The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

More exaggerationa and hyperbole.

Sorry pal, but the servers I play on (as I said earlier) are Standard at prime time and are plenty active, healthy GTN economies, and lots of activity around the galaxy.

im on basilisk droid an eu server the population is reasonable at primetime but my guild has gone from 50 active players to 5. Also my sales on the gtn have dropped from 10 sales a day to 2 or 3. A couple of players in my guild have re-rolled on tomb of freedom nadd server which is always full at primetime. The suggestion that we are just making this up is laughable .

You could put it down to mass effect 3, pre-patch burnout or ppl just waitng for 1.2. After the boost of 1.2 numbers will return to their current levels round about when diablo 3 comes out.. I could re-roll on freedom nadd but i haave 8 toons with my bh merc main nearly at battlemaster and biochem maxxed out and other professions at 200-300.

servers transfer need to implemented asap because if we had them server populations wouldn't be an issue i could just move. I'm trying not be negative about this because i love this game and want it to succeed.

it looks are like you picked the right server to be on and im happy for you but the majority of the playerbase wasn't as lucky as you. It seems like you are insulting us by saying that everything is fine where i am so we must be lying about low popullation. I realise this a strong opinion but it only the correct response to your statement.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks are like you picked the right server to be on and im happy for you but the majority of the playerbase wasn't as lucky as you. It seems like you are insulting us by saying that everything is fine where i am so we must be lying about low popullation. I realise this a strong opinion but it only the correct response to your statement.

This, oh yes this!

This is not an issue on all servers however it is an issue on some. Just out of curiosity I logged into the server that was at the bottom of the list now mind you this was at 1:36am(Saturday) central time but still, there were only 50 people on the server. That is not good at all no matter how you wish to spin it.

More exaggerationa and hyperbole.

Sorry pal, but the servers I play on (as I said earlier) are Standard at prime time and are plenty active, healthy GTN economies, and lots of activity around the galaxy.

Roughly 25 percent of the North American servers are experiencing extreme attrition due to low population. If these servers are not merged, these particular servers (not yours, obviously) will become unplayable for anything but solo questing. Most people purchase MMOs so they can raid or PVP with other people, so I'm sure you can appreciate why the people on the light population servers feel cheated.

To the guy who said BioWare wouldn't miss our subscriptions: maybe you should run that past the CFO first.

Edited by Notannos
accusation of trolling, no warning

I recently re-subbed after taking a month and a half off and when I had left the imperial fleet would have at least 150 people on there and the republic side would be roughly half that number. Now I go on there and there is around 90 on Imp and 35 and republic. That's on the server Mask of Nihilus. Obviously it will be different on other servers and my numbers are simply what I have seen the past few nights I've started playing again.

I'm sure numbers will go back up with 1.2 but from my personal experience the population has dropped a fair amount in the past couple of months.

I recently re-subbed after taking a month and a half off and when I had left the imperial fleet would have at least 150 people on there and the republic side would be roughly half that number. Now I go on there and there is around 90 on Imp and 35 and republic. That's on the server Mask of Nihilus. Obviously it will be different on other servers and my numbers are simply what I have seen the past few nights I've started playing again.

I'm sure numbers will go back up with 1.2 but from my personal experience the population has dropped a fair amount in the past couple of months.

I am also on Mask of Nihilus and have noticed the drop, though the imp fleet usually has 120 at prime time on weekends and 50-65 on republic its in sharp contrast to the usual 70-80 republic and sometimes 200 on the Imp fleet just a couple months ago.

Same thing happening to me. Playing from beginning, first server Trayus Academy. At start it was a lot of people, 200+ at evening, it was rather easy to find somebody to play with. But then it declined, people left, got bored who knows, I couldn't play for a month, when I returned it was :eek:. Then friends from WoW called me to Dark side on Luca Sene. Same thing, server was dead the minute I got there, played for couple of days and realised it is not worth it. Now I'm on Ravager and feeling is the same. Can't do anything that includes people. Yeah, I like quests, they are great, this game has the best leveling from any other MMORPG's, but I want do to some FP, PVP, antyhing. One at day, at least, don't have time for more anyway.

Only solution I found is that i reroll on other server - Tomb of Freedom Nadd. Only one who is heavy at night in Europe. Problem is I really like this vanguard I created, don't want to leave him here, but if I want to play I don't see any other choice :confused: I can reinstall KOTOR and play with Revan again and again if I want just questing...

They need to merge servers. I would like LFG tools as well beause 90% of players are casuals who can't be ingame all day, they come at night, get one part of gear in instance and they will return tomorow for another. This way they won't be playing, no point for them if they can't do what is most important thing in mmorpg. Leveling is fun but getting new gear is even better.

Best case scenario is 1/2 the servers are on the high end of Standard and up.

How in the world is that healthy for a game so young?

There shouldn't be any dead servers, bioware should take measures to help those people.

Just because you picked "healthy" servers your $15 a month holds more weight then those who picked a 24/7 light servers? If your servers are so healthy why are you trolling dead pop threads?

