The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BW, you absolutely must roll back the zero credits for WZs nerf

yukirshiro

To give a little update, one of the devs posted that some of the rewards haven't been properly applied to the test server yet.

The money thing might just be a result of that.

Let's hope so, I'm not exactly into making money through PvP but credits rewards are fine the way they are, getting them to absolutely nothing would be a game breaker when levelling alts. :confused:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To give a little update, one of the devs posted that some of the rewards haven't been properly applied to the test server yet.

The money thing might just be a result of that.

lol, way to save face Bioware!

I hope it's true though

Its a PVE game not pvp, You peeps who just PVP for xp and credits are destroying the game, take xp and credits from PVP, for one you dont have equipment loss and dont have pay for repairs, if you want PVP then do it for fun not a gear grind are credit farming.. Bioware should have never introduced XP and credit per game into launch.. Other MMO have done this and had change their PVP system too. It makes for poor play.. I would think down the road they will introduce brackets for pvp.. The daily I understand as a missoin reward. currently there are player who dont even have their ship yet //lol and some of them cant do flashpoints due to missing certian missoins, The whole money thing was poorly launched, if you want pvp gear then you will get ur comms to buy it, Just like other MMO's,

on side note Bioware could have kept alot of players playing if they did this at launch..lol made brackets and zero xp for warzones, it would forced peeps into leveling and kept their subs longer...

Yes, "force" people to play a game other than what they really enjoy, that definetly keeps me subbed longer...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Tic-

People need to learn to read the dev tracker:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3563455#edit3563455

Guys,

We've changed the way rewards are given in Warzones (rewards are now based on participation - if you idle, you get nothing), and this has resulted in you seeing some odd values on PTS.

The current credit and XP numbers you are seeing are temporary. In a future patch to PTS, you will provide the necessary data for the system to allocate proper rewards.

Sorry for the confusion here, but it's the nature of the test server to sometimes receive incomplete systems. If we intended the current behavior to be final, you would have seen a patch note explaining this change.

TL;DR: Don't worry too much. You're looking at temporary data. Credit and XP rewards for Warzones, while changed to take participation into account, are not significantly changed from the numbers you've seen before. We expect some changes (as you are more likely to lose games early in your career, so we want to compensate for that), but nothing is finalized yet.

This guy is the biggest idiot ive heard on the forums till this day.

LOL credit farming? hhahahahaha

Someone has clearly never played a warzone before and obviously is strickly a PVEr only.

Go back to your quests WoW kiddie

Ive played a WZ....

I went afk for 5 mins, Won the match got 10k cred's, 1000 valor, 76 coms and a pat on the back....

I did nothing..

PVP is carebear in this game.

Ive played a WZ....

I went afk for 5 mins, Won the match got 10k cred's, 1000 valor, 76 coms and a pat on the back....

I did nothing..

So a bunch of other guys carried you to some rewards because you're a horrible teammate? And somehow that's carebear? I can assure you carrying your dead weight is far from carebear.

Ive played a WZ....

I did nothing..

You're clearly mixing up the meaning of "carebear" in MMOs and how it's applied to those who deserve the label.

What you did in your WZ experience was become an AFKer d***.

There's nothing carebear about that. You're just a d*** not helping his team.

Ive played a WZ....

I did nothing..

I had my suspicions about you, and you verified them. You exploiting a flaw in the WZ mechanic and making your team carry you doesn't make PVP carebear, nor does it validate your opinion.

Edited by Gonewild

Wow. If that's serious, its the worst change ever. If you're pvping below 50 at all you need the cash to supplement your income. If you don't have slicing and you PvP you're going to be extremely poor all game.

Ive played a WZ....

I did nothing..

Man I wish I knew that. We can ALL just go afk and get wins and credits. Most importantly, it's insanely FUN.

There are a lot of people that are dedicated to PvP and really enjoy it...do it a lot, and only PvE a little to raid with their guild or get a daily/weekly done, but they spend most of their time in warzones PvP'ing. Since raids don't really give any money and drain it if the group wipes, players such as myself has zero income without a little bit off the warzones. It doesn't seem like its too much now. I am not poor but I am far from rich on any characters. I got enough to pay the bills and a bit extra in case I want something nice one day. Are they forcing us to run boring PvE dailies to get cash?? Thats the only other realy source of income at 50 and its way better income than any number of warzones...just totally not interesting to me or fun in any way. I love PvP. Why can't we PvP and bank a little coin too...so dumb.

why 35 pages with qq about numbers don't showing property on pst? bw has made a change that is well needed to punish the leechers to earn zero credits, for the rest of you that is actually doing an effort will not notice a credit loss at all, you get rewarded for doing something.

Bioware needs to pay some attention to this. Credits from warzones are very important both in the leveling process and at the endgame. As a pvp-er and a pve-er it allows me to have a small but constant cash flux that helps with repairs and other stuff. I still NEED to do dailies for all my expeditures, but credits from pvp help A LOT.

As the OP said, removing credits from 1-49 makes pvp in that bracket just useless towards the leveling process, even though its fun.

Guys,

We've changed the way rewards are given in Warzones (rewards are now based on participation - if you idle, you get nothing), and this has resulted in you seeing some odd values on PTS.

The current credit and XP numbers you are seeing are temporary. In a future patch to PTS, you will provide the necessary data for the system to allocate proper rewards.

Sorry for the confusion here, but it's the nature of the test server to sometimes receive incomplete systems. If we intended the current behavior to be final, you would have seen a patch note explaining this change.

TL;DR: Don't worry too much. You're looking at temporary data. Credit and XP rewards for Warzones, while changed to take participation into account, are not significantly changed from the numbers you've seen before. We expect some changes (as you are more likely to lose games early in your career, so we want to compensate for that), but nothing is finalized yet.

I believe you guys don't need to worry about not getting credits from WZ's.

Really? First I heard of this, this is horrible! This is hurting PVP players, and discouraging some of the incentive for non-PvPers. It's not like the credit gain from PvP is that big anyway, now people who do mostly PvP are going to be relatively poor. Weak.

If this is actually true, and I have my doubts, it will empty the 1-49 WZs, there will be no reason to level alts through PVP as fun as WZs can be.

People will not do them for long when they watch their main toons bank balance drop through the floor. Unless of course they have too much time on thier hands and can run a full PVE toon at the same time to subsidise.

In some ways this kind of thing will stop some people rolling alts, and this will have an adverse effect on the levelling fun for everyone if you struggle to find people to do heroics with etc.

Do we want to see servers full of L50's bunnyhopping around the fleet and the rest of the galaxy empty of alts?

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen