FOTM classes in order

Ravenolf

To be clear, this isn't a list of OP classes. This is a list of the most abundant classes seen in lv 50 warzones over time since launch.

1. Sorcerers/Sages

2. Sents/Maras (flash in the pan)

3. Bounty Hunters/Troopers (One button game play)

3. Guardians/Juggernauts (Everyone, look at my crit!)

Next in line post 1.2....

4. Sents/Maras (with the attention given in the forums, there has to be a lot coming)

5. Shadows/Assasins (What the current Sents/Maras will role once nerfed)

6. Gunslinger/Sniper (the best kept secret right now)

Honorable mention: Agents/Scrappers were OP at the beginning, true, but there never seemed to be a lot of them.

I know this varies by server. Please don't post the class breakdown from guild summit. That was all characters, not level 50 pvpers.

Now fix my list, darnit!

Edited by Ravenolf

Cool, you listed 75% of the available classes.

Yep, and 100% will be the FOTM eventually like every other MMO. This is what I see as the trend so far. Was wondering if that is true on other servers.

There is no such thing as class balance, only management of the FOTM cycle.

Edited by Ravenolf

1. Sorcerers/Sages

Next in line....

4. Sents/Maras (with the attention given in the forums, there has to be a lot coming)

Honorable mention: Agents/Scrappers were OP at the beginning, true, but there never seemed to be a lot of them.

I know this varies by server. Please don't post the class breakdown from guild summit. That was all characters, not level 50 pvpers.

Now fix my list, darnit!

Since when was a pyro merc a 1 button spec? lol

please don't lump gunnery commandos with bh mercs. there's not that many gunnery commandos.

just because one side is rolling heavy doesnt mean the otherside is. in warzones, i'm probably the only gunnery commando.

I'm seeing at least 2-3 sith assassins and a few powertechs each game. i rarely see arsenal mercs anymore.

Please right now almost everyone is rolling Sent/Maras. I have a 66 level Sent, and every match on my server has half of it as sents. Now I have to reroll because we have zero healers in matchs now since they all made sents/maras.

And they'll all go back once they realize it takes more skill than the other classes. (note, it doesn't take much skill, just more than others)

I find 6 funny as hell

The most underpowered class in the game and I am sure everyone would agree is gs/snipers

They arent a secret because they arent an issue

I dont blame them as players for the class they just simply dont have the tools

Their damage type needs to be changed. No idea why isnt isnt the same the bullet fire is of the same material as a lightsaber

And they'll all go back once they realize it takes more skill than the other classes. (note, it doesn't take much skill, just more than others)

Wrong, seems on my server they are just bad and keep playing it. I have seen so many WZs against decent teams where its me, then the rest of the team like 80k + below my dps. Its boring and now I am usually FFed cause I am considered dangerous so I get the melee trains all the time.

Obviously he means Commando/Mercenary with Tracer/Grav spam.

Though I'm surprised Pyro isn't on the list

I know, but when people say, well BH are *this*, it kind of bugs me. Well, ok, was it a Merc or Powertech. Then was it healing, tanking or DPSing? Now, what did they do more specifically so we can nail down the spec. lol

Please right now almost everyone is rolling Sent/Maras. I have a 66 level Sent, and every match on my server has half of it as sents. Now I have to reroll because we have zero healers in matchs now since they all made sents/maras.

^This. Snipers/GS have gone up and so have mara/sents. I can't get a freaking heal anymore, so now I am re-rolling a healer. I just have to decide which one between Operative and Sorcerer and it's a tough choice with the 1.2 changes in mind.

Sorc has more utility, but I think Ops will come out as the better healers. Anyone have any insight to this that I may have missed?

I know, but when people say, well BH are *this*, it kind of bugs me. Well, ok, was it a Merc or Powertech. Then was it healing, tanking or DPSing? Now, what did they do more specifically so we can nail down the spec. lol

You are right. Sorry for not being specific. I was talking about the tracer/grav spam.

I find 6 funny as hell

The most underpowered class in the game and I am sure everyone would agree is gs/snipers

They arent a secret because they arent an issue

I dont blame them as players for the class they just simply dont have the tools

Their damage type needs to be changed. No idea why isnt isnt the same the bullet fire is of the same material as a lightsaber

I am not saying snipers are FOTM yet. 4, 5, and 6 are all guesses for what the trends will be after patch 1.2. I think you have crazy good players that are playing snipers/gunslingers, and eventually they will get some love. Then people are going to look at those really good pvpers, call OP, and roll one. Some folks have already called out that Sents/Mara pop explosions have already happened. I just haven't seen it yet on my server (Shadowlands) I expect they are still leveling up.

To be clear, I am not saying people that are playing FORM classes aren't good pvpers. It is natural to see these pop spikes.

Edited by Ravenolf

Nobody wants to play food for sents. Being a healer in a WZ full of melees is a truly awful gameplay experience.

Edited by Caelrie

1. Sorcerers/Sages

Next in line....

Now fix my list, darnit!

OP is a tool.

Edited by Celebrus

Don't lump entire classes together with your QQ. Tracer Missile/Grav Round spammers are a single spec, out of many. And don't blame the players, they're merely trying to maximize their potential, which unfortunately is limited by BioWare's shortsightedness.