Go back to the game and let the people who have a problem with the game they pay to play let the Devs know there's a problem. You saying they are exaggerating is BS, you're not on their server, you don't know what side or times they play.

If you tell me because on a Friday night the game has a small sign of life for about 4 hours, that this game is thriving and healthy, I'm gonna slap the $hit out of you.

If you tell me because on a Friday night the game has a small sign of life for about 4 hours, that this game is thriving and healthy, I'm gonna slap the $hit out of you.

I'm a carebear and what is this?

Seriously though... my server (The Jekk Jekk Tarr) used to have a healthy population, until the Oceanic Servers launched. It's about half of what it used to be, population wise (anecdotally).

Why did BW only provide 1 server of each type for Oceanics, instead of 5 or 10? Maybe they learned from the horrendous mistake of having 10 times the number of servers that they should have had at launch. Too bad they're not fixing it.

I would love for a dev to tell us why they're happy with the current populations on their servers.

My server, Warriors of the Shadow, has a greatly reduced population since 1 month ago.

I used to raid 2 nights a week, but now all but 1 person in my guild has quit, and i have not seen my other raiding friends on for almost 2 weeks.

Basically, i am unable to raid now, even if i wanted to. Also, it took me 25min to get into a warzone last night (Friday night). So yea, this games dying. =(

I would LOVE server transfers. I would LOVE Cross server LFD! Started playing the game at launch, so you really didnt have time to get a good feel for a server. My server is so light that it takes HOURS to queue up for a Warzone. Not enough on the Imperial side so they always lose.

Not too mention, while questing it is MOB after MOB cause there isnt enough people to maintain the mobs..haha.

SO, I am all for it! I would like to get my 50 to a decent server and would pay to do so.

Also, people were whining about the servers being too full at the beginning and now they are whining because they are too light..Maybe, after the next BIG patch you can just close some of the lighter servers...and FORCE transfer them..hahaha. I would be down. Get it.."Force" transfer...you see what I did there? =)

My server, Warriors of the Shadow, has a greatly reduced population since 1 month ago.

I used to raid 2 nights a week, but now all but 1 person in my guild has quit, and i have not seen my other raiding friends on for almost 2 weeks.

Basically, i am unable to raid now, even if i wanted to. Also, it took me 25min to get into a warzone last night (Friday night). So yea, this games dying. =(

Hi, I'm on the same server! I completely agree with you. Game is dying, at least our server is. While it still have around 100 players on Imperial fleet, it had over 200 in January. I am seeing less and less LFG in general chat. All my friends just log on and do their dailies and log off now, including me.

I mainly believe this is lack of content. Raids or Operations are pretty stale and boring. All is a dps race. Ilum is dead. Warzones are getting boring every time I play, same old three map, that is the most clustered pvp maps i ever played in. No room to move around or actually have any real objective or strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I had fun since December. Leveling was a blast, PVP at start was real fun, when everyone had about equal gear. After a while, it just became gear vs gear. The reason it is more so "gear vs gear", is mostly the maps issue, it's is so small. Too linear. There are no room to move from point A to point B. Which causes a massive clash between players. Civil War is the same, cap 2 points and when your score doubles theirs, it's basically over.

I had fun, I hope all you new players enjoy it. I was going to stick around for 1.2, for "ranked" Warzone for some competitive play, but just read that "ranked" players will now be able to play in the same game as players queue for "un-ranked" warzone. So, I don't really understand for Ranked Warzones in the first place. I think it's end of the road for me, maybe will come back later when the game is more developed, even though they had 300 million dollars and 5 years to do so.

Best of luck.

Edited by heikaze

All these threads sound just like DCUO forums couple months after it launched.You all know what happened there.

This is very bad news for Bioware and I suspect some people at the company are not sleeping very well the last few weeks.

All these threads sound just like DCUO forums couple months after it launched.You all know what happened there.

This is very bad news for Bioware and I suspect some people at the company are not sleeping very well the last few weeks.

It killed WoW?

Hi, I'm on the same server! I completely agree with you. Game is dying, at least our server is. While it still have around 100 players on Imperial fleet, it had over 200 in January. I am seeing less and less LFG in general chat. All my friends just log on and do their dailies and log off now, including me.

wow i wish my server,talos restoration, had 100 players total...last night,and basically every night ther were 11 players on fleet and im lucky to see 3 other players on every planet! 4 man groups are almost impossible and forget about warzones,you can wait all night and not get into 1

These threads sound just like every other games forums... ripe with trolls and doomsayers.

Btw.. DCUO wasn't even a good game to begin with, save for the character customization, that's why it went F2P.

Apparently Bioware could'nt care less about server population as nothing is being done to fix this issue i am on a server max people ever i see on the fleet is 25 i am lvl 50 i do my daily's and thats all i can get accomplished due to lack of population i will not be renewing my account i have asked bioware about server transfers and a lfg system many times i havent even gotten a reply! Edited by Notannos
content

i have asked bioware about server transfers and a lfg system many times i havent even gotten a reply!

Bioware has announced server transfers, you don't even have to ask. Just look on the dev tracker, that is what it is there for.

BioWare can lick my hairy ***!

Good riddance.