April 3 Downtime = 1.2?

Hazado

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, who cares if you actually get told about it? So full of yourselves that you believe you are owed every single speck of information. If they sat around answering your flood of questions and commenting every thread that gets put here you'd never see anything else get done.

Go back, play the game, and what will be will be.

HAHAH All you people saying hurry it up are a trip. You will be the first to complain when bugs hit live.. but hey it is live.. right?

I say take your time, get more 50s in there to test. I do not want a buggy patch on live. I know the 50s you have there have not tested everything (I have seen the posts about no queue pops for rated warzones). So please.. take as long as you need. But take it with more people!

No such thing as a buggless patch. Just fyi.

I have to be honest with you. People who left the game already will probably just do the same thing a month or two after 1.2 hits for the same reasons. Most of you are waiting for the Messiah MMO game, and it is not going to come.

That is why you are next hoping for GW2 to be "that game", why you pinned so many irrational and delusional hopes on this game, and will continue to pin them to every "next big thing" until you realize that you are actually just burnt out on MMOs.

The good news is that there is a solution, but it requires a bit of modesty and self understanding to get to the point where you are willing to admit that you are part of the problem.

People need to stop looking for that game that will let them burn through content in a hypernonsensical race to the top of nowhereland and start enjoying MMOs for what they are. Either that, or find a genre that really is designed to support hypercompetitive gameplay...or well, just focus that energy into real life and you could be the next champion of the world.

Ask yourself...do I know what it takes to create an MMO...what it is developers put all this time and effort into? In answer, the obvious reality should strike you that a huge part of development is put towards creating huge, immersive environments that try and create the impression that we are existing as our characters in an alternate universe. Now ask yourself: would anyone bother doing all this if the point of the game were really to just attack the group content to see who could beat it faster than anyone else?

I think anyone with a couple of fairly functional brain cells would say "no".

I get it...beating raid content can be a rush. But unfortunately and especially in recent years, the MMO community seems to have come to view clearing raids as being much more difficult and prestigious than it really is. Even the very hardest of hard raids in the past ten years of MMO gaming should never have caused the insane overreaction and divisive posturing that has infected MMOs recently...and tbh destroyed a lot of gaming communities.

If we don't learn to slow down, and either be REAL MMO players or simply move on to genres where the whole POINT is to winwinwinwinwin like competitive FPS/RTS, we will NEVER be satisfied with MMOs. Their entire structure is designed for those who like to savor and play thoughtfully...not those hellbent on using it as a format to prove they can get from point A to point B the fastest.

This guy gets it.

This guy gets it.

+1

I'm still happy with the game so far, I'll say what I've said all along. I'm sure Bioware will make a solid game, only time will tell if they can make a good MMO. The jury is still out..

I have to be honest with you. People who left the game already will probably just do the same thing a month or two after 1.2 hits for the same reasons. Most of you are waiting for the Messiah MMO game, and it is not going to come.

That is why you are next hoping for GW2 to be "that game", why you pinned so many irrational and delusional hopes on this game, and will continue to pin them to every "next big thing" until you realize that you are actually just burnt out on MMOs.

The good news is that there is a solution, but it requires a bit of modesty and self understanding to get to the point where you are willing to admit that you are part of the problem.

People need to stop looking for that game that will let them burn through content in a hypernonsensical race to the top of nowhereland and start enjoying MMOs for what they are. Either that, or find a genre that really is designed to support hypercompetitive gameplay...or well, just focus that energy into real life and you could be the next champion of the world.

Ask yourself...do I know what it takes to create an MMO...what it is developers put all this time and effort into? In answer, the obvious reality should strike you that a huge part of development is put towards creating huge, immersive environments that try and create the impression that we are existing as our characters in an alternate universe. Now ask yourself: would anyone bother doing all this if the point of the game were really to just attack the group content to see who could beat it faster than anyone else?

I get it...beating raid content can be a rush. But unfortunately and especially in recent years, the MMO community seems to have come to view clearing raids as being much more difficult and prestigious than it really is. Even the very hardest of hard raids in the past ten years of MMO gaming should never have caused the insane overreaction and divisive posturing that has infected MMOs recently...and tbh destroyed a lot of gaming communities.

If we don't learn to slow down, and either be REAL MMO players or simply move on to genres where the whole POINT is to winwinwinwinwin like competitive FPS/RTS, we will NEVER be satisfied with MMOs. Their entire structure is designed for those who like to savor and play thoughtfully...not those hellbent on using it as a format to prove they can get from point A to point B the fastest.

Yeah the new MMO that Blizz is working on....i can only think starcraft.....it will be the new messiah.

Yeah the new MMO that Blizz is working on....i can only think starcraft.....it will be the new messiah.

I thought I read somewhere that 'Project Titan' or whatever Blizzard is working on is going to be completely original and not based off of Starcraft or Diablo. I don't have the reference atm though.

Great so now we have to wait until the week of 4/9/2012 or even worse it could be 4/16/2012.

1.2 can't come fast enough. My guild is dying. Too many players are quitting. I haven't seen over 100 people on the fleet for over a month.

Seriously, hurry up.

same problem in our guild. we lost 9 ppl in last week

I thought I read somewhere that 'Project Titan' or whatever Blizzard is working on is going to be completely original and not based off of Starcraft or Diablo. I don't have the reference atm though.

sorry was just being smart alec

at the rate the servers seem to be emptying a smart move might be to have 1.2 rolled out before the game rebills again this month sith wyrm has halved on fleet between last billing cycle and before the fanbois make the leveling alts claim traveling round the planets there only have between 5 to 20 tops on most.

It may or may not be. Seems with the big-name mmo's, the only dates they set in stone are the expansion releases... when they're within a month of releasing.

Subject to change* is what I'm saying.

In my opinion? A week or two more maybe. Remember, this upcoming week is spring break; that could definitely affect who is playing at the time.

Again, Big-names don't announce specific patch dates... so when you're playing through the game you really have to learn the cycle of the developer. Though it has been feeling like 1.2 is over due.... ;)

IDK about that, WoW was always clear on when a maintenance was for implementing a patch, and they released patch notes a little before the patch came out rather than after.

Honestly the closer to May that 1.2 is released, the better...

The new raid is so small, that it will be downed in weeks, and people will hop right to TERA and D3...

People need to have content to last them well past May to avoid people jumping ship for the other stuff coming out.

I've been saying it for a while, and I'll still say it... This game needs it's "Ulduar" to bring people back to end game in droves... (Which keeps all the rest/casuals playing as well).

It needs a massive, difficult, time consuming end game raid with all the patch content built around it (ie. new end level questing zones, Dailies, FP gearing, etc) in order to keep people engaged for 4-6 months. Period.

All the rest is based off people sticking around.

Ah yes. GW2 WILL be that next game. The game that will eliminate the problems you speak of. It will have no endgame raiding.

That's right. The developers said they want their players to be "farming fun". It's one of the reasons they can get rid of the "holy trinity". And even though you can form groups, many that played the demos and beta claimed they found it unnecessary as you feel just being around other players forms a natural group. Everyone in a Dynamic Event is doing that same event. All fighting for the same cause, not just their own little solo quests. There's no more "shopping list" of quests to complete in an area; just run to an event on the map, and suddenly you're helping to fight off a dragon attacking the countryside.

Oh, and even though it's off-topic, did I mention they'll have server transfers right out of the box?

P.S. Yes, I'm a fanboy :D Proud of it.

Source: http://www.arena.net/blog/link-round-up-cbt3-edition

Edited by Toxen

I imagine it may be installation of soft elements for 1.2, ready to be brought live come official release.

Could be bug fixes, I ultimately have no idea and can't find any related patch notes at this point in time.

We will see.

Honestly the closer to May that 1.2 is released, the better...

The new raid is so small, that it will be downed in weeks, and people will hop right to TERA and D3...

People need to have content to last them well past May to avoid people jumping ship for the other stuff coming out.

I've been saying it for a while, and I'll still say it... This game needs it's "Ulduar" to bring people back to end game in droves... (Which keeps all the rest/casuals playing as well).

It needs a massive, difficult, time consuming end game raid with all the patch content built around it (ie. new end level questing zones, Dailies, FP gearing, etc) in order to keep people engaged for 4-6 months. Period.

All the rest is based off people sticking around.

That's exactly what SW:TOR needs.

Ulduar was the climax of WoW, the raid was exhilarating, gorgeous, ingenious, still amazing.

They had there chance, they could've implemented Denova as a whole big planet with the story line for the warfront and the operation, there were so many chances to do that.

But they don't. They confused everyone in January with saying, there will be a whole new planet - what the hag, there is no whole new planet in 1.2, it's just the place, where the OP and the BG are... wow.

For End-Game, 1.2 is very small. 4 bosses is ridiculously nothing. It's just a really bad joke.

Edited by LovarBoy

Ulduar was the climax of WoW, the raid was exhilarating, gorgeous, ingenious, still amazing.

They had there chance, they could've implemented Denova as a whole big planet with the story line for the warfront and the operation, there were so many chances to do that.

But they don't. They confused everyone in January with saying, there will be a whole new planet - what the hag, there is no whole new planet in 1.2, it's just the place, where the OP and the BG are... wow.

For End-Game, 1.2 is very small. 4 bosses is ridiculously nothing. It's just a really bad joke.

It just needs to provide enough shiney attention to TOR to retain any subscribers considering going towards GW2 or other things.

They've already written off the ones determined to switch from lack of content or other issues, so they just add as much as they can to retain the easily entertained.

It just needs to provide enough shiney attention to TOR to retain any subscribers considering going towards GW2 or other things.

They've already written off the ones determined to switch from lack of content or other issues, so they just add as much as they can to retain the easily entertained.

That... could be true! ;)

Got a news flash for you. Endgame is not the be all and end all of MMoRPG's. It's the epeen measuring festival that call of duty kids want to smash everything else down with.

Alot of us like the games progression, world, and storyline, and don't give a flippity dip stick about what happens in the nerd rage world of raiding, so stop thinking the galaxy revolves around your small minded opinion of what a game should be.

Got a news flash for you. Endgame is not the be all and end all of MMoRPG's. It's the epeen measuring festival that call of duty kids want to smash everything else down with.

Alot of us like the games progression, world, and storyline, and don't give a flippity dip stick about what happens in the nerd rage world of raiding, so stop thinking the galaxy revolves around your small minded opinion of what a game should be.

Okay.

So, what's endgame for you? Leveling an unending number of twinks?

SW:TOR has nothing, really nothing as (PvE) end-content but raiding. And dailies...

No quests, no story, no different PvE. It's raiding or doing flashpoints.

There are two options for PvE-players:

* Raiding

* Creating an insane number of twinks and doing the same stuff over and over again

So, if someone really dislikes playing alternative chars... what's left?

Edited by LovarBoy

Im pretty sure its not 'a lot of us' as the vast mojority of people require a carrot on the end of their stick.

Endgame is raiding, as that motivates people to go out and do other things to enable them to raid, course there pvp but thats so poor atm. Make an alt is about the only other thing to do and thats not endgame.

' games progression, world, and storyline,' are all part of the leveling process, i bet the amouth of people who would do those things if it wasnt making a number go up would be very low.

Edited by da_krall