Should we all late preorders cancel?

Ariadna

I can understand why people would be upset with the early access, if they couldn't read. I mean really how much more simple could they make it? "You may play up to 5 days early" in bold yellow letters. Key word may. Then again I guess it's too much to ask for some people to read a sentence and actually comprehend it.

PRE-ORDER NOW TO GET EARLY GAME ACCESS AND A COLOUR STONE TO CHANGE YOUR WEAPON EFFECT.

that's all it says in my preorder, not to mention that my husband was assured by the store employees we would get 5 days from doing so.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he did, that's nothing to do with BW or EA, that's the retailer. It's like being mad at the beer company cuz the Baseball stadium sells em for 8.25

I concur, but can't figure out why some people were charged for an EGA code.

I'd be upset if they made me pay for one and then I didn't get what I paid for. You wouldn't be?

Though I still judge that it is silly to cancel seeing how Bioware started EGA early and is trying to get people in.

If I had paid for EGA, I might be a little upset at the moment that I had no clue when/if I were going to get in.

THough the sticky Bioware posted did give feedback saying that initially there were a lot of preorders at the end of July then it slowed down. So I know they are giving us some info, but paying for something vice just getting for doing what you were already going to do (preorder the game) is something completely different.

I would like to know if it was Bioware's policy to charge extra for EGA where the person is located or if it were the retailer just trying to make more money. If the latter it seems Bioware has an interest in ensuring that doesn't happen. It is their product and their name that is on the line here.

If it were the retailer just marking something up for the heck of it and I were OP I'd be rolling there immediately demanding my money back.

Edited by onstorm

Please do. It will make me get in earlier.

Thanks in advance!

No, it won't. Her code is enetered. Her account exists. She will get her invite rather she cancels or not. A friend of mine cancelled awhile back and got invited. My wife ordered on 30 sep and she got invited.

Seriously, people complaining about this really should cancel, I don't want them in the game anyway.

Early Game Access

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011, seven days prior to the official launch. Starting December 13, 2011, invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox tied to your Star Wars: The Old Republic™ account!

Read the details before you buy things.

Trust me Bioware wants everyone into game asap. Do you think they don't want to get past initial launch as quickly as possible? They must do it correctly though and make sure things stay stable along the way. Do you know what would of happened if they dropped everyone in at the same time?

I don't know why everyone acts this way. It is a game, treat it as such and turn it off until its time to play it

please for gods sake do explain to us mentally challenged aliens how it will matter on 20th... i do want to hear someone explain to me how this wave garbage will make a difference on 20th... when EVERYONE will log in.

if you can't... then get a clue and quit kissing ***.

only reason i preordered was for the ability to play earlier which was advertised and frankly its even on my invoice woopee... i want a name that doesnt require me to roll my face on keyboard and hope its not taken. im somewhat not amused by idea that i will have to settle down for xXxjoeeeeeeeeethehax0r1337pwn3rxXx69

so far we got exactly 0 information about anything of worth. no # of codes per wave no amount of waves per day no estimates imaginary or otherwise.

I could care, I took my game back to gamestop. Early access is a pipe dream just like I said I previous posts. It's a scam unless you get in before the 15th there is nothing early about access.

SWTOR version of early access..

Server up for days

Names all been taken

the 19th(LOL) is early access where the reality whoever gets in "early" on the 19th is going to rage, like me.

So F this game, I've come to peace with the fact I won't be playing SWTOR cause of the totally unfair early access Wall Street Style.

I concur, but can't figure out why some people were charged for an EGA code.

I'd be upset if they made me pay for one and then I didn't get what I paid for. You wouldn't be?

Though I still judge that it is silly to cancel seeing how Bioware started EGA early and is trying to get people in.

If I had paid for EGA, I might be a little upset at the moment that I had no clue when/if I were going to get in.

THough the sticky Bioware posted did give feedback saying that initially there were a lot of preorders at the end of July then it slowed down. So I know they are giving us some info, but paying for something vice just getting for doing what you were already going to do (preorder the game) is something completely different.

I would like to know if it was Bioware's policy to charge extra for EGA where the person is located or if it were the retailer just trying to make more money. If the latter it seems Bioware has an interest in ensuring that doesn't happen. It is their product and their name that is on the line here.

If it were the retailer just marking something up for the heck of it and I were OP I'd be rolling there immediately demanding my money back.

yes that's exactly what my husband says.

Cancel nah. Main reason I pre-ordered was to make sure I did get a copy of the game. I was hoping for a faster early access than the 19th of December but from the looks of it, doesn't look good for me.

I wouldn't understand someone canceling though tbh, whether you get in by 1 day early or 2 its still early.

considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

should i just cancel my preorder and wait till the 20th ?

I pre-ordered the game 3rd day of release... I did that just make sure I had a copy of the game in my hand at launch.. So many fan's going to be camping stores I figured. Getting in early is just a bonus.

What is the point of canceling anyways? It does not cost you any more and if your are just going to grab it on release day anyways then I don't get it....

Cancel nah. Main reason I pre-ordered was to make sure I did get a copy of the game. I was hoping for a faster early access than the 19th of December but from the looks of it, doesn't look good for me.

I wouldn't understand someone canceling though tbh, whether you get in by 1 day early or 2 its still early.

canceling will give us time to decide wether buying the game will be worth or not.

considering we won't even be able to name my characters however we want anymore, since most names will be taken, considering my husband and i will only get 1 day or 2 hours to play the most,

considering every server will be packed full by the time we actually get access to play. i don't think sticking to our preorder is worthy anymore.

in fact waiting for a week or so after the game gets released can be wise, they may even add new servers .

