Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so since the waves are done for the day can we have the stats now please?

how many invites were sent out?

how many players are live?

how many servers are full (with queues)

and how many servers can still take more players?

also how many preorders have teen taken to date?

i only ask so i can work out how much, if any time im going to get on this headstart...

So apparently 100,000 people ordered in July, and they've only invited people up until the 26th. At this rate, it'll be AFTER the 20th where people who pre-ordered in November / December get into the game.

So much for paying more for early access.

Not true, some people who pre-ordered in decemeber got in already

PEOPLE!!! DO you realise that this is EARLY GAME ACCESS NOT LAUNCH?!

This is aimed at those people who said " What a sh**y launch BW!

This isn't LAUNCH! It's Early Access. Get your things right please.

Now let's continue to watch this sea of rage,shall we? :D

it is launch, look int he launcher, they say so themselves

I see bioware is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play this game. Really, how messed up is your RL that you think Bioware and a video game is messing with your life, family, job etc. You choose to play video game, play it when it becomes available. Wow back in the day I took a week off when pong came out ....pffft what ever dude.

So, you're the one. Well, you ruined my life - having to cover your shift for pong.. geeze. At least i know who to blame now.;)

So Bioware's saying I can't play the game as long as my friend can who got in today even though I payed the same amount... hm... very interesting

Some people paid the same amount in November/December knowing they might only have a day of early game access.

I've been reading this thread for a while now and I just now couldn't withstand replying anymore.

I would like to point out that this launch is going much much smoother then some I've been involved with. Wow anyone? How about Final Fantasy 14? Both games had horrible launches with crashes, bugs and were handled differently. One well, one bad.

I don't think people really realize or value what early access truly is for, in any game. It is a dry run/test of the server stability. It's not your right as a human to get into a game early, and by getting upset shows a massive lack of not only maturity but also critical thinking skills. It the same sad thing I'm seeing with Beta now, people think it's a time to get to play the game early, and it is, but its not just that, its a chance for you to help better the game, make it work smoother when its time to go live. Early access is no different. If they were to let you all in at the same time, just open the gates and step back, its like turning the hose on full blast into a bucket of water. The water flies everywhere, sometimes the bucket tips over, and your left with a mess. If you however turn the hose on slowly, the water all goes in, it doesn't spill, and by the time you get in on full, there's enough water in the bucket already to cover the blast of incoming water and keep it from spilling.

I've been reading a lot of people going "well i payed the same amount as someone in July, I should get the same consideration!!!" true, if you were still in 3rd grade. When you go to the store, and buy an apple for 49 cents, then I buy one right after you, are they going to be exactly the same? Be the same size? Taste the same? We both paid 49 cents, right? Wrong. But part of being a true adult is understanding that you don't always get exactly what everyone else does.

Now I'm not here to defend or condemn anyone. I'm calling it like I see it. I've waited years for games, this one included, I can wait a few more days. You can too.

Edited by PCRenegade

Umm...dude? It's a game.

Actually it is not a game. It is an ideology, an epic myth, a meme, and for some even a religion. These are deep waters and they are not still. Lucas knew what he was playing with when he began expressing aspects of the Hero with a Thousand Faces in his work. This kind of commitment should never have been unexpected - nor should the people involved have been treated as belonging to different castes.