying MMOs for what they are. Either that, or find a genre that really is designed to support hypercompetitive gameplay...or well, just focus that energy into real life and you could be the next champion of the world.

Ask yourself...do I know what it takes to create an MMO...what it is developers put all this time and effort into? In answer, the obvious reality should strike you that a huge part of development is put towards creating huge, immersive environments that try and create the impression that we are existing as our characters in an alternate universe. Now ask yourself: would anyone bother doing all this if the point of the game were really to just attack the group content to see who could beat it faster than anyone else?

I think anyone with a couple of fairly functional brain cells would say "no".

I get it...beating raid content can be a rush. But unfortunately and especially in recent years, the MMO community seems to have come to view clearing raids as being much more difficult and prestigious than it really is. Even the very hardest of hard raids in the past ten years of MMO gaming should never have caused the insane overreaction and divisive posturing that has infected MMOs recently...and tbh destroyed a lot of gaming communities.

If we don't learn to slow down, and either be REAL MMO players or simply move on to genres where the whole POINT is to winwinwinwinwin like competitive FPS/RTS, we will NEVER be satisfied with MMOs. Their entire structure is designed for those who like to savor and play thoughtfully...not those hellbent on using it as a format to prove they can get from point A to point B the fastest.

I have to be honest with you. People who left the game already will probably just do the same thing a month or two after 1.2 hits for the same reasons. Most of you are waiting for the Messiah MMO game, and it is not going to come.

That is why you are next hoping for GW2 to be "that game", why you pinned so many irrational and delusional hopes on this game, and will continue to pin them to every "next big thing" until you realize that you are actually just burnt out on MMOs.

The good news is that there is a solution, but it requires a bit of modesty and self understanding to get to the point where you are willing to admit that you are part of the problem.

People need to stop looking for that game that will let them burn through content in a hypernonsensical race to the top of nowhereland and start enjoying MMOs for what they are. Either that, or find a genre that really is designed to support hypercompetitive gameplay...or well, just focus that energy into real life and you could be the next champion of the world.

Ask yourself...do I know what it takes to create an MMO...what it is developers put all this time and effort into? In answer, the obvious reality should strike you that a huge part of development is put towards creating huge, immersive environments that try and create the impression that we are existing as our characters in an alternate universe. Now ask yourself: would anyone bother doing all this if the point of the game were really to just attack the group content to see who could beat it faster than anyone else?

I get it...beating raid content can be a rush. But unfortunately and especially in recent years, the MMO community seems to have come to view clearing raids as being much more difficult and prestigious than it really is. Even the very hardest of hard raids in the past ten years of MMO gaming should never have caused the insane overreaction and divisive posturing that has infected MMOs recently...and tbh destroyed a lot of gaming communities.

If we don't learn to slow down, and either be REAL MMO players or simply move on to genres where the whole POINT is to winwinwinwinwin like competitive FPS/RTS, we will NEVER be satisfied with MMOs. Their entire structure is designed for those who like to savor and play thoughtfully...not those hellbent on using it as a format to prove they can get from point A to point B the fastest.

Amen, brother. Amen.

Edited by OnlyNameLeft

QFT.

/10char

Realistically, my bet is on 17th, it could be 10th - but i doubt it. 17th or maybe even 24th, but lets hope for 17th ;)

The 10th or 17th is probably the better business decision over the 24th, because most subs come due on the 20th and if it's pushed to after then, they will more than likely lose subs.

Probably not 1.2 tomorow. If 1.2 is on April 17 then that would be a crappy thing to do giving people only 3 days to play the new content then they have to resub. Getting tired of the games with this company. Best thing for them is to release 1.2 on April 10th and give people time to play the content and see the changes. Understand you are in it for profit but with no announcement of the 1.2 launch day people may leave and not come back... and I think we have lost to many people as it is.

not going to pay untell the 1.2 is out lol

not paying or not playing? Personally i have not really been playing since pvp gear is going to change so much. I log in to level up a toon but i may reroll that same class as a new species/combo so i am holding off on that.

Edited by kirorx