"Resolve is broken" challenge

Kaarsa

Resolve isn't broken.

If you trinket out before you have full resolve, you get stunned again. If you don't, you die a few second after the stun wears off because you cannot defend yourself against 4 attackers while you are stunned.

It is a VERY RARE event that I get FULL Resolve, can trinket out, and live.

If I'm focused by the enemy team enough to get 'full resolve' then I'm going to die, plain and simple.

It's not as if the 4 players targeting me are going to suddenly change their minds and decide to kill someone else instead.

Resolve works, it just doesn't matter.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's broken in my opinion.

I, play 3 different professions with 4 characters and from 4 different trees.

I, have 4 different ways of viewing it and it's broken for certain.

Unable to grapple , Lockdown , Stun , Force Choke & etc. Targets.

Resolve isn't broken.

If you trinket out before you have full resolve, you get stunned again. If you don't, you die a few second after the stun wears off because you cannot defend yourself against 4 attackers while you are stunned.

It is a VERY RARE event that I get FULL Resolve, can trinket out, and live.

If I'm focused by the enemy team enough to get 'full resolve' then I'm going to die, plain and simple.

It's not as if the 4 players targeting me are going to suddenly change their minds and decide to kill someone else instead.

Resolve works, it just doesn't matter.

Yea, this is my experience more often than not (Sab speced GS). By the time the resolve bar is full and I can pop my release, I've been beat on so much my health is down to 10% or less, and if I'm not dead on the next hit, the odds are pretty good I won't get very far either.

I know broken isn't the correct term for resolve, but it needs some serious fixing. I know how it works, and when I go through 3 full resolve cycles, and make it halfway from the end of my ramp, to the start of theirs... Full roots and slows so I still cant move while resolve ticks down? Can we at least get DR on those if you wont add them to the resolve? Yeah, I know I could have passed, but I fail to see what the difference is from me being cc'd compared to another guy being cc'd so I wont accept that point. I didn't like huttball for awhile, then it became my favorite game, and now I hate it again, impossible to move unless you have a handful of sorcs to jerk you around.

PvP is not about Crowd control, first and foremost the Game doesn't even have Collision Detection which means this is a Hat game. It's a new term for Hug a tree players vs player.

So this game is not for the tactical and good PvP players. a mmorpg that focuses on PvP needs to have Collision Detection.

But to get Stunned, imobilized, zapped, stunned all the time is getting annoying, and from what i can tell alot of people agree. It's not good, it's just plain broken.

And do you really this game could handle something like fraps? What kind of super computer do you need for that to happen? If it can't handle something easy like 30vs30. Fraps aint going to happen.

And why on earth would people post a video to a random dude who thinks he works for BW? Please... I sure hope NOBODY did. You are random, BW is not. And i'm sure they know about it, and i sure hope they have some fixes coming soon.

Does it happen all the time? Nope, but 4-5 times during 2 hour period is 4-5 times too much. Something like getting CC to death should NEVER happen, if this game indeed offers PvP, not Hat.

PvP is not about Crowd control, first and foremost the Game doesn't even have Collision Detection which means this is a Hat game. It's a new term for Hug a tree players vs player.

So this game is not for the tactical and good PvP players. a mmorpg that focuses on PvP needs to have Collision Detection.

But to get Stunned, imobilized, zapped, stunned all the time is getting annoying, and from what i can tell alot of people agree. It's not good, it's just plain broken.

And do you really this game could handle something like fraps? What kind of super computer do you need for that to happen? If it can't handle something easy like 30vs30. Fraps aint going to happen.

And why on earth would people post a video to a random dude who thinks he works for BW? Please... I sure hope NOBODY did. You are random, BW is not. And i'm sure they know about it, and i sure hope they have some fixes coming soon.

Does it happen all the time? Nope, but 4-5 times during 2 hour period is 4-5 times too much. Something like getting CC to death should NEVER happen, if this game indeed offers PvP, not Hat.

A) LOL you saying what "real" pvp is. Where I come from (DAoC), how you use CC makes or breaks your team. So, for me, REAL PvP is CC. Also, Hat? LoL.

B) "Do you really think this game could handle Fraps?" Do you really not notice people posting streams/youtube vids all the time here?

Eh, resolve should build up while you're in CC, and break instantly as soon as you're at full resolve. Get stunned for four seconds, slowly build over the four seconds to 800/1000, get stunned for another four seconds, it breaks after one. Mezzed maybe 150 per second, knockbacks etc.. 300 per as you have to account for the displacement aswell as the period where you cant do anything.

I would have to agree that something is broken with resolve, I get stunned multiple times have a full resolve bar and still get stunned. I try to stun someone who has no resolve and it fails to land alot.

Please, can you learn how resolve works between posting anything about it?

Resolve value is applied fully to the target in moment of being affected by CC effect, ie. you are hit by 8 sec mez, you get 800 resolve, even if it will be broken a second later.

4sec stun + 4 sec stun = full resolve, you cannot be affected by another stun until it go down to zero.

From sticky guide:

Resolve, Crowd Control (CC) and You

Even when the bar does fill up, the immunity doesn't matter until the cc that filled one's bar wears off.

You can be affected by another stun until second 4 sec stun wears off. So, it is possible to be stunlocked for 11.99 seconds.

