Give the REAL pvp players our DeathMatch!

whitescorpion

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IT SHOULD BE NAMED TEENSTAR

just the idea makes me laugh

lol cloackers avoiding damage and waiting for a gank to be the last mand standing

You act like it would be ultra hard to prevent exploitation like this. :rolleyes:

the most popular online games on steam are counter-strike 1.6 (1st place) and counter-strike source (3rd place)

wanna guess what is played the most (PUGs and competitive)? the defusal mode.

there are mods for the deathmatch and people play it, but noone in their right mind would play that mode for 8 hours straight (while the defusal mode can and is played like that)

another popular type of pvp games are moba (lol/hon/dota) and guess what - it's again an objective type of game.

---

however what we need is the tatooine's outlaw's den remodelled

we are already getting teleports to that location, but we should also get something like 1 warzone commendation per kill or per X damage dealt (or X healing done/shielding done).

then you could enjoy some pew pewing for the sake of pew pewing :)

Lol, I can't even believe you compared counter strike to this piece of **** game.

Well, here is your bomb defusal.

One god mode player in CS will in fact beat the living **** out of any team that doesn't know what they're doing, aka, the idiots who suicide in star wars.

CS is about SKILLS and killing first, especially individual skill, then team play comes in... but I've seen plenty of pros win games 1v3 in CS easy... and this is in tournaments. I really wanna see the idiots from SWTOR go play some CS with the mentality of dying 20x, only to win cuz of bad game mechanics. It's NEVER gonna happen...

This. I've never seen a true deathmatch in a major MMO (didn't play them all but...) and I would welcome it whole heartedly. Enough capture the flag, enough bomb defusing, enough hold the point.

I just want a team deathmatch in an MMO. 1 room, 4 pillars, 2 teams. No Z axis. Go.

Warhammer Online WZ system rewarded killing... Each kill neted you base valor and exp so anyone who would PVE and post their screen shots would get laughed at by the community.

It was to the point where people who wanted to cap flags all day were left to do do cuz even if they won via suicide and horrible game mechanics, they'd get nothing out of it. This is PVP... Player vs player, not some monkey dry humping his spawn, over and over again, not getting punished for dying 20x, coming down to the points and interrupting caps.

I really can't stand this game's casual nature... It's to the point where they didn't even give healers combat resurrects to offset the constant baddies flooding from their spawn camps.

I mean, it's so *********** bad that people intentionally suicide, either to prevent a cap down on the other side or deny someone a kill.

If each time someone did that, they gave the other team 1k valor, they'd have second taughts about doing it.

Warhammer Online WZ system rewarded killing... Each kill neted you base valor and exp so anyone who would PVE and post their screen shots would get laughed at by the community.

It was to the point where people who wanted to cap flags all day were left to do do cuz even if they won via suicide and horrible game mechanics, they'd get nothing out of it. This is PVP... Player vs player, not some monkey dry humping his spawn, over and over again, not getting punished for dying 20x, coming down to the points and interrupting caps.

I really can't stand this game's casual nature... It's to the point where they didn't even give healers combat resurrects to offset the constant baddies flooding from their spawn camps.

I mean, it's so *********** bad that people intentionally suicide, either to prevent a cap down on the other side or deny someone a kill.

If each time someone did that, they gave the other team 1k valor, they'd have second taughts about doing it.

+1000

Fulkan for prez

I don't want a deathmatch, just a WZ were the best strategy doesn't involve completely avoiding the other team or suiciding into a turret 10 times in a row. Preferably like Warhammers system, where there was an objective but kills counted towards points too. Edited by Zepidel

i think combining the two would be good. a map like alderaan where you capture points to reduce a teams points from say 1000 to 0, except each kill is now 5 points as well.

this could help those times where theres no point to playing anymore since its 2:1 and a 3 cap is unlikely

Last man standing pvp would benefit tanks, healers, and the invisible dudes. Good luck playing a gunslinger or sniper in that format. That could definitely be a future option, I don't think it would really be a good thing for right now though.

One thing people also don't get is that if you are running in a corner hiding or sitting in stealth not doing anything, you are being as useful as the guy respawning.

I would however love for their to be some kind of deathmatch pvp, where the score starts at 50 and every kill lowers the score by 1, the team that reaches zero loses. I'd even be cool with a match with that set up that also has objectives that can effect the score. If you have 10 kills and they have 50, you got creamed

hey i have an idea

lets copy all WOW on this one

sounds good?

Guess What, this is a MMo Just like wow, and its based on wow wich is not bad, Blizzard also based WoW on other games, all MMos have +70% in common, its like saying: "oh this game have a general chat, just like wow"

objective pvp is just as much pvp as arena-based pvp. i prefer objective myself because it adds another layer.

calling arena/TD "real" pvp is one of the reasons why i hate arena-tards. their sense of entitlement is infuriating.

lol at the "arena-tards", if you dont like arenas dont play them but the pvp comunity loves them, a lot of my friends of my old WoW guild (like +20 ppl) dont play swtor because it dont have competitive pvp yet, some of they will try 1.2 but most are waiting to see arenas.

