Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

561 pages of self righteous a s s h a t s that have to post just so people can know they are better than everyone else because they are calm and the voice of reason, seruiously these posts are worse than the qq ones, so go f u c k your self d o u c h e .

+1

And if you wade through the QQ you can see that a lot of them have a point questioning the limited number of servers rolled out when they know so many more are needed. The only bottleneck is the one BW is creating on itself.

Another great point is not about the days of play time some have over others, it's the resulting unfair advantage on the AH that they will have because of it.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WOAH! WAIT! HOLD ON! STOP THE PRESSES!!!

You all mean to tell me that we're waiting for a game?!?!?

oh no, oh no, oh no, oh nooooo... omg, omg, omg, omg... I've been sitting here all day watching the trolls in this forum thinking THAT was THE game. There is more? Truly? Can it be?

*splat* *rummages for towel to clean up mess*

Woot! Woot! I'm so exciting to be waiting to play a real game and to stop playing forums - my life will be COMPLETE!

/die.

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

/5char

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

^^^This is good. I love Bioware and im not upset but i do question there method after the succesful Beta test :/

tsenng;64861]The funny thing is if they suddenly decided to let us all in tonight there would probably be about 70hours long queues..so instead of raging in the 70 hour queue i can actually watch tv have a beer and come in every 10 min to laugh my *** off at all the weird posts going on here.

Thnx bioware for giving me something fun to do while i wait for the launch the 20th

Man that is so true. i agree with you brother. id rather wait for a good time to play then be in line for 2 days straight in the queue. guys just have a little more patients. it will come in due time.

My charitable post to all the stupid people telling people A) BW didn't lie or B) we have no right to complain.

1) EGA is not two days early. They extended EGA by 2 days, because thats the average fastest ship time after they dropped the no grace period bomb. It was to try to appease the masses, NOT a gift, and the grace period thing in the first place was 100% a bold faced lie

2) Right to complain, to each their own, you of course have every right to your thoughts, but quit being ignorant and claiming theres no feasable way people are upset, thats BS, they DID lie, this IS a terrible launch, and it is in fact a launch (for all the stupid ppl who thing EGA/launch are different)

3) I would really like a yellow post to answer one question. Do they think this launch is successful and/or would they take the same approach to a future expansion? Cuz if the answer is yes to either, I'd rather just cancel my box before the 20th and go back to WoW

If those who think EGA/launch are different (which by definition they are) are stupid then you must be the intellectual highlight of the day :)

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

wow ok do you agree with this or not? I think its a good idea so they DON'T overload the surver numnuts. If the survers overload it means that they have to shut down ALL of the survers to find the *********** problem. I really hate it when people like you say things like this. THINK BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING STUPID!!!! I do it every day then say something stupid anyways. just to mess with people.

I have been reading this forum all day and you are the only thing that has prompted me to post in all of this ridiculousness. He is right. The server stress test at thanksgiving showed all of us that the servers could handle all of everyone they have invited so far two maybe even three times over. If they were going to do things this way they should have at least warned people that it would be like this (example being they should have come up with a chart or something to give everyone a basic idea of when they would get to play), but as this forum goes to show.... They did not do that. I personally think that people have the right to be pist. It is like BW thinks this is funny or something lol. People literally cleared their time to play this awesome game so I think that loyal ambitious customers should be treated better than this.

ok so its official then, dear bioware and lucas arts, and all other asscotiates,

1. your wave system bad, its making costumers lose faith in your servers, and ablitity to cope with the stress.

2. paying costumers are feeling like there being robbed, get it together before more people cancel on pre orders :mad:

3. We expected better for your pre-launch, this isn't stress test time, this is game time WISE UP, GET REAL, MAKE BIGGER SERVERS! :jawa_eek:

4. GREAT GAME WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING IT BEFORE THE GAME ACTUALLY COMES OUT ON DECEMBER 20/2011 :D

5.Thank you so much for all your hard work as is, we know this is tough, but you've made leaps and bounds on this most ambitious project. Know that we the fans applaud your performance, dedication, and time spent on creating this game. :cool:

6. To all players, yes I agree its frustrating to wait, I know I am, but we all know that in the end things will be better! :D

7. See you all in game :D

screw the costumers

ok, i am going to send you my monthly subscription fee in "waves". i will send you $3 a week. is that acceptable to you?

Isn't a "monthly" subscription fee, by definition, "in waves"? Just sayin'

Edited by Sotaudi

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!