Edited by charoi

Only CC that is not a part of resolve system is root and slow. Can you even imagine how this game would look if roots and slows would fill resolve systm?It would be unplayable.

And BTW, a lot of people say "resolve is bugged becuse I was stunned 3 times in the row"

Video please.

Oh I doubt it would look much worse than a game where every class has a freaking redonk amount of control methods. Its toooooooo much. If you're not stunned, you're slowed, rooted. If not that then you are being KB'd and slowed or rooted. If that's not going on, you are being stunned. Maybe after that you have a full resolve bar but sometimes you don't. Sometimes you have just enough left for someone to throw a 60 sec CC on you so you can sit and twirl for a minute. Once that breaks you are slowed and rooted by more people.

I dont think resolve is broken, I just think it is a feeble attempt. I realize all the CC is needed for PvE because obvioulsy BW wants some classes to be able to solo (+ 1 companion) most 4 man heroics. Too bad it makes PVP an unnecessary cluster bomb. Get rid of most CC abilities for PvP and get rid of resolve. Make them like the attack abilities of Pommel Strike and the like, PvE only.

majority of complaints I see about resolve are not accurate, lol

How are you chain stunned to only half resolve and dying in that timeframe? So you died to ONE stun? in 4 seconds? That's 2 globals and change - sorry, you were gonna die anyway.

I know resolve works the way it was intended, but that doesn't mean that I like it. More often than not I am stuck at the respawn with my white bar just starting to run down which makes me rage face at the mechanic for a few minutes until I can abuse it on someone else. Then the stress is relieved until it happens again.

Post a vid of it working fine. Show that you are prepared to go to the same effort as you are asking of others.

Once I understood how it works I have never seen it not work as intended. Stuns, Saps, Mez, Fear.... anything that straight prevents you from controlling your character fills up the resolve bar... even knockbacks. Once the bar fills the only thing that can still effect you is roots and snares.

That doesn't mean that you have to like how it works, but if there was just a sliver left to fill your resolve bar and you get hit with that last stun then you will sit there the duration if your CC break is down. More than likely if your resolve bar was that close to full then you had multiple people on you anyway and your death was coming regardless.

It just sucks to respawn with the bar just starting to cooldown and I think that is the issue that most people have with the mechanic.

Once I understood how it works I have never seen it not work as intended. Stuns, Saps, Mez, Fear.... anything that straight prevents you from controlling your character fills up the resolve bar... even knockbacks. Once the bar fills the only thing that can still effect you is roots and snares.

I'm not saying it's not working, but to ask people to go to a lot of effort, and then smugly sit back claiming victory when no-one does it is a cheap way of making a point, and I'm sure the OP knows it.

When the OP downloads fraps, installs it, makes a clip of resolve working fine, edits the clip, renders it, uploads it and links it here, then he can issue the challenge to others.

Edited by WildcardHatesYou

Post a vid of it working fine. Show that you are prepared to go to the same effort as you are asking of others.

Are you serious? This is your reply, are you 5 years old? You people are the ones that say resolve is broken hence you should try to bring arguments to endorse that. More so, there are hundreds of videos already on the internet, don't work yourself to death, just watch a few of them and find a representation of what you claim.

I'm not the one whining around here and , sorry to say that, I don't believe your stories unless you come with a proof other then your scouts honor.

Don't get me wrong, I don't say that resolve system works as you expect it to work, I say "IT WORKS AS INTENDED." :cool:

You people are the ones that say resolve is broken hence...

Am I? Care to quote me saying that?

Like I said just 2 posts above:

I'm not saying it's not working, but to ask people to go to a lot of effort, and then smugly sit back claiming victory when no-one does it is a cheap way of making a point, and I'm sure the OP knows it.

When the OP downloads fraps, installs it, makes a clip of resolve working fine, edits the clip, renders it, uploads it and links it here, then he can issue the challenge to others.

Go to the effort you are asking others to go to or your challenge is nothing but a cheap gimmick.

People use to run their mouths like windmills. When you call upon them to stop, they scream "censorship". When you ask for proof they scream "diversion".

Hmm, guess I lost another internet argument. Poor me.;)

Go to the effort you are asking others to go to or your challenge is nothing but a cheap gimmick.

I really can't put it simpler.

Off you go.

Resolve may very well be "working as intended", but it works for absolute **edit**!

I don't care if it's a root, dizzy, knockdown, knock back, twirly, stun, root, pull, push, slow or whatever else there is...if I have a FULL resolve and pop my snare break, NONE of them should effect me. NONE! And ALL should contribute TOWARDS my flippin resolve.

Resolve, as it is, is ridiculous.

This sums it up. Snare break should give an immunity to CC for X amount of time. There is no point to a snare/CC break if I burn it and just get CC'd again.

This sums it up. Snare break should give an immunity to CC for X amount of time. There is no point to a snare/CC break if I burn it and just get CC'd again.

I think the reason that roots and snares are not on the resolve immunity is because it's too easy to get your bar filled and then be immune so you can score in huttball. People that know snares/roots aren't affected can still prevent a score or at least have a chance to prevent it. If you are completely immune to everything then good luck stopping any sorcerer or assassin.... not like they need help scoring anyway.

I have to agree with the OP though. BioWare has stated it works. Many players have stated how it works. There is even a guide to how it works stickied at the top of the PvP forums.

The burden of proof is on the people claiming it is broken.

Link to the Resolve guide sticky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.