Yeah, might be quitting after 1.2 pvp launches

doromleynek

So let's see, in 1.2

PvP = super amazingly easy to get gear, no point in trying in WZs now, ranked or not

Valor has no purpose anymore

New Gear is lame, esp for Jedi knights, I feel sorry for those guys

Ranked gear and non rank gear = same stats but rank is prettier =.=

sigh, is BioWare stupid or did WoW infiltrate into this game and is screwing it up so bad that people will return to WoW?

Still dont understand this attitude. I am almost Valor 80, grinded all my BM gear. I have no problem with people getting the same gear, it levels the playing field and I promise ill still be near the top of every wz leaderboard.

Gear based pvp does not show skill. I am sorry you are losing your crutch.

making top rated gear the same as solo que rated gear is stupid this patch wont get the masses who left to rejoin ill tell you that which is sad. Also the armor styles are garbage and they need to hire a japanese team or something hell some highschoolers in middle america could come up with something better than the upcoming gear.

The gearwhore grindaholic whiners are quitting?! :eek:

onoes, wutevr r we gonna do?

*Oh yeah, play the game, socialize, pve, pvp and think to ourselves every day "Thank god all those kids left."*

I believe you just said buh bye! to 20% of the player base and 60%+ of the PvP-ers

Now don't worry guys! This is PRE-Season one, so the season hasn't started meaning all the easy gear your seeing is just temporary gonna be replaced by a REAL system, Coming Soon .

How pvp should be.

PVP is about competition not progression and grinding 12 hours a day.

I'm so glad Bioware is getting this and GW2 is hitting a homerun with their PVP system. I'm so glad people like the OP won't buy GW2 once they find out about their pvp gear system :p

I believe you just said buh bye! to 20% of the player base and 60%+ of the PvP-ers

Now don't worry guys! This is PRE-Season one, so the season hasn't started meaning all the easy gear your seeing is just temporary gonna be replaced by a REAL system, Coming Soon .

Um, any serious PVPer doesn't give a damn about gear progression. Go to Arenajunkies.com or any actual pvp website and you'll understand that the vast majority of good pvpers want a balanced system where everyone has the same gear like GW2 is providing.

There is no way in hell 60% of pvpers in this game are going to be quitting after this patch. 60% of pvpers aren't even battlemaster let alone war hero.

Edited by KhealThar

Um, any serious PVPer doesn't give a damn about gear progression. Go to Arenajunkies.com or any actual pvp website and you'll understand that the vast majority of good pvpers want a balanced system where everyone has the same gear like GW2 is providing.

There is no way in hell 60% of pvpers in this game are going to be quitting after this patch. 60% of pvpers aren't even battlemaster let alone war hero.

Yea but progression is what keeps you coming back after 1 or 2 days. I reached 2400 rating in WoW in november and I can tell you sure as hell that I would not have have pvp-ed for over a year to get JUST that title and the achievement.

And no 60% of PvP-ers wont be quitting but the guy I quoted was implying they would. You dont have to be BM to appreciate the incentive for there been BM armor.

I would much prefer skill based over gear based pvp.

There are other ways to denote progression in pvp rather than upgrades that increase performance against other players- vanity items for instance.

Making pvp less gear-centric will require players to rely on skill and allow skill players to shine.

An even playing field- that's what I'm looking forward to with patch 1.2. I only hope that I can achieve 65 valor before the patch in order to buy the discontinued mount.

Edited by Gonewild

Still dont understand this attitude. I am almost Valor 80, grinded all my BM gear. I have no problem with people getting the same gear, it levels the playing field and I promise ill still be near the top of every wz leaderboard.

How dare you say that we are dependent on gear to be uber. How. Dare. You.

I wake up every day before starting my gear grind and say to myself "you know what? I am a good player and I will work very hard and all day for my gear. So what if baddies have jobs and can't keep up with my incredibalness. I will get my wins anyway i can. And guess what? I will show you all by quitting this game if people start hacking and winning once they get this gear."

You know what? I know how to change the tires on my bicycle. So don't tell me what I can and can not do! I don't knead you to tell me that I'm not good enough because I'm already awesome. The baddies can just eat it.

With that being said.

/sarcasm off :D

no the bads are all threatening to rage quit because their gear that makes them so overpowered will be available to other players, leveling the playing field so skill > gear.

your time is running out gear kiddies.

QFT

jesus **** this needs to be posted all over for every little whiner to read.

Sigh, another one of those threads it seems.

Listen, I've got 2 battlemaster characters, one I grinded at release and one with the new and improved quick valor system. One thing I can say for sure is that new 50s should NOT be required to grind for their gear to be competitive in warzones. Would I love to be rewarded with a unique gear for all my efforts in pvp? Sure, it would be nice. But it wouldn't make much of a difference. I play for the FUN of PvP and occasional gear progression is all that I desire.

My problem is the lack of visual representation of the jedi knight end game armor (so far only columi/rakata art is good looking). I'm NOT a space samurai... I should not look like one. :mad:

lol all this upset over gear yet look at it lmao. They better re do that gear before this goes live. The only thing upsetting me in 1.2 is nothing to do might unsub and come back when they get actual open world going. New warzones dont interest me that legacy is jusr rehashed content to get people away from end game bieng crap. Oh look everyone has force choke an orbital strike there all purebloods smugglers!! woohoo

The gear was about the only thing left to do. Running warzones over and over and over again get boring. I don't know how people do it day in and day out.

There needs to be some meaningful RVR or open world stuff to keep people.

People are leaving because they are bored or unhappy. Big old sledgehammer nerfs will do that too.

The thing is we want a trophy for owning you bads and other competitve teams. This new age everyone gets a trophy for participating is crap. weapon/shoulder/head should be gated or at the very least weapon. Not many will pay a monthly sub if there is no carrot on a stick to chase to be honest.

So let's see, in 1.2

PvP = super amazingly easy to get gear, no point in trying in WZs now, ranked or not

Valor has no purpose anymore

New Gear is lame, esp for Jedi knights, I feel sorry for those guys

Ranked gear and non rank gear = same stats but rank is prettier =.=

sigh, is BioWare stupid or did WoW infiltrate into this game and is screwing it up so bad that people will return to WoW?

AAAWWWQQ!!!!!! People can get gear easier this is so terrible. it just opens up the playing field for more pvpers to get into pvp faster meaning more competition and more pvp. GOOD THING

AAAWWWWWQQ!!!!!!!!!!!! Valor was a waste before and the only reason anyone ground in out was for the BM gear. If it wasn't for that you wouldn't of bothered with the crap.

AAAAWWWWQQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The gear is ugly but 1.2 is opening up customization for us to look even better than normal!

AAAWWWWWQQ!!!!!!! All the war hero gear is the same but looks, refer to previous line.