PRE-ORDER NOW TO GET EARLY GAME ACCESS AND A COLOUR STONE TO CHANGE YOUR WEAPON EFFECT.

that's all it says in my preorder, not to mention that my husband was assured by the store employees we would get 5 days from doing so.

was that store owned by bioware. if it was then you got a complaint if you dont get 5 days. bioware dont own stored imo, if your local gamestop or best buy employee told you that and you think its binding for bioware to make sure that is what you get, then that is on you. show of hands, how many people think gamestop employees know diddly squat about game releases in general. I dont, they know what they are told and that is all they want to know, bioware has communicated with us via these forums, twitter, facebook, dev posts, email, snail mail, whatever form of communication you want to use, they have stated time and time gain, you may get up to 5 days of ega, they will do a staggered launch based on when you register your preorder code. first registered, first invited and so on. now people are acting like the wool was pulled over their eyes, ive known this since at least july, probably before, dont blame bioware for doing exactly what they said they was gonna do. if you didnt like their policy you never should have preordered or made sure you preordered first.

considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

should i just cancel my preorder and wait till the 20th ?

Why cancel your preorder if you're buying the game anyway? You'll likely get in by at least the 17th or 18th, maybe sooner.

Don't just cancel the pre-orders, can all the worst whiners just plain quit please? No need to each make a thread looking for sympathy either.

Judging by half the posts on the forum there are a hell of a lot of people who I would want nothing to do with if I encounter them ingame (or indeed out of game).

I hate to say it, and no, I am not planning to cancel my pre-order even though I am waiting still myself, and likely will be one of the late entries in the EGA, but this EGA I really do think is going to cost them quite a lot of cancelled orders, and henceforth a lot of subscribers as it is true that the single most impression for people is the FIRST impression)

Do not misunderstand me, I understand not everyone will get in all at once, it makes perfect sense, and I am not bothered by that, (but a ton of people sure are). The "slapped down money on a game before knowing much of anything about it" people getting in before people who waited to see if they actually liked the game, get in first thing, does not bother me, either, (but once again a ton of people will be bothered by it. It does kind of bother me that I have ABSOLUTELY no clue when I would actually get into the game, that if anything is the single most valid argument people have provided for hating this EGA.

All in all, I really do feel that this is going to cost Bioware a lot of orders is the point, people do not want to admit it but there are certainly things that bother a lot of people about how this is being handled.

PS: I do have to somewhat agree that is no longer "feels" like early access when 400k people have been playing the game 2+ days before you for example.

Bioware and Lucas Arts need to get their finger out and send the early access all in one go. Then it would be up to the players to decide which servers they are going on and also when.

This way that they are doing it now does not work at all.

Ian

yes that's exactly what my husband says.

Yes but see if you can just get the EGA money back without cancelling the preorder. While I personally only know a handful of people who preordered none us were charged for an EGA code.

Edited by onstorm

considering is very unlikely?

And your proof of this is?

Me thinks you've got nothing but "the sky is falling" doom-n-gloom in your head simply because you didn't get an email in the first 5-6 hours the servers were up during early access.

Please do us a favor and cancel. The fewer of you starting these types of inane threads on the forums the better.

And your proof of this is?

Me thinks you've got nothing but "the sky is falling" doom-n-gloom in your head simply because you didn't get an email in the first 5-6 hours the servers were up during early access.

Please do us a favor and cancel. The fewer of you starting these types of inane threads on the forums the better.

canceling pre-order does not cancel forum account nor does it remove an already redeemed code. get your brains out of your *** please.

darkdesertwolf chill man you will wear that caps lock out i knew i wasnt going to get in ega early and i wont be canceling my preorder but i will pissed if i were to get in on the 19th im just hoping they double the waves they let in each day.

was that store owned by bioware. if it was then you got a complaint if you dont get 5 days. bioware dont own stored imo, if your local gamestop or best buy employee told you that and you think its binding for bioware to make sure that is what you get, then that is on you. show of hands, how many people think gamestop employees know diddly squat about game releases in general. I dont, they know what they are told and that is all they want to know, bioware has communicated with us via these forums, twitter, facebook, dev posts, email, snail mail, whatever form of communication you want to use, they have stated time and time gain, you may get up to 5 days of ega, they will do a staggered launch based on when you register your preorder code. first registered, first invited and so on. now people are acting like the wool was pulled over their eyes, ive known this since at least july, probably before, dont blame bioware for doing exactly what they said they was gonna do. if you didnt like their policy you never should have preordered or made sure you preordered first.

The problem people have is that BW only boasted on "prelaunch access!". They didn't give any info on their adverts how many would get in and what it would actually be for people ordering in December. Only info you got was "5 days earlier!"...actually now says 7 days earlier in the preorder page

So you seriously wouldn't be annoyed if you preordered now? Order now to get to play up to 7 days earlier! No mention about the million people ahead of you and actually only inviting few hundred thousands per day. Blatant lie, that's what pisses people off. They knew this very well already by December, that 3-4 days would be just to cover up the first months of the preorder campaign. Yet they _still_ advertise for the full time when they very well know people pressing the button on december will hardly get a day or two. Defend it all you want but that's just false advertising.

I understand they want a smooth launch but christ, atleast be honest about it to your late preorderers. Now they just got them annoyed.