Should we all late preorders cancel?

Ariadna

Very soon... now i love that ...

Any chance you guys could be more specific, like oh i dont know, whats the LEAST amount of days you get for paying $5 in a preorder fee? See preorder is not free, there is a fee involved which covers a .... undisclosed amount of time could be 7days, could be 1 day which for most people would be the same as .. a few hours (with work and christmas and everything else)

So i would concur on the whole logic of defeating the purpose of preordering

Your 5 dollar pre-order fee is deducted from the full price of the game.

Learn to read. Of just rage-cancel.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered on the 3rd of December. Gonna be awhile before I'm in. One of the last few days I guess. Sucks as I was really looking forward to playing. Nothing I can do about it though. Well I could whine about it but I have some dignity.

FYI, I had to cancel one of my preorders because it was not tied to my origin account (they ended up making a new account for me and I didnt want two origin accounts to juggle). If you cancel you will have to wait more than 48 hours before you can redeem a new game code. Seeing that they are busy with the launch atm, I'd bet good money you'll have to wait a while before the system allows you to re-register with a new code.

Moral of the story- cancel now so i can get in earlier.

Dont know about you but i payed a FEE to pre-order, now that means its not free...

You didn't pay a fee to pre-order, you paid a portion of the final cost of the product. A down payment. A fee is an additional charge. I am unaware of anyone charging a pre-order fee for this game.

Now because of one person we are fight about what a pre-order fee is. LOL. I don't think I am going to be grouping with anyone for a long time in this game. At least not until the morons have gone back to WOW.

LOL.. I think everyone but that one person is pretty clear what the pre-order "fee" is.

Note... if you ordered from Amazon, you paid *nothing* for the pre-order.

As of now, I've payed exactly 0. When They ship, I'll pay the full price at that point.

Some other distributors charged a 5 dollar down payment to pre-order.

Want to know why?

You.

So many children pre-order and then rage-cancel when they don't get what they want.

So then you have a vendor with a bunch of extra copies. They charge you 5 bucks down payment, in case you're an idiot, and cancel your order.

If you don't cancel your order, they then charge you full price *minus* the 5 bucks down payment.

Get a grip, people.

I think its unfair that the earliest should get more access prior to release just because they did so. There were numerous problems with swtor and in thus I didn't pre order until late. I