Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

I didn't pre-order til the 9th of december. I know I won't get in til probably 11:55 pm on the 19th at this rate. In any case I will thoroughly enjoy my 5 minutes of early access!

4-5 waves/day! lol fail

BTW this thread is insane!

:wea_13:

+1

and not a fail)) currently now is only early access to early access))) what fail you're seaking about, man?))

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a legitmate reason for NOT allowing 24/7 rolling invites?

not really a computer guy...just wndering if anyone could answer

thanx

Only if they're actually worried about server stability. Or they do want to let people access the game in the order they pre-ordered and give them time to move to the next area before the next batch enters.

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

For Those who might not have received an invite if you pre-ordered in july does not mean you will get in. If you pre-ordered in July and entered your code right away then you might have got access today otherwise you all need to stop complaining it makes me sick lol :D Please continue with your RAGE it ammuses all of us that are patient.

I know alot of people are ticked off, but giving access based on waves, insures the game can be supported successfully. If you ever been through a MMO launch, you can tell these folks it never goes smooth. It's a tricky process and HUGE problems can happen.

this is total bull **** on your part bioware your invite waves suck **** ball's it was how i came in late on your swtor beta i have a feeling same kind of bull **** will happen for early access shame on you at bioware haul your ***'s and send everyone a invite all at once including myself i'm getting tired of this **** who else agree's with me here

Crushing's too good for him. First he'll spend a year in the incinerator. Year two: Cryogenic refrigeration wing. Then TEN years in the chamber I built where all the robots scream at you. THEN I'll kill him.

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

More people were invited today already than there were CE editions printed, and if, as they say, they are starting slow, then more people will get in tomorrow than what got in today - do you want people to wait even longer just so you, a CE owner, get to play?

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

What people don't realize is that scalability is hard. Like, NP-hard. I expected half the servers to crash today. They still might tomorrow, or the day after. Sit back and enjoy the show.

My charitable post to all the stupid people telling people A) BW didn't lie or B) we have no right to complain.

1) EGA is not two days early. They extended EGA by 2 days, because thats the average fastest ship time after they dropped the no grace period bomb. It was to try to appease the masses, NOT a gift, and the grace period thing in the first place was 100% a bold faced lie

2) Right to complain, to each their own, you of course have every right to your thoughts, but quit being ignorant and claiming theres no feasable way people are upset, thats BS, they DID lie, this IS a terrible launch, and it is in fact a launch (for all the stupid ppl who thing EGA/launch are different)

3) I would really like a yellow post to answer one question. Do they think this launch is successful and/or would they take the same approach to a future expansion? Cuz if the answer is yes to either, I'd rather just cancel my box before the 20th and go back to WoW

This isn't a launch. This is a "play up to 5 (now 7) days early if you pre-oreder" early access period. Read the fine print homie. They didn't lie:)

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

the biggest problem with this, is for those that ordered with gamestop, or ebgames.

not only do we get a lower chance of playing in early access because they emailed the codes almost a week or two later; but we also lose out almost a week of playing from launch because the vendors poor choice in shipping. So as much as i understand the point of staggering early access, why stop it so soon in the day? There is a big gap for those that have ordered with gamestop/eb games and the problem hasn't been adressed, just brushed under the rug. What most people were aiming to do, was to play as much as they could during early access, (because that much is in the hands of this company) and wait it out till launch day and their retail copy arrived.

So potentially, if we have friends that are playing now, and we've ordered with gamestop, we may not be able to play with them for weeks while they're about 2-3 weeks ahead, and in an entirely different location in the game than you are.

Edited by Meluna

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out

Edited by skadu

that is impressive, except for at the rate they are letting people in theres no way everyone will get in by launch day, so they will end up having to add more servers which they could have just done on day 1, this staggered access is flawed, because the majority of people from the day before will still login to play the next day so theoretically they can only invite an exponentially smaller number of people everyday, and even at the pace of invites of the first day they still can't fit everyone in in time

Yes, and clearly that rate is set in stone.

Give over, the 13th and 14th are bonus days to begins with. If people are going to b**** you might at least save it for the 15th.