forum join date

Bobinstein

I knew about this game for a long time before i joined here.. even read the forums a bit but never joined since it was so long before the game would come out...

had i known now that my epeen and percieved status on these forums would be in direct relation to my join date i would have signed up as soon as i could :rolleyes:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about it on the Eve forums and eventually got around to signing up. I have been waiting for this since KOTOR2.

While I am disappointed in some areas (space!) I am having fun with what it is enough to keep me around to see what they do with it.

the game came out in december. i know the Beta came out a little while before that but im not sure how long. but im seeing people with join dates in 2009 and earlier.

so uhh.... whats the deal?

heh. as people already said, the forums have been around for a while. I don't know why others joined so early... I know I joined 'only' in '10 because back then they first claimed that people who signed up could join for beta even from Europe. they lied, they still didn't let Europeans in back then, but oh well :rolleyes:

I definitely remember first checking out this website shortly after the game's name was officially announced

Edited by amnie

How about when they said they wouldn't do the comic two Fridays in a row, then they did. Oh, the outrage! Good times.

The forum would be all like ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻.

That was when you went to the OT and enjoyed whatever fun science/sports/food thread was trending that afternoon. I remember when we even had the "OT Elections" in November 2010 to coincide with Congressional Midterm Elections.

the game came out in december. i know the Beta came out a little while before that but im not sure how long. but im seeing people with join dates in 2009 and earlier.

Some joined the website the moment it became online to discuss the epicness of Star Wars. I found out too late and only joined 2010. :o

Edited by Kirameki

"NO! It's not going to be an mmo, it's kotor 3..."

funny thing is, i was on the wrong side of the argument.

yet ironically, here i am, playing this game while he doesn't.

edit:

Oddly enough they were right!

Swtor is kotor 3 with a smig of mmo.

guess that's the reason then huh. :o

Edited by Wesgile

Lot of us joined when the original version of forums opened. They were a much more happier place, far less trolls.

Oddly enough they were right!

Swtor is kotor 3 with a smig of mmo.

Funny thing is, most of the doomcriers were right.

- Game was more SP than MMO, grouping is limited and seems almost like an afterthought.

- Game plays almost exactly like WoW in Space

- Game was not even close to a "WoW" killer

- Only 20% or so of the "story" is class specific (Fanboys were insistent that there were 400 hours of unique story per class)

- Game play is very much on rails, "zones" are really just large corridors, no variation in questing.

- World PvP is almost nonexistent

- Gear looks terrible

The game only lived up to the expectations of those that were expecting a disaster, or those that wanted primarily a single-player game with some co-op.

Funny thing is, most of the doomcriers were right.

- Game was more SP than MMO, grouping is limited and seems almost like an afterthought.

- Game plays almost exactly like WoW in Space

- Game was not even close to a "WoW" killer

- Only 20% or so of the "story" is class specific (Fanboys were insistent that there were 400 hours of unique story per class)

- Game play is very much on rails, "zones" are really just large corridors, no variation in questing.

- World PvP is almost nonexistent

- Gear looks terrible

The game only lived up to the expectations of those that were expecting a disaster, or those that wanted primarily a single-player game with some co-op.

you have known this for a couple of months now and yet you are still able to post here. funny, that is :)

There must be a whole lot of disappointment out there, 4-5 years build up time ......Or frustration maybe ..... I expected more, and also expected lessons learned eslewhere to be applied.

Nothing could be further from the truth actually.

Most of us who have been here for a while tend to be way more rational in our approach to the features of the game because we got our disappointment out and voiced our opinions (whether they listened or not) during the development process.

Most of the "old timers" knew exactly what they were getting on release day because we were actively debating the features months before.

You won't find many posts from 2008-2009 folks wailing and gnashing their teeth over space combat on rails or no swimming, etc. because we already did that, months before and most of us did it in an adult and reasonable manner.

I personally have been posting on a daily basis since 2009 without a single infraction and I have had a lot to complain about, particularly pre-release.