Your worst planet?

Antares_Navaar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With you with Coruscant, it's just dull. Actually puts me off the Republic. Kaas is infinitely better.

That and Belsavis. I like the idea, prison planet, varied location. The problem is it feels so disjointed, I just can't get into it. The travel system irks me. The fact your map tells you to go one way when you should really go another. The whole feel of it doesn't resonate. Just feels badly designed.

I like Taris though. The destruction works for me, to the point where I don't mind the mini-mazes.

I like the city planets. Every MMO zone is a wide open area usually. Its fun to explore something different. I find it amusing that people cry about Bioware not doing anything different, but in areas they do, people whine that its not more of the same as in other MMO's. Corellia is actually my favourite planet in the game.

Least favourite is probably Tatooine. Not that I hate it, but a giant desert really doesn't give you much room for variation.

What planet do you despise the most?

For me, it's honestly Coruscant. It's tough to choose between that and Tython, but eventually I leaned on Coruscant. Not just because of the quests that really never grab my attention, but also because of the disappointment. When I first saw I would be going to Coruscant, I was sort of ecstatic. 'Wow, sweet, I wonder what it'll be like!' I go there, it turns out to be a bunch of hallways, each leading to a quest more uninteresting than the next. The acception would be the remains of the Jedi temple.

Hutta... ugh.

Followed by Dromund Kaas.

Every planet which is not a planet, but one big ugly maze. You know what i'm talking about. So Tatooine, Hoth, even Alderaan are ok for me. I like wide opens, a lot of possible paths.

Exactly how I feel, although there are other subjective aspects that I consider (e.g. some zones in SWTOR just feel stale/stolid/dead, or the story behind the zones etc.)

Being a WoW player, almost all of them felt maze-like, especially the urban-type planets (although they seem to be faster).

I hated Tatooine for it's monotonous terrain and colour but I loved it for its apparent expansiveness; far too many zones in SWTOR feel so cramped and hard to navigate (I'm used to be able to get from A to B in a straight-line more or less).

Taris, but this is probably the most subjective because at that point in the game it felt like drudgery; the miserable undertone and odd 'radioactive' hue of the landscape just didn't appeal to me. The whole rakghoul story also didn't help.

Lastly, Hoth, probably my most hated place, purely because of the colour which felt so blinding it made my eyes hurt; it felt like I had to squint every now and then if I wanted to examine anything in detail

With you with Coruscant, it's just dull. Actually puts me off the Republic. Kaas is infinitely better.

That and Belsavis. I like the idea, prison planet, varied location. The problem is it feels so disjointed, I just can't get into it. The travel system irks me. The fact your map tells you to go one way when you should really go another. The whole feel of it doesn't resonate. Just feels badly designed.

I like Taris though. The destruction works for me, to the point where I don't mind the mini-mazes.

Yeah, I really want to make a Jedi Knight now, but I just find myself unable to when I think of Tython and Coruscant. Taris was alright for me, I liked the feeling of fighting rakghouls again, and it was a visually nice planet.

I think I dislike Taris (Republic) the most, but Belsavis gets a mention. I liked exploring it when I got there, but towards where it felt like the end (several times) I got to the point of "no, I am not going to that next area, I am just going to delete everything and move on".

i'd be happy to just stay on coruscant and nar'shadaa with quests 1-50 heh... totally love those planets.

the storylines were cool with the gangs and general underworld, the enemies were cool.. the planets are frustration free in terms of travelling around.

i found most of the other planets to annoy me in some way.

Edited by teambff

This x 100 Hate Belsavis

Absolutely Belsavis. I never know where Im going to end up when I enter a tunnel. Opposite faction camps on the middle of the road. Worst travel system, although it is the fastest because it teleports you.

I like Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa.

Edited by Gokkus

all artificial corridor planets.

Tattooine was the very best since it felt at least a little like an open world planet.

Hoth - way too nice climate, no heavy snow storms, no shortened view, no TaunTaun riding through a heavy storm.

Most planets feel lifeless, There never was a sense of realism except on Tattooine, Alderaan at some places but that's about it.

I felt the same way about Tat until I drove 10m behind the speeder from Mos Eisley and hit an exhaustion zone....

I hated Taris when I did if first time, I got my interest when I did it second time, I almost liked it when I did it third time, and wow I loved it when I did it fourth and fifth time... LOL

That really surprised me /grin

My favorites are Dromund Kaas, Alderan, Corellia.

Quesh is the least favorite... I guess because my former Master tried to kill me there...

Coruscant need some work... maybe next expansion - quests on planet - Corellia style...

I love Balmorra... the music is awesome

Belsavis... travel sucks but quests are cool. Besides I like to run around a lot... gives me some exercise...

Edited by Evensong

Quesh. I'd say it was because I was alone when I went there... but sadly I was alone for Corellia as well due to badly low population on my server (Chuundar) so that isn't a proper reason. Quesh is just too small for you to feel like you are in a worthwhile place, it just makes me want to leave soon after arriving.