First week at 50: Reflections

Stilly

Due to rerolling 4 times from imp to pub, from dead server to living server this is my first 50 that I've done anything with at 50. My 50 jug was abandoned the day he hit 50. Pushed this one up fairly quickly for a guy who has a job and responsibilities.

Was as ready as you can be when I dinged. All coms maxed, bag in the bank, even bothered to rip enhancments out of the 46 weapon so I had some expertise right when I hit cap.

Day 1: turned in all my bags. Used the coms I got to buy my cent head and chest. Saved the champ coms for my weapon. First warzone went as I expected. Sawbones healing as a fresh 50 isn't easy. Got **** on a lot. Three maras and 5 quis will do that though. We did, howver, win. First day ended up going 9 and 5 puging all games. Turned in quests, got 5 more bags, bought more gear.

Day 2: Ran with guildies also new to 50, went 500 on the day and started to notice the gear difference going in the right direction. Instadeath was less frequent and was able to keep a few people up when it mattered. Turned in second weekly and both dailies, bought champ weapon and all my cent pieces minus belt.

Day 3: Went into the night of pvp with 15k health. Some new enhancements to up my power and surge. Healing was competitive with fully geared healers. Got invited to a pre made with some solid players, won 7 in a row. Trolled ilum for giggles logged full cent with one piece replaced with champ.

Day 4: Find boredom creeping in. Guild spends a few hours starting **** on ilum and tat. Do more warzones solo and get stomped by Pres all night. Healing still getting better but teamates just evaporate under focus fire. Last game vs 8 inquis, call it a night.

Day 5: Tried to find a reason to play after dailies. Didn't. Logged with one more piece of champ.

Days 6: Dailies, alt, pve to remind myself why I just pvp. Logged another champ piece from coms. Healing easy against bads, fun against goods, no new gear, 58 valor level BM Inc as a completely worthless milestone.

Today: Working all day. Still on the fence on playing tonight which boggles me. I consider myself an on the border hardcore pvper. I have had some 2300+ toons in wow. Never a glad but very competitive. As much as I love starwars I can't believe I find myself not pumped to get home and pvp all night.

What is the point of this? Tldr? How is it possible an easy to please gamer like myself finds himself bored after a week of sucessful, fun pvp? Is it the carrot that is missing from this game? I can't put a finger on it but I'm going to need another mmo in my life at this rate. Wow is out, **** that game. Guild wars? Bleh, I don't know maybe. In a universe of endless possibilities this is what we have to entertain ourselves with? I feel duped, disappointed, and somewhat irritated.

Maybe I'm alone here but how is it starwars isn't enough?

Day

Edited by Stilly

i'm in a similar position... except i'm valor 60+ now... so now i get my daily and 90% of the time have nothing tangible to show for it except for well geared companions. gear progression is far slower and slightly less motivating than it was when i was trying to get champ gear. i usually get my dailies tho, then go play my alts.

if a 50 guildy comes on and wants to pvp though, i usually do, and i have fun at it too, usually because we win, and i just love winning! we'll see what it's like when 1.2 hit though... maybe it will be more intriguing..?

PvP is bad because most of us get 10-15 fps. It's just not enjoyable.

get a better pc

to OP. Rated WZ might help you out. And I agree that we need some type of epic carrot. These people that QQ about how "hard" the grind is to get gear are the problem.

get a better pc

to OP. Rated WZ might help you out. And I agree that we need some type of epic carrot. These people that QQ about how "hard" the grind is to get gear are the problem.

Such a fanboy. Rated wz's will do nothing, I guarantee it. They need to amke sweeping changes to the pvp aspect of this game and realise its not an add-on to the majority of long time players.

Edited by Jinnz

Im at lvl 43 and will be my 3rd 50. First was on a German server (live in Germany) and has not been touched since RL friends rerolled on a different server and don't play much when I do. Hit BM on main for which I never did a WZ until I hit 50. Now lvl 43 and 43 valor on pub alt. Not super excited about playing anymore like I use to be.

Waiting until May 15th.... oh yeah! But disappointed about pvp opportunitys so I might stay along with SWTOR a little while longer but not sure.

You are SUCH an ignorant child. As if my post above yours gives you no clue that that is exactly what I and many others will be doing?

Go troll somewhere else. Who reads/posts on forums of games that they dont even play?

They need to amke sweeping changes to the pvp aspect of this game and realise its not an add-on to the majority of long time players.

So, like the changes they are doing in 1.2: smaller gear curve [More focus on class/skill], massive class rebalancing [should be less quagmires in Voidstar/Civil War], removal of Ilum completely [No more Weekly/Daily Quests], the removal of random bags, queue rewards tied directly to your effort, the inclusion of rated preseason, a new warzone and so forth. These are all significant steps in the right direction; however, some players won't be satisfied until they get arenas without objectives.

OP: i feel the exact same way. Took me more like 2-3 weeks to hit the boredom wall, but i'm there nonetheless. I don't even have BM gear and still finishing Champ set but just bored by it all. I enjoy pvp -- but the same WZs over and over again just aren't it... was hoping for more but world pvp seems to be out for the foreseeable future. Oh well.

No thank you to D3 -- gave up on Blizzard. GW2 looks like it could be some pvp fun, we'll see...

The amount of ignorant posts of the calbre found in this thread used to baffle me. It existed in WAR but was rare; the amount of tards in this game however is out of control. i can't wait to leave. By the way, if a date is in the future, it hasn't happened yet, and that means I am still playing this game, as the concept we call time hasn't elapsed to the aforementioned date.

I have no idea what that guy talking about ranted obj-less arenas is on about, I didn't even play wow :) GZ guys on proving me right :)

And I really hope BW proves me wrong, since I've been looknig forwards to this game for almost 4 years, personally. However, I am not so narrowminded as to be completely tunnelvisioned by a game that I feel the need to defend it to the alst, despite so much time invested in it, especially before public release.

I really wanted it to be the next big thing and still do, but imo 1.2's changes are not for me, and a vast majority of people I know in varying guilds on Tomb of Freedom Nadd serrver, EU's biggest pvp server by far.

Sorry to have butt-hurt you little fanboysons, have fun in SWTOR :)

Honestly, I think you just burned yourself out and set up an expectation that was too high to acheive.

When I was younger, I used to shoot pool. I was pretty good and did a 9 ball tournament every week. I practiced my tail off and started getting in the quarters and semis of a field of about 40-70 people. The day I actually won a tournament (took about 2 years) I was so burnt out that I havent played since. Seems like your road in SWTOR may have been the same emotional result.

So, like the changes they are doing in 1.2: smaller gear curve [More focus on class/skill], massive class rebalancing [should be less quagmires in Voidstar/Civil War], removal of Ilum completely [No more Weekly/Daily Quests], the removal of random bags, queue rewards tied directly to your effort, the inclusion of rated preseason, a new warzone and so forth. These are all significant steps in the right direction; however, some players won't be satisfied until they get arenas without objectives.

I take it you're not one of the classes that are getting completely gutted for no reason? I play a healing sage. I'm not overpowered, I heal a few people, die pretty quick if I'm being attacked by someone with a brain who can interrupt. They're making my class completely unplayable in 1.2, not because it's too powerful right now, but because they want PvP to be people just running in, smooshing their buttons, dying, then doing it again. I'd bet you play a dps, but even if you do you'd just lie and say you didn't, so what's it matter.

Today: Working all day. Still on the fence on playing tonight which boggles me. I consider myself an on the border hardcore pvper. I have had some 2300+ toons in wow. Never a glad but very competitive. As much as I love starwars I can't believe I find myself not pumped to get home and pvp all night.

What is the point of this? Tldr? How is it possible an easy to please gamer like myself finds himself bored after a week of sucessful, fun pvp? Is it the carrot that is missing from this game? I can't put a finger on it but I'm going to need another mmo in my life at this rate. Wow is out, **** that game. Guild wars? Bleh, I don't know maybe. In a universe of endless possibilities this is what we have to entertain ourselves with? I feel duped, disappointed, and somewhat irritated.

Maybe I'm alone here but how is it starwars isn't enough?

Day

Many of us feel just like you. Yeah i'm a huge die hard star wars fan who wanted nothing more then to pvp like crazy in TOR.But sadly it's not that fun and i blame the developers for not making a star wars universe we want to live in. Combat is unbalanced and instanced pvp after some weeks is just plain boring and gets old fast.Without real open world pvp like gw2 will have there is no hope.I'm alredy in a gw2 guild something i belived never would happend as a former swtor fanboy.Thats why i'm so angry at the swtor developers, they failed so hard on the real things that matters to us star wars fans.It's just another grinding MMO with no even 1 minigame in it to play when we are bored.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

The game is boring enough as it is already.

Next patch (1.2) Bioware is giving out warhero for free basically. You can buy a BM set that nearly has the same stats as war hero just with some regular warzone commendations, plus, the War Hero gear itself will be available for regular warzone comms, no valor rank or rating required. People will be decked out in full war hero in less than a month, and then its going to be the same story over and over again.

Bioware will continue to add crappy gear sets and nerf/boost classes to keep the sheep playing.

I will await 1.2. If it doesn't please me theres plenty of other fish in the sea. (Tera, Diablo 3, GW2, and many more) I simply cant be arsed to cling on longer to this failtrain that dares to call itself an mmorpg when its clearly a short term grindfest with no depth at all.

Same position here.

It gets worse in that all the toons I mainly play on are getting their points refunded when the patch hits, so even learning the class is a redundant argument for me.

My head tells me I should like this game. But I just don't enjoy playing it at the moment. And I don't know why. It's a million different things I guess.

The game needs more endgame content and not just new FP or HMs. They need to get people out into the open world more. Whatever they choose they just need a little bit more people going back to these planets.

The game needs more endgame content and not just new FP or HMs. They need to get people out into the open world more. Whatever they choose they just need a little bit more people going back to these planets.

What could we possibly achieve in the open world? Everything is already handed to us on a silver platter.