Am I the only one that hates thier companions?

kirorx

I hate my companions. They aggro NPCS i dont want to fight all the time. The never know who to fight, I feel like i baby sit them.

I think my biggest isssue is how much i rely on them, I wish i could just opt out of using companions.

Anyone hates them?

Edited by kirorx

Odd, considering companions -can't- aggro anything unless they're attacking it. Try being more careful when you pull to make sure there are no patrollers, hmm?

And all it takes is a simple click to send them onto the one you want them to fight.

Edited by Darth-Rion

I hate my companions. They aggro NPCS i dont want to fight all the time. The never know who to fight, I feel like i baby sit them.

Anyone hates them?

Given the large number of people who killed their companions because it was fun during the beta, likely not.

That said, they eventually did regret their choice to off their companions.

I think my biggest isssue is how much i rely on them, I wish i could just opt out of using companions.

Anyone hates them?

My Main is currently a Vanguard and with Elara by my side, I feel unbeatable most of the time. Heck, I honestly wish I could have two companions out at a time while questing. Having Aric on DPS and Elara to heal while I tank.... who needs real people? :D

Anyone hates them?

Yeah, forcing pet management on all players and classes was probably a bad idea. I dislike companions and don't use one unless absolutely necessary.

Nope, one of the main reasons I am not continuing my sub. I cannot stand that I HAVE to level using a companion. Every other MMO on the face of this earth (at least the ones I have played) you have been able to choose between pet and non-pet classes.

Having to rely on my companion sux...

Anyone hates them?

Never happened to me... But I keep them on a short leash.

I'm really happy they are such a big part of the game (at least whilst leveling/soloing which is what I love to do anyway). Mostly because you play with group dynamics even when you're soloing - and since these games are designed around group combat, even solo encounters play out in a more interesting way. And I am quite fond of how you use them for crafting when they're kicking their heels on the ship!

Nope, one of the main reasons I am not continuing my sub. I cannot stand that I HAVE to level using a companion. Every other MMO on the face of this earth (at least the ones I have played) you have been able to choose between pet and non-pet classes.

Having to rely on my companion sux...

You don't have to use it? I solo just fine and use my companions for crafting.

I like the companion mechanic, for a pet class, the coding is pretty tight. My main problem with companions is the static set you are given. I'd prefer to have 1 or 2 main companions to tie in with the story, but be allowed to select from a pool of companions that you meet in cantinas across the galaxy. Gimme come options!

Companions cannot aggro anything, in fact if you send a companion in to a mob another wandering mob will not join the fight unless it walks into "help" range. If you fought the same mob that wanderer would aggro when it was in aggro range of you.

Companions will join a fight when you run past if another player is fighting a mob, but that is the only time that they misbehave.

As a healer I love mine, Akaavi Spaar fully decked out in orange rarely needs any help in combat, I can just stand back and heal/crowd control.

i don't like having to take sergeant rusk as a companion on my sentinel, i actually have never taken him out for combat so all he does is crew skill missions, for a skilled republic trooper it really seems like a waste to have him spending his days guarding my ship when he could be leading an elite republic squad somewhere.

Also when my sith warrior gets to the point i do want to

kill malavi quinn

and i don't care if i lose my healer, we should be able to get a replacement anyway.

I never had any trouble with my companions and I get enthousiastic everytime I get a new one.

If you hate them so much just use a healer. If (s)he still gets in the way you are the one doing something wrong...

Anyone hates them?

*raises hand*

They dont exactly ruin the game but theyre annoying to play with. I dont mind using them here and there but needing them all the time (specially at higher levels) is annoying. Game should not have been balanced around using them.

You can pretty much pretend they aren't there, unless you are trying to do something difficult, like take out a champion or something. Just keep 'em geared and let them do their own thing.

I like'em. I wish we could have more than one up at a time.

Nope, one of the main reasons I am not continuing my sub. I cannot stand that I HAVE to level using a companion.
You do not have to use a companion to level. You can group to do heroic quests (and solo ones for that matter) and flashpoint, or you can do PVP warzones.

If you don't want to group with other players, you have a selection of companions to group with.

Every other MMO on the face of this earth (at least the ones I have played) you have been able to choose between pet and non-pet classes.
There are no "pet classes" in SWTOR. Companions are not pets and are not an integral part of any class -- they are a tool to fill in gaps in the skill inventory of each class when other players are not available. Edited by sjmc

You do not have to use a companion to level. You can group to do heroic quests (and solo ones for that matter) and flashpoint, or you can do PVP warzones.

If you don't want to group with other players, you have a selection of companions to group with.

Very true statement I know a couple of folks that soloed all the way to 50 without their companions...no one is twisting your arm to use them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.