Patch 1.2...killing operatives/scoundrels for good

GeoLager

The damage doesn't concern me, as that shifts constantly over time. I did however think they would fix the atrocious resource mechanic, which they didn't really touch.

They fixed it until they now require backstab to cost energy and increase its cooldown (which also nerfs acid blade)

The nerf operatives/scoundrels are seeing is actually a bigger nerf to sustained dps than they saw in 1.1.

Yes, its that bad.

Edited by Paralassa
content

This is quickly reminding me of what happened the first 3 months of Rift. Constant class tweaking/nerfing makes me shake my head and eventually just not log in anymore. Can't wait for TSW and GW2.

Rift really needed it because of the insane amount of builds that were available (although some changes were highly questionable).

SWTOR should have no excuse for this ridiculousness.

This is quickly reminding me of what happened the first 3 months of Rift. Constant class tweaking/nerfing makes me shake my head and eventually just not log in anymore. Can't wait for TSW and GW2.
I think BioWare would have been better served to do class balance more like WoW handled it back in vanilla days. Basically concentrate on a single class each mini-patch. Devote their full attention and do a really good job on each class one at a time. It seems like an easier way to balance than adjusting all classes at once.

But maybe players don't have the patience for that kind of approach anymore.

I wasn't aware that a link was required to get onto the PTS.

oh you mean those changes p.e. for the BM vibroknife:

-14 Cunning

-17 Endurance

+32 Expertise

+51 Accuracy

yeah they seem to fix everything /lol

25%increase in cd of backstab and 25%increase in cd of acid blade +5energy cost of baackstab +energy on acid blade -10%damage on lacerate and etc are so tottally counteracted by the nerfed stats of end game gear :D

At least they buffed healing a bit.

I am used to get a concealment nerf every patch. Nothing new.

Our energy mechanic is still a problem but they wont change it anytime soon because they wont admit it didnt work out and classes have to be different.

The real joke especially for rated warzones like huttball is still our lack of (pvp) utility. Its actually knockball or displacementball.

Could anybody link me the list of new utility skills we get 1.2?

Our lethality tree doesnt work at all in pvp. Its a leftover shared tree designed for snipers.

Could anybody link me the redesigned lethality tree please?

My mage in Rift was 2x buffed and 2x nerfed and BW cant fix a tree after 4-6 months?

Edited by tharnvedra

With the Medicine buff and Sorc / Merc nerfs, OPs are now great healers. The change to Lethality makes it competitive as it solves the energy problem in the rotation.

Conc gets nerfed, because its fairly obvious why a class built around killing full health targets quickly out-of-stealth can't be allowed, especially with ranged DPS being nerfed.

Edited by subrosian

Great point Morkhon. This patch just tries to do too much. It angers and frustates too many people by trying to do this much and it is almost impossible to find balance when changing this much. I mean just think back to doing experiments. What bioware is doing is like changing all of the variables in your experiment at the same time.

With the Medicine buff and Sorc / Merc nerfs, OPs are now great healers. The change to Lethality makes it competitive as it solves the energy problem in the rotation.

Conc gets nerfed, because its fairly obvious why a class built around killing full health targets quickly out-of-stealth can't be allowed, especially with ranged DPS being nerfed.

Concealment doesn't kill anything quickly unless its a new level 50 in blue/orange gear.

Tanks can actually self heal through concealment's damage.

So, dishonesty isn't cool man.

Edited by GeoLager

Yes, I'm sure that's why they buffed the burst damage and nerfed the sustained damage.

Oh wait...

I stopped playing swtor 3 weeks ago. done only 1 operation in that time. I went in and looked at the new 1.2 changes to see if i should start playing again..... No... No reson to start again....Still BORKED due to PVP complaints.

Abilitys Bioware ignored changing that are not working as intended.

Diagnostic scan is in game and it is a terrible way of wasting talent points into.

Slow releese med-pack... Stack twice to be effective. Bioware did change it to stack twice initial cast. So we still need to waste time and GCD on casting them.

Still 3 second before the heal hits the target casting slow release med-pack. Still not a instant cast LOL.

Scoundrel still dont have a Damage mitigation tool to use on tanks or mele dps.

Kolto pack is unchanged. It heals for nothing and it consumes upper hand.....Still lackluster heal together with Diagnostic scan.

So Bioware Semi fixed Diagnostic scan and actually fixed Kolto cloud. But they still need to add a damage mitigation mechanic and do somthing about Kolto pack that is terrible.

This time its 2 Scoundrels that teams up that piss people of.....So they need to nerf the class even more :S

-K.O. no longer experiences a delay in its knockdown effect. Yay the fix the bug...

-Sucker Punch now costs 10 Energy (down from 15) and deals approximately 10% less damage. Nerf.

Rember Socker punch needs a "upper hand" to use....

- Back Blast now has a 12-second cooldown up from 9 seconds CD, and deals approximately 5% more damage.

-Shoot First now has an added 7.5-second cooldown. This is added to stop going out of stealth for using Shoot first twice in a chain attack. PVP exploit......

This game is ALL ABOUT PVP ISNT IT ??? pathetic.....

I HATE the changes that they do for the scrapper tree, but i want to see first how do i deal with this changes and then decide if i have to play again with my main ( consular shadow ) or change my tree for sawbones.

I like the dobbelt first shoot within 2 sec it really makes the opponent go *** just happened and that stuns him atleast 1 to 2 sec more before he starts to defend himself and then he will be stunned again and most likely dead... after that im defenseless for 2 min and shouldnt engage in a 100% hp person;)

I think the cd is ok to get rid of this kind of tactic, but they need to up the dps of first shoot though.

So let me get this straight..

Scoundrels/Operatives were pretty strong when the game first came out, as were every other class. Our burst was what made us strong.

So to combat our burst, they nerf our opener and nerf our sustained damage from the armor penetration bonus. Now our burst is lackluster and can only easily take out people in greens or blues if we have quite a bit of expertise. Even Sages/Sorcs can easily heal through our burst and they don't have to be specced to heal.

But somehow, they still think our burst is too strong. So to combat this, they actually buff our initial burst (Backblast damage) but nerf our sustain again by increasing its cooldown (which is an invisible nerf to Flachette Round) as well as lowering the damage of Sucker Punch with only gaining some of it back by putting into the new talent in the tree. At this point there isn't going to be much of a damage difference between Shoot First and Backblast

basically, they buff our burst slightly, but still beat our sustain with the nerf-bat when it already had issues? I don't get it.

Some people think Scoundrel/Operatives weren't able to get purple knives/shotguns before the patch, and that finally being able to RE some is a huge boost. It really doesn't change much of the leveling experience.

Now maybe if all Scoundrel armor started giving tech power.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.