And the "real pvp" is what most population think it is, you are on a minority and want to impose your way of thinking, that makes no sense

And for BW: It is unwise to ignore a large segment of the population that can play your game having the potential to give them what they want. Put "arenas" on your pvp priority list

Edited by Edwardacly

I would love it

Here is what I don't get. People obviously like different kinds of PVP over other kinds, but isn't having more options always a good thing? If you don't like one aspect don't participate in it.

People act like WOW arena touched them when they were kids and it sucks because developers get scared to make something that is better than that.

You know how easy it would be to implement a TDM/DM WZ with 10+ maps. First team to 600 points wins, 5 points per kill with a 10min max duration. For the maps all you have to do is use existed areas in the game for people to fight in and just put barriers on certain places.

I would love to see this. That said I definitely dont see solo death match doing well for the healers, and they shouldnt be excluded. Add solo, duo, and trio king of the hill. Staying king of the hill gives points every set interval and the person with the most points at the end wins, or hitting a set number of points first wins.

This would also be great because a healer in a death match is just a free kill pretty much. But in duos/trios would make some pretty interesting match ups. A tank, a healer, a DPS on each side. Tank protects healer, healer heals DPS and tank, DPS takes out the other DPS/Healer on the opposing team first and kills the tank. Or rip the tank from the healer with a pull and and beat on him to death and kill the squishies last. I think this could also work for sniper/gunslinger. If they made varying levels of elevation the sniper would be able to pick a nice ledge and pick off the enemy from a distance. If a melee runs up too close to the sniper and his allies catch them in time, force pull/grapple them off the sniper while he resumes picking off the enemy players.

Most of the above was on the assumption that PUG groups are competent, but would be really fun with guildies however. :p Also allow people to pick the role they will be playing in the group. Tank/DPS/Healer and have PUG groups put together that way. Instead of WZs where the pub side is nothing but Trooper, Trooper, Trooper, Sage, Sage, Sage, Sage, Sage. Grav spam and rocks all day long ftl. -.-

You guys are hysterical. You might as well have a warzone where it's only for Assasins then.

Last man standing = the last to come out of stealth autowins... not to mention the game would last forever as if there are at least 2 smart stealthers no one is coming out of stealth first.

Large open point control battlefields "like Alderan but larger" would be the best option for a "real" pvp Wz.

there were a last man standing mode in other games with stealthers. there are various easy mechanics to solve this. even wow had one in its arena system.

you could put a power up of stealth detection at certain places and you can start increasing stealth detection after some time too.

@topic: i would love something like this. but most important for me are arenas, 2on2 / 3on3 / 4on4

I can see the tears now with the teams that consist of 5 healers, 2 tanks and a stealth DPS. You thought stacking healers in voidstar was bad. Put that in a place where you don't have to spread out and can have your group of aoe heals match or outpace the aoe incomming damage.

Anyone who uses the term "real pvper" is usually far from it. Anyone who plays pvp is a pvper, and they exist so the term makes no sense.

If they want small scale arenas I would not object but last man standing is a dumb idea.

Is anyone else sick of objective based pvp?

Why cant we just have one warzone where there is actual pvp and pvp actually matters!

If this game is truly considered half pvp, then please Bioware, make some real pvp and STOP just STOP with the objective based pvp game.

You will have no pvp player base left in a few months if this dont get addressed, I am sure not many people that actually play this game just to pvp will be here if 2 things dont happen.

1- Warzone with "king of the hill" status atleast its more about pvp than pvo, or a real deathmatch, more kills = win.

2- Ilum isnt fixed where it is actually about faction vs faction and just pvp... Lots of threads on this issue, so i wont go into it....

Why call it deathmatch when you mean give me wow arena.

If they decide to implement it later i hope they make it bigger at least 8v8 minimum so it dont end up like wow where the classes look different but are the same.

because that doesn't already happen right now? :rolleyes:

Thing is if they implement DM WZ's, people will want balance for that. This would eventually lead to people wanting Team Deathmatch, which is no different from Arena to me, and as such that would become the basis on which all balance in determined.

And then WZ's would become unplayable, much like WoW's are for the most part since the PvP game is based around 3v3 balance, instead of general/objective pvp.

It's not that I don't want a DM style WZ, I just don't like where it'll lead to; Give them an inch, they'll take a mile, springs to mind.

there really should be a warzone where if you die you cannot respawn and the last player remaining has bragging rights on the ranks or whatever. then you see who can stealth the bestestest!!!

fixed

Thing is if they implement DM WZ's, people will want balance for that. This would eventually lead to people wanting Team Deathmatch, which is no different from Arena to me, and as such that would become the basis on which all balance in determined.

And then WZ's would become unplayable, much like WoW's are for the most part since the PvP game is based around 3v3 balance, instead of general/objective pvp.

It's not that I don't want a DM style WZ, I just don't like where it'll lead to; Give them an inch, they'll take a mile, springs to mind.

They already balance classes as if we're doing Arena. Why else is JC/SI not nerfed for Huttball?

Edited by Havocx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.