The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I love SWTOR

Nebachadnezzer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had the right attitude, no high expections, no day dreaming about playing the game to find out it did not play the way it did in your dreams. I see so many posts how people had high expections and now in the forums raging because the game did not live up to those HIGH expections, and thing is no matter how good the game it could never live up to them, i see the same thing happening to GW2 and Diablo3. I learned along time ago high expections will kill your gaming fun faster than lost internet connection. I told myself another Star Wars game oh joy, and expected nothing, now I am having a blast in the game.

i am one of them who did set the bar to high, but i still like the game and 1.2 is with out a doubt a step in the right direction(adding more dailys is the only minus in 1.2 for me) i was hopeing for a bit bigger and time comsumeing operation, but will so many great things comeing in 1.2 i can live with it.

I cant help it. Tried not to. I actually planned to hate it. Now, 4 months in, I cant wait to get home and play. Curses!

Wish my wife would hit 50....

Growing up with the SW universe since the first movie and through all the years, me and my brother are jedi's together. We are leveling our first set of alts as a team.

We're having a blast.

I cant help it. Tried not to. I actually planned to hate it. Now, 4 months in, I cant wait to get home and play. Curses!

Wish my wife would hit 50....

It will come faster then you think, and then you will cry shes not 20 ;-)

I like the game too, but hate BW for all shortcuts they made.

Edited by Satanski

Oh same here! This game is great. Just don't read general Dissusion.

Re-name to: Complaints of the whiners who throw tantrums.

As well as Fanbois who will throw just as big a tantrum if anyone has a valid issue.

Edited by thegimble

You had the right attitude, no high expections, no day dreaming about playing the game to find out it did not play the way it did in your dreams. I see so many posts how people had high expections and now in the forums raging because the game did not live up to those HIGH expections, and thing is no matter how good the game it could never live up to them, i see the same thing happening to GW2 and Diablo3. I learned along time ago high expections will kill your gaming fun faster than lost internet connection. I told myself another Star Wars game oh joy, and expected nothing, now I am having a blast in the game.

Stop assuming people who dislike the game, set thei expectations too high. Expectations for me were extremely reasonable and only exceeded when BioWare made comments like "the biggest MMO in history", "1.2 will be the largest patch in MMO history".

Sorry, the claims that were made about the game were ridiculous and despite what the community said in months of beta testing, we were all ignored. End game was unplayable until recently and then there were issues of difficulty. Nevertheless, there was still little effort or focus put towards end game and the "save all" patch is dedicated to solo play.

The prioritization within development is incredible skewed and with other more complete titles that directly compete with SWTOR, people aren't setting expectations, they are comparing it to its counterpart.

It is hard to get excited about a game when implementations that are put on hold and vaguely discussed are already in more popular games. Not to mention the content in those titles that are also in SWTOR are better executed and polished.

SWTOR has two things that they did right. Its Star Wars and it has a fun leveling system. Unfortunately, those are the only things done different as well. They refuse to copy successful priorities such as end game content development over all but implement similarities such as talent systems and other dated features.

Also, do not say "don't copy SWTOR to a game that has years of development". Because if SWTOR doesn't want to innovate, then it is going to compared to what is similar. But even comparing SWTOR to Vanilla WoW, it still lacks incredibly. Lets not forget that the 7 year old game had incredibly engaging end game and raiding in Vanilla.

It is sad, because I really want to love this game. I protected it against every person who acted as I am now, but after the hype they created over 1.2 and the joke that it has become, I just can't fight it anymore. MOP alone has triple the content SWTOR vanilla has and critics/reviewers are saying it is the BEST expansion Blizzard has EVER done. It is also the most exciting and innovative they have seen from ANY game. These are critics and press saying this, this isn't Blizzard making these claims. Also, at least Blizzard stated not to raise expectations as high as it seems for Diablo 3. Their community interaction far surpasses BioWare and their attitude towards executing what is suggested by the community does as well.

Like I said, I wanted to love this game. It took me a while to realize it, but the simple fact remains true.

If this game wasn't Star Wars--no one would play.

Edited by Starglide

That's just not true. Every mmo, regardless of the state of it has had a dedicated core base that plays it until the bitter end. Only time can tell if this was successful or not. There are plenty of other threads to voice negative opinions, let the optimistic people have one for once.

Thats a bummer for you Starglide. I am simply not havign that experiance. I am willing to admit some people are having your experiance. One of my friends who I thought sure woudl lvoe this game actually doesnt like it and quit. It was sad, but it happens. When I played wow he loved it and we played together, but one of my toher good freinds played it and quit because he just coudlnt get into it. that sucked too. He loves SWTOR and we are having a great time.

I just really enjoy it. I have a level 50 Bh and a level 50 scoundrel and am haveing a blast at level 50. I will probably make more alts after 1.2 using the new legacy system. Some people seem to have nothing to do. i dont know what to say to that. Its not the experiance I am having. I dont seem to have enough time to get things done that i want to do before my wife kicks me off for playing too long. anyway, sorry guy. I hope 1.2 makes the game better for ya.

My wife and I enjoy SWTOR so much. When we read some of the whining comments in the forum, it reminds us of some of our relatives and coworkers. Some people, no matter what you do or try, they'll keep complaining. It's in their DNA I guess... I mean, sometimes they put so much energy to hate or bash something, it's borderline insane or pathetic!

I swear, if I pass too much time in the swtor forum, I become so depressed hahaha! Alright, time to go back to SWTOR! Have fun all! :jawa_wink:

You and me both, I'm playing 8 different characters already and she just finally got off Coruscant =P

Ya, this game seriously encourages alt-itis. For some reason I even want to make a Jedi Sage character even though I have a Sith Sorcerer. I don't know why but i do.

The haters can't even let one thread stay positive for long.

:(

Remember, "/ignore" is your friend, and it works on the forums as well as the game. Just right-click on the portrait.

It's reduced my blood pressure an amazing amount.