Need Nerf Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent

Aztecus

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind seeing these types of posts that call out a side and their classes if this was a game where it had racial bonuses that effected gameplay, special mechanics on that side, or different types of classes....but both sides have the same classes, just different names and visual effects.

If sorc and merc damages are way to much....then you have to admit that sages and mando damage is the same. IT IS. The only problem I see with the rep classes are that right now, and just right now that Imp is being played more and with better players. And population balance will change. It always does in side based games like this.

Nerf Trooper - Grav Round not Bounty Hunter

Compare Grav Round damage vs Tracer Missle Damage.

Imperial Operative & Republic Scoundrel - Nerf Stealth attack.

Healer - Nerf that too chain healing in pvp 5 healer's on one side in a warzone or more rediculous. Healer need's longer cool down timers.

Get a clue. Sorcs are one of the weaker classes at high skill-levels.

Operatives are fine currently i think. Their high burst damage is pretty much essential because of how easy they are to kite and because they lack group utility and are just plain easy to kill in a group setting. I personally think they should nerf their burst but give them a pretty significant sustained dps increase by increasing the amount of damage their dots do and also give them a "shadow-step" like ability (WoW ability) on a ~30 seconds cooldown. Their survivability would also need a slight boost if they were to significantly reduce their burst damage.

Pyro Powertechs are probably the strongest class right now. They have the best burst with the lowest amount of setup time and they can do it all at 30m. Their grapple is also one of the strongest abilities in the game currently in the hands of a skilled player. They're also extremely difficult to kill if they're good players because they can switch to Ion Gas Cylinder when they're being focused for ~55% damage reduction. They can also do stupid amounts of sustained burst damage depending on how lucky they are with railshot resets, i'm talking about basically 3.5K+3.5k (same moment), 2.5k, 3.5k, 2.5k, 3.5k with dots ticking for ~700 damage every 3 seconds (that's on BM geared players).

The railshot reset talent should have a 10second internal cooldown, thermal detonator upfront damage should be cut in half and then they should add a 9 second elemental dot that does the rest of the damage (this would be an overall damage buff, just less burst), reduce the range to use thermal detonator to 10m to make pyro play more like a true 'melee' class like it should be, and reduce the damage on railshot by 10% but increase the damage on incendiary missle's upfront damage by 20% and the dot portion by 10%. That would put the class in a pretty good spot.

LOLWAT.

So basically because the player is good, you want to nerf the class?

Get a clue. Team of 8 Sorcs vs team of 8 Operatives, the 8 Sorcs will win at Huttball 100% of the time.

OMG I just had a frickin' seizure thinking about that. My main is an operative healer and I have a sorc at lower 40's. The very thought of 8 sorcs rushing an all op team is akin to watching a pro football team take out the elementary kids football team.

It'd be fast, horrifying and brutal.

Poor ops. Smartest thing they could do in that situation is stealth away into a corner and cry until it's over..

I ask my self which criteria as been use to balance the abilities and dps for those two classes , I have a Consular Jedy , and I cannot kill Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent at all , no problem with the other classes that normally I kill them and they kill me , but with those two classes is impossible , I suggest that Bioware should work on this , otherwise in two month of time I'll get bored and leave this game.

Mirisa

Translation. Hi I am a little kid and play either a shadow/assassin (DOUBLE BLADED SABER LIKE DARTH MAUL) or a sage/sorc (UNLIMITED POWEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRR).

I am one of the most two stupidly overpopulated classes in the game. According to these forums (mostly little kids playing these specs) our classes are perfectly balanced but nerf everyone else.

I use terms like Bounty Hunter/agent because I have no clue that there are two AC's in these specs. First they tracer missile then they GRIP ME TO THEM!

Please nerf because I am horrible and play a faceroll dumbed down rogue class or the most dumbed down OP caster class ever seen in an mmo and STILL can't beat other classes.

IF you look on forum you will see that everyone (since damn near the whole forum plays these two stupid ac's) thinks these two classes are extremely balanced and everyone else needs nerfed!

Make it happen Bioware/EA! We need more people playing Inquisitard and counslaturd classes!

The agent, smuggler need to be nerfed with all the stuns they have, healers need to have the heals brought down when healing themselves cause then its not fair when i overheat and cant dps them but they can dps me it is very retarded

You're jokin yes?

Operative stuns:

1: Flashbang Grenade = good stun, until someone damages you, and it's pvp..so they're guna do that..right quick like. very unlikely to stun or hold someone for anything more than a few seconds, especially in Voidstar or Huttball. Better in alderann cuz people splinter more.

2: limited range knife throw (Not a stun, but a snare). Semi-ok for slowing down an oponent, best use is in huttball. Not entirely useful anywhere else. Good if im' trying to get away from someone who's face bashing me, but not great.

3: Finally the close range vibroblade stun. probably the best we have, holds up under damage for a bit and locks 'em down a few seconds, nothing super long and frankly you can escape out of it just like any other stun. Still, it's my old reliable I admit.

Now, that's the full extent of my stuns, WAIT, no I have one where I can stealth you and dart you, but..you have to not be fighting, I have to not be fighting...this is in pvp right? is this being used on you a lot? Cuz..yeh.

Now, as far as heals go, I've only done Operative healer and gotta say there are times where I giggle like a schoolkid when someone is trying to dps me when I'm below 30% and have tac advantage up. I just keep nailin my insta heal that respawns tac advantage and what I got there is an opponent 100% occupied and wrapped up in a futile effort to kill me. They will not succeed as long as I time my heal right, they're guna need to give up, or get a friend.

That being said, as much as I've tied up that one opponent who doesn't seem to realize they're not getting anywhere nor will they, it also pretty much locks me down as an effective healer. Still makes me giggle tho.

All in all, your statement is poo, in my opinion. thank you.

We need more people playing Inquisitard and counslaturd classes!

Hear hear! Because an overwhelming majority of the population having been proven to be playing these classes is not enough dammit! 100% Inqui/Couns population go! (just watch, it'll probably happen too)

Ignorant players will argue if every class has some OP mechanic or ability then the game is balanced, but that doesn't necessarily make it fun or skillful. Every class needs pretty massive overhauls to make this game balanced and fun in PvP.

So you want every class to be exactly the same so that the game can be balanced 1v1. This is a group based game, every class has strengths and weaknesses. The classes in a group PVP setting are actually quite balanced compared to games out right now that have had years to balance their classes. Sure certain classes could use a tweak, but all classes do not need a complete overhaul because you think a PT Pyrotech just does too much damage.

Wait...

The class that got nerfed into uselessness for any competitive PvP beyond ganking undergeared players in world PvP needs another nerf? Ops are pointless atm, they're a waste of a slot in PvP sadly (often in PvE too). A single sniper is ok, mostly because of the buff he brings, but at least his dps and such is decent.

Yes, Pyrotech could use a nerf, medics/tanks are fine where they are at. Even tracer missle/grav round spammers, while annoying, are pretty ok because as long as you pay attention with LoS/interrupts they get shut down hard. Sorc's are harder to shut down than the annoying TM/GR spammers once you get on them.

Wait...

The class that got nerfed into uselessness for any competitive PvP beyond ganking undergeared players in world PvP needs another nerf? Ops are pointless atm, they're a waste of a slot in PvP sadly (often in PvE too). A single sniper is ok, mostly because of the buff he brings, but at least his dps and such is decent.

Yes, Pyrotech could use a nerf, medics/tanks are fine where they are at. Even tracer missle/grav round spammers, while annoying, are pretty ok because as long as you pay attention with LoS/interrupts they get shut down hard. Sorc's are harder to shut down than the annoying TM/GR spammers once you get on them.

Seriously. Want to know how many op/scoundrels AS DPS I see in the 50 bracket now? None. Zero. Zilch. A few switched to dirty fighting (until the dot preventing caps thing was nerfed). A few just care about duels and do that all day. Most rerolled or went heals.

The only way you could possibly find op/scoundrel dps OP is if you are playing 10-49 against a twinked out high level op/scoundrel and that would still be based on a one on one argument (which is stupid).

I ask my self which criteria as been use to balance the abilities and dps for those two classes , I have a Consular Jedy , and I cannot kill Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent at all , no problem with the other classes that normally I kill them and they kill me , but with those two classes is impossible , I suggest that Bioware should work on this , otherwise in two month of time I'll get bored and leave this game.

Mirisa

BH JUST like troopers are strong , no joke about that.I cant really say if it is a balance issue. But i can say by far , they are one of the strongest classes IF you know what you are doing.

Now , IA/Smuggler really?

Get a clue. Sorcs are one of the weaker classes at high skill-levels.

LOL. By weaker you mean easier to hit 3 buttons to win at high levels right? Takes less skill to play? Absolutely? Weakest high level class? Riiiight...there's a reason the Sorc population across servers is what it is.

LOL. By weaker you mean easier to hit 3 buttons to win at high levels right? Takes less skill to play? Absolutely? Weakest high level class? Riiiight...there's a reason the Sorc population across servers is what it is.

If you check the 3v3 tourney thread you will find that Sorcs got rocked by pyros and maras.