Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Alderaan Warzone: If you're Losing DON"T CAP!

Ch_Zero

If you are going to lose a game against the opposite faction and they 3 cap you,

Don't try to be a hero and cap one of the bases, it just slows down the game.

You can argue for defender points, but it's alot better to farm a position while the flag has been capped by the opposite faction, since they will keep rushing to defend the flag.

This speeds up the game and makes it so you can get your 4 medals quite easily.

Thank you

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to lose a game against the opposite faction and they 3 cap you,

You can argue for defender points, but it's alot better to farm a position while the flag has been capped by the opposite faction, since they will keep rushing to defend the flag.

Thank you

I have mixed feelings. If you are losing to the point that your score is half of your enemy's, it makes no sense to continue because without 3-capping, you literally cannot win the game. It's mathematically impossible.

On the other hand, I really hate "quitting".

Civil War is one of those WZ where there is a point of no return. Even in Huttball (yech) you can be down 4-0 and pull off a win. If you are down 220-450 in CW, there is almost no possibility of a win. It's simply not numerically possible without at least a minute of 3 cap.

Edited by astrocanis

I have mixed feelings. If you are losing to the point that your score is half of your enemy's, it makes no sense to continue because without 3-capping, you literally cannot win the game. It's mathematically impossible.

On the other hand, I really hate "quitting".

Civil War is one of those WZ where there is a point of no return. Even in Huttball (yech) you can be down 4-0 and pull off a win. If you are down 220-450 in CW, there is almost no possibility of a win. It's simply not numerically possible without at least a minute of 3 cap.

I've pulled it off before. Once. I actually came into a WZ with the enemy 3-capped and my side losing bad. Someone rage quit and I came in and we ended up winning.

The only time I quit is when my team isn't doing what they need to do to win. If I cap a turret and then notifiy them that I'm capping and then hold the position fo awhile and nobody even bothers to back me up and the enemy takes it back... I'm done. I just find a corner and let the time elapse. Recently, I was in a WZ and we took 2 turrets. The idiotic leaders tells everyone to go right for a 3 cap. I said defend what we have. They actually followed him right and lost mid and didn't get right. I actually left the WZ at that point as I hadn't invested too much time into at that point.

Thank you

QFT.

If you all give up too, don't all defend Snow. 8 people defending 1 node is the dumbest thing you can do. Move off the node and allow them to 3cap you if the game is already a loss!

The only possible way to 3 cap in Civil War is if the opposite team disconnects.

Thank you

I feel this way about huttball games where the opposite team is filled with leapers and sprinters. Just let em win. There is no way to defended against them when there are so many of them.

Or Voidstar games when the game keeps going even after you've lost. At least that will be changing in 1.2.

Edited by Dayshadow

Thank you

Some people have principles. .....but they will never take our FrrreeeeeeeeSabers!

This is where team coordination and communication come into play.

If you do somehow come from behind in a 3cap situation.

Which is possible, because it could be a lack of players.

secure one base, but do not cap it.

the opposite faction will keep rushing to defend to speed up game progress even if they die.

make sure the second base is clear before capping so you can control both within acceptable time and point constraints.

If you are getting destroyed time and time again against the opposite faction and they have 2 nodes well secured. Don't try and cap the less stable node.

Because you will lose, and it will be a slow and painful death.

I know this because I'm a pro.

Please learn from my example.

Thank you

Sorry but I can't.

My goals in Alderann are pretty simple...

Primary goal: Win

Secondary goal: 4+ medals

Alternate to win: Prevent 3 cap.

I simply can't play the "oh well maybe next time" attitude...just can't.

Sorry but I can't.

My goals in Alderann are pretty simple...

Primary goal: Win

Secondary goal: 4+ medals

Alternate to win: Prevent 3 cap.

I simply can't play the "oh well maybe next time" attitude...just can't.

I have the same attitude. I don't mind if the other teams shows some testicular fortitude and takes a node in a failure situation. I give them props for not just rage quitting or standing around hiding. Maybe if more people didn't just give when the chips were stacked against them, we'd have some better battles

Thank you

This kind of comment reminds me so much of WOW AV. Have a game that lasted more than 10 mins and the supposed pro guys would start calling you a noob because you forced a turtle game where you would have to spend /gasp 20 to 25 mins killing the other faction. Everyone needed to follow the script all your team go right the horde left and race race race to the keep lord. Heck if you could avoid fighting any one of the other faction that was considred a great sucess /boggle

This, but if you're under 4 medals you could just try farming for damage/heals and leave the nodes alone.

Earlier this week we were down 4-0 in Huttball with 4 minutes left. The majority of you spineless defeatists out there would say "Ah, just let them score two more times, obviously you can't beat them, may as well get it over with.".

Well, they got careless, started farming kills, we drew them off towards the sides and our goal, and we set up a quick passing chain and we wound up winning 5-4. That's a victory that we wouldn't have had "any chance" of getting according to a lot of quitters out there, and yet we still won.

If you're going to give up the second you're behind, what's the point of playing the damn warzone to begin with?? There is no such thing as being mathematically eliminated in Alderaan Civil War until the game is over. Even if the score is 520 - 50 and you're about to lose, if you push hard and manage to 3 cap you can still win, however unlikely it may be. It's especially stupid to give up when you're talking about a score like 580 - 450 or something. So what if they 3 cap at that point? Take the nodes back! You have plenty of time.

The only people pushing for quick losses are people valor farming or people with a defeatist attitude. Neither of those groups matters; if you don't like games taking the full duration, please don't play warzones.

this thread 4tw, i hate people wasting my time by taking turrets back if we're mathematically going to lose. In fact, if they only have 2 turrets, but the win in hand, I encourage the opponents to take #3 as well.

solution is quite simple: leave that warzone

In voidstar there actually is situation when you reached lost position.

Especially after 1st round failed as attackers while oppsing group pass door you didnt before.

So all you can do is score achivements for medals.

But in huttball and Civil War you can never say its totally lost.

Most of my game time I spend in warzones.

Several times situation occured, where roles in fight totally turned.

From loosing side we became victors.

So never give up, at least not in those two.

this thread 4tw, i hate people wasting my time by taking turrets back if we're mathematically going to lose. In fact, if they only have 2 turrets, but the win in hand, I encourage the opponents to take #3 as well.

lol and that is why the term asswipe was created.

Keep fightning is admirable, but sometimes there is a reason you a behind 4-0 or 425-150. If the other team is a premade full of BMs or runners & jumper, you just might not have a chance no matter how much you want it. I don't want to give up, but if none of your teammates want to work together and all you are doing is being farmed, well, I will just go sit and let the time run out.

I wonder if this crazy level of imbalance will chance with the new rated warzones.

Thank you

I don't PvP for medals, only..

You should be PvEing in my opinion....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.