1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

Well, looks like it's not coming early april after all, no patch this coming tuesday, so earliest 17th april, and that is mid/late april. If we even see it then, that is.

Just because its not hitting tues dosnt mean it wont happen next week. more than likely and all indications point to it being wed-thursday of next week same as 1.1 when it was released.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm sure everyone cares and BW will release a rushed patch that breaks more than it fixes JUST so you won't leave us! The nerve of these people...

Did i say that they rush it for me? you really need to work on your reading skills.All i am trying to say is that if it release this month fine or i will be moving on since lots of interesting games are releasing soon. You get butt hurt very easily my friend.

Edited by Gorrdan

What a stupid thread! you never know when a patch is going to come out! You just have to wait and see!

They usually send you an email to let you know the new patch is out so just sit back and wait!

What a stupid thread! you never know when a patch is going to come out! You just have to wait and see!

They usually send you an email to let you know the new patch is out so just sit back and wait!

Or we can know how long we have to wait for... not a stupid question really.

Me neither, the ambiguity of the release window is frustrating, I feel like all this work I'm putting into Crew Skills will be worthless soon.

Wait?! What is happening to crew skills? I just started this game. Is there some place that will give me a general run down on this patch?

Actually, they said it'll be out on the 10th of April.

edit: it seems some other sources are saying the exact day is not known, but they said it would be next week

Edited by Nindoriel

I rather them push it back honestly. This patch is massive, and with some considering that the game hinges on this patches success any major flaws could be detrimental to the future of TOR.

Testing is already hard as you cannot transfer finished characters into the PTS, and a lot of the changes are end game oriented.

I might be on page 300 something at the moment, as I have just opened this particular thread to read it and have not even caught on to the page count.

Having said that, this particular persons post has caught my attention.

I appologise, but, the whole legacy thing, the whole MAJORITY of the patch that is supposed to come through should have... come through at launch. Not a personal dig, but this is how it is. Yet, when reading further down. I agree.

To only one thing.

For a lot of people this patch will either be a break or make. I say break first mainly due to the lack of engagement from the Dev and BW community leaders thus far, basically the guys in charge. Which to me means one of several things, but mainly that yes, they have realized that they have made mistakes. Big glaring ones, and now to engage in the community is far to risky.

Why?

Here are two basic reasons. Promises, hope and expectations. Promises that they will get things out on time and on schedule which will fix whatever glaring f up that they have made. This in turn raises hope, if communicated to community that is, now you have expectations and say something happens and things go BOOM, or are delayed, those three things I've mentioned can turn people into very nasty lil things. Not to mention that the company may be held accountable. Which raises a number of other issues.

But honestly, I have a feeling that this patch will be held back untill a certain other game gets released in order to keep the players back as its a leveraging tool. After all make or break.

Actually, they said it'll be out on the 10th of April.
At PAX it slipped that it was coming on Tuesday. That was then corrected, and clarified the patch was not going live on April 10. At the same time a separate source stated that the slip-up was a big hint regarding the patch release date.

At PAX it slipped that it was coming on Tuesday. That was then corrected, and clarified the patch was not going live on April 10. At the same time a separate source stated that the slip-up was a big hint regarding the patch release date.

I stand corrected then. I read different things on different sites. At least we won't have to wait much longer.

I believe they said they were going to let us know prior to the patch drop that it was coming out. Unless we're about to get a big memo tomorrow, it seems unlikely that it will be Tuesday. A lot is hinging on this patch and I would also rather see it pushed back than rushed, so I'm crossing my fingers that it has the impact it is expected to have.

some time next week according to this post in darthhater

Source: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20063-star-wars-the-old-republic-patch-1-2-starts-to

will be intresting to see if they stick to their word or if they'll "push it back" another month because they couldn't finish it in time or w/e the heck their excuse was for not releasing it from the start/last month >: (

Edited by NatasKhan

Source: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20063-star-wars-the-old-republic-patch-1-2-starts-to

will be intresting to see if they stick to their word or if they'll "push it back" another month because they couldn't finish it in time or w/e the heck their excuse was for not releasing it from the start/last month >: (

And if they release it on time, but push it in with bugs, what will people say on here then, hmm?

I think all of the above is mistaken... read this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3775494#edit3775494

Just to confirm, we are not going to be deploying Game Update 1.2 on Tuesday. This was a minor text error that has since been corrected. I'll be closing this thread and redirecting you all to this main discussion that is currently underway. Rest assured, that you will know ahead of time when Game Update 1.2 is going to be released.

Thanks

Per Darthhater 1.2 will begin deployment next week

James Ohlen

Well, Star Wars: The Old Republic is already out, so I won't plug the gameplay because I am sure everyone already knows what that is. For 2012 we really want players to, going back to the subscription model, feel like they're getting their money's worth. So the scope of our game updates in 2012 is going to be unimaginable. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.