Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand this. I thought early access would be much faster. It's the first day and only who pre-ordered in July (and not even all of them!) were able to play? I didn't expect it to come to September already, but come on, at least allow everyone who redeemed the code on July to play. There are some from that month who still aren't able to play I believe?

What would the ones that pre-ordered in November-December do then? Play on 19th?! This is going too low. I understand most people pre-ordered in July, but you didn't even let that "month" fully in the game.

Also, the waves shouldn't end now, there should be more waves per day, at least 8, or allow almost double the people to get in each wave.

The beta had so many more people and it was an incredible success, no lag and no crashes what so ever, at least in the latest builds. I'm disappointed.

7/28 here..still waiting

Originally Posted by nightrogen

EGA drinking game:

1 shot of hard liquor:

- When someone begs bw/ea to let them in

- Someone complains that BW/EA is a horrible company

2 shots:

- someone writes a pointless letter to said corporation

- someone posts a futile hope that there may be more waves today

3 shots:

- someone cancels preorder

5 shots: someone ends existence over this

You will be drunk in secconds i dont think you would have enough liquor ... lol

BioWare, please BAN all these impatient children it's getting ridiculous.

Are you angry you didn't the invite yet?

Are you angry that you overlooked something that has been stated everywhere?

Are you angry about BioWare's little extra-service they provide you with?

Answer: Go play with a rubber ducky, bad boy/girl! Now go to bed, go watch a movie or do something else while having your phone set to vibrate when you get a e-mail.

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

^ LVL 37 Night Elf Rogue-Thunderhorn

Edited by Chuck_G

OMG I can't even get to the end of the thread because people keep posting! lol Why are people complaining? I forgot to was "D-day" so I am glad I was spared the turmoil of checking my email. I even now have time to update my game client before I get my activation. My gf called me a nerd because when I realized what today was i got excited. Sheesh, after reading her what some of the posts are she now realizes the company i will soon be keeping.

Come on people, taking off from work just to play? and then complaining about it? If work was that important to you then maybe you should have stayed and made some bones. You have a day off! Celebrate! Clean the house for the wife, cook her dinner, pick up the kids, do something instead rage on a forum that only a handful of people will even read the page that you posted on.

Enough said, Republic scum. . . beware!

I really doubt any of these people raging have their own home, a wife, know how to cook a real dinner, and they should probably never have kids. Just a bunch of basement dwellers working at the local gas station. Your intentions are good however :)

I preordered in bloody july and haven't gotten access this is a preposterous insult at my intergalactic well being how dare you do this time i have a final tm, im running the risk of failing out of college im already on academic probation and all i want to do is relax and now inorder to do that i have to play with myself....thanks

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

COPY AND PASTE!

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

COPY AND PASTE!

COPY AND PASTE!

COPY AND PASTE!

my boyfriend is in and its lagging like hell soooo good thing we did not

all start at the 15th.

So all stop whining and wait for your turn I am convinced it will come and so does mine.

BTW the game is fun :) I played beta already and there was not so much lag as now how come?????

Greetz and meet you ingame

I have tried to call Customer service twice. First, their security is lame. If you mess up something, well, you have to call Customer Service to unlock your account. Oh, and not just for THIS game. Wait for well over an hour to talk to someone that does not understand English well, spend another 20 minutes to unlock an acct. It was terrible. Today, I tried,and it said the number wasn't available. This does NOT bode well.

REPOST

"I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out. "

Originally Posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I also dont understand that if things are going as well as they are with the servers why you would stop at 2pm in the afternoon inviting people. Its not like anyone is going home for the day, as a developer or someone working in the game industry you should be prepared for 14 hour days on a game release.

I have no issue with the staggered releasing of people, but to spread it out over 5 days doesnt seem fair/right....you are creating a separation and segregation in each community.

Sure you can reply with well you can all just roll on a new server on the release day....doesnt quite work like that unfortunately...it was hard enough to reroll in Rift after one day of massive queues let alone a week of work.

IMO it was a bad mistake to only let a small portion of the game population into the game. Bioware hurt the feelings of a HUGE chunk of their population. All because some people didn't have the option to pre-order quickly.

Thanks Bioware, for making me feel un-special. almost unspecial enough to skip this game. I still have a lot of hours left in Skyrim. I'm thinking in return for your kindness, i won't activate my free month for a few months. i don't want to add to your launch numbers.

EDIT: i just got word from a few friends that they are almost level 10. No i have pretty much no choice. F*ck playing this game by myself.

Edited by FlyPonix

I do believe if we blew $150 on Collectors edition we should have the privilege to start already. Since $150 is quite a lot and all of the extensive testing, it should be kinda fair.

And you are getting items that you paid the money for so no you should not have any more damn privilege.

/agree

/sign

/forward