Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

Wow there are some really dumb people in the world.

You were told you might get up to 5 days of early access.

Until its the 20th and you havent gotten any access you have NOTHING to complain about.

What is so fricking hard to understand????

Get a grip.

Oh and to the person who posted about "all the people stressed" over the way BW has done the EA, and to those who copied and pasted it:

GET A LIFE IN REAL LIFE!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

all true. PS: worst customer experience ever.

Thank you for ordering from Origin Store on July 22, 2011. The following email is a summary of your order. Please use this as your proof of purchase. If you paid by credit card, please look for EA * Origin.com on your credit card billing statement.

YOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATION

Order Number: 98*****400

Order Date: July 22, 2011

Why am i not in? My friends and I all bought at the same time.. and 1/2 of us are in and the other 1/2 are waiting. 6 people pre ordered.. and none of us can play because we can't play together... this makes no sense. If you ACTUALLY went in order...

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

Originally Posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.. !!

Made me laugh while I'm deploying patches.

nothing more to say...

Besides that i'm really really pissed, cause i ordered my game tn minutes after the press release announcing the start of pre-orders and still got no key while i know some persons already playing, who entered their key days or weeks after me...

I would prefer waiting a few hours in a server-queue to waiting a whole day (and maybe even more days), staring at my mailbox, not knowing when the eagerly awaited mail may arrive.

I love BioWare more than any other Studio for their incredible games, but this Game Access concept is even worse than the WoW-Launch in 2005 (Europe) and THAT was really terrible.

i 2nd this

Have some patience, you will get in when you get in, and besides "Up to 5 days" does not mean you are getting 5 days, it means you MIGHT get 5 days... and this is STILL 7 days early...

I would be more worried about whether or not you will have your hard copy (for those that ordered hard copies from online retailers) on the actual release date... because up then you can play without actually having purchased the game, you could cancel your pre-order and still get to play...

SO RELAX!!!

:)

Originally Posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

Furthermore I would like to add that this has EA written all over it.

This is written in good english but makes a lot of assumptions about why the launch is being handled the way it is.

I doubt individual server performance has much to do with the approach they have taken to the roll-out.

I must say...

Those copy/pasting that whine post over and over make it much easier to know what posts are worth reading at least.

I pre-odered like a week ago. If I get even one day head start I got what I paid for. Suck it up people.

so, first post on forums.

thought this might be a good place for it, since everyone is reading this anyway

Hai Everyone, chill, we still have a few days before the 20th. If someone has trouble counting from 13-20 i shall help!

Let's start at 13 and work our way down to 20. Going to start you of easy.

Are you thinking 1 and 4? if so, you are halfway there, now put them together and it becomes what? 14. GOOD job Trolls, you are doing excellent. Now i'm not going to help you at all.

15. Good Good

17. No No stupid trolls 16 comes after 15!

16. Good.

17. Very good, now bring it home for me!

20! NONO BAD TROLL BAD!

18? Yes very good, continue

19. Excellent now bring it home!

20. Very good now you can count and don't have to act like a freaking mental illness patient.

Are you going to be nice now and chill?

Good to know.

And lastly a saying that has kept me out of trouble all my life "A watched pot never boils!" think it''s fitting in this situation

Best post so far! LOL