The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

R.I.P Pyro Powertech.

Shogunjedi

i think if any spec needs buffing for powertechs its advanced prototype

since from what ive looked at,pyrotech was already noticably better then advanced prototype,and all they've did so far to advanced prototype was just add in some slow that would be worthless in pve anyway

might as well roll a merc,since thats what your playing when you go pyrotech anyway i thought.a ranged class

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if any spec needs buffing for powertechs its advanced prototype

since from what ive looked at,pyrotech was already noticably better then advanced prototype,and all they've did so far to advanced prototype was just add in some slow that would be worthless in pve anyway

might as well roll a merc,since thats what your playing when you go pyrotech anyway i thought.a ranged class

They received little buffs .

Charged Gauntlets now triggers from damage dealt such that the bleed caused by Retractable Blade can trigger the buff. It now has a visual effect.

Kolto Vents has been replaced by Hamstring, which causes Retractable Blade to slow the target by 30% for 6 seconds.

But its not enough i agree with you.

Prior to the patch you could open with Ion Pulse/FlameWhatever to apply burning for Rail Shot/High Impact Bolt. Now you're forced to use the overly expensive Incendiary Missile/Round. If you open with Ion Pulse you'll just get a wasted proc and won't get another for 6 seconds.

If this change goes through they need to make it so that it will not proc unless Rail Shot is already on cooldown. The spec will have massive ammo problems in PvP otherwise.

Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 seconds.

You still need flameburst to trigger this proc.

Unless they removed CGC procing off Flameburst.

I wish they would put 3 points talent deep in a Pyro tree that would lower Cd to 6 secs flat.

They received little buffs .

Charged Gauntlets now triggers from damage dealt such that the bleed caused by Retractable Blade can trigger the buff. It now has a visual effect.

Kolto Vents has been replaced by Hamstring, which causes Retractable Blade to slow the target by 30% for 6 seconds.

But its not enough i agree with you.

ya

but i dont know,from looking at a actual pyrotech powertech rotation.im thinkin there more melee centered then what i first figured

so i guess maybe it just all comes down to finding a good pyrotech powertech video.and a good advanced prototype powertech video and watching them both and seeing which playstyle looks more appealing to me

cuz thats kinda how i got started with a juggernaught except the fact that i really liked playing warriors in world of warcraft

Time to spec Advanced Prototype . I always wanted to spec AP for PVP but pyro was too amazing to pass up. Now i have my chance , and hopefully QQers will pick the next target and it wont be my class. I will continue to destroy idiots in PVP playing my next class , hopefully someday they will realised that its not the class , its them.

Bioware listening to qq, fixing stuff that aint broken and screwing up more and more with each patch , i will be playing till GW2 or even Tera wont come out , but when they do , i am going and not coming back , ive lost my faith in you .

Vanguard Saga of Heroes In Space .

Lol the only person qqing is you.

There are similar posts for every class and spec which makes it clear who the bads are.

Lol the only person qqing is you.

There are similar posts for every class and spec which makes it clear who the bads are.

There is a difference between QQ about other classes being Overpowered, and raging because company makes one mistake after another and eventually nerfing your underplayed class because of other people QQ.

You still need flameburst to trigger this proc.

That's not what I'm talking about.

Currently the proper PvP rotation is something like:

Assault Plastique->Ion Pulse->Railgun->Shock/Ion to proc Rail Gun

After the change you will have to do:

Incendiary->Assault Plastique->Railgun->Shock/Ion to proc

If you use Flameburst/Ion Pulse before you've used Railgun it won't be on cooldown yet and you'll have a wasted proc. This is going to lead to some nasty ammo issues in PvP. Incendiary is too expensive to be used as an opener.

I have to agree, I don't see how this helps our damage at all, as best case, after we proc a rail shot, we can't proc again for 6 seconds, and then we have to hope the extra 15% chance to proc they gave us makes us proc on that first GCD after the 6 seconds, which it easily might not. We can still lose to a RNG, we just can't win against it now.

The more depressing issue is the heat management, as those free rail shots would vent 18 heat. I guess this means i'll actually use TD as something other than a Gap closer, but we're still going to lose a lot of damage due to being forced to rapid shot in between our at best every 5th attack being a rail shot.

Also really hurts our burst damage, as we can no longer push the limit with vent heat up, but I could live with that. The thing that really bugs me, is we weren't given anything to make up for this. No, Quell doesn't count, every body gets a free interupt now. That's just more a nerf to healers in pvp.

That's not what I'm talking about.

Currently the proper PvP rotation is something like:

Assault Plastique->Ion Pulse->Railgun->Shock/Ion to proc Rail Gun

After the change you will have to do:

Incendiary->Assault Plastique->Railgun->Shock/Ion to proc

If you use Flameburst/Ion Pulse before you've used Railgun it won't be on cooldown yet and you'll have a wasted proc. This is going to lead to some nasty ammo issues in PvP. Incendiary is too expensive to be used as an opener.

Sorry confused ion pulse with ion gas cylinder =)

Heat will build up faster , i dont see a filler ability here.

Flameburst, Rail Shot , Rocket punch , Flameburst ,Unload ,Rail Shot or Flameburst.

If more then 10 feet away then its TD instead of FB. TD, RS, FB, RP, FB , RS .

Sigh.

Flameburst, Rail Shot , Rocket punch , Flameburst ,Unload ,Rail Shot or Flameburst.

If more then 10 feet away then its TD instead of FB. TD, RS, FB, RP, FB , RS .

Sigh.

Exactly. Now imagine having to start with Incendiary Missile every time. You can kiss your heat management goodbye. This spec already had serious heat problems in PvP. Going to be unmanageable after the change.

It's annoying because it's one of those gotcha changes. On the surface there is nothing wrong with a 6s CD for the proc. The devs probably haven't even contemplated that our PvP rotation will be borked to uselessness.

pyro will actually be fine. yes we cant get back to back railshot procs anymore, but nor will we run into the situation as often where we get no procs for 15 seconds and we do crap for damage and are overheating for the next 10-20 seconds and are stuck with basic attack during that timeframe.

the only RIP is carolina parakeet, that spec got destroyed by 1.2

Yes you can. When you get a RS proc, don't use it right away. Wait ~4-5 seconds before using, and the internal cool down on the proc will be over, allowing you a good chance to proc another.

Exactly. Now imagine having to start with Incendiary Missile every time. You can kiss your heat management goodbye. This spec already had serious heat problems in PvP. Going to be unmanageable after the change.

It's annoying because it's one of those gotcha changes. On the surface there is nothing wrong with a 6s CD for the proc. The devs probably haven't even contemplated that our PvP rotation will be borked to uselessness.

They need to make rail shot vent around 20 heat to justify the cost.

Or give us passive venting ability similar to AP talent.

This is why trying to balance a game without actually playing it has serious problems. I guess we didn't really want the ability to kill anyone, ever.

The 6 sec cooldown pretty much killed your ability to do anything to a healer or anyone with minor support. The burst capability just turned into sustained dps that has no place in PvP. This is also going to wreck what little heat management Pyro has other than doing nothing. Best part is that incendiary is still prohibitive to use if you want to do anything else.

From what the patch notes said, you have to wait 6 seconds until another chance for a proc instead of spamming unload and flameburst for a proc at your pleasing in the current state. The 6 second proc will also likely affect sweltering heat snare procs, 2 second snare every 6 seconds instead of back to back, which really sucks if you're going to be kiting (important for merc).

The burst capability just turned into sustained dps that has no place in PvP.

You're wrong on that one, sustained damage certainly has it's place in PvP. Pyro neither has the resource management nor the survivability for such a role though.

From what the patch notes said, you have to wait 6 seconds until another chance for a proc instead of spamming unload and flameburst for a proc at your pleasing in the current state. The 6 second proc will also likely affect sweltering heat snare procs, 2 second snare every 6 seconds instead of back to back, which really sucks if you're going to be kiting (important for merc).

Sweltering Heat has nothing to do with Prototype's ICD, I don't know why you think that makes sense.

They are buffing pyrotech.

Guaranteed burst every 6 seconds > maybe burst.

This is a common misconception the % buff is 10% meaning every 6 secs you have 60% chance to proc it.

In conclusion yes its a nerf, the biggest nerf up to today. What you will notice if 1.2 goes live? You wont have super high RNG procs, but you WILL have super low dps due to RNG.

pyro will actually be fine. yes we cant get back to back railshot procs anymore, but nor will we run into the situation as often where we get no procs for 15 seconds and we do crap for damage and are overheating for the next 10-20 seconds and are stuck with basic attack during that timeframe.

the only RIP is carolina parakeet, that spec got destroyed by 1.2

why is it called carolina parakeet ?

such a stupid sounding name, sorry bit of topic but couldn't take the stupid name anymore.

This hurts opening with Flame Burst first unless they fix it so it can't proc while Rail shot is not on cooldown, then the change won't be so bad..However if they don't change that, it's a massive nerf to the spec.

why is it called carolina parakeet ?

such a stupid sounding name, sorry bit of topic but couldn't take the stupid name anymore.

its when the carolina parakeet bird went instinct. the spec corresponds to the date that bird bite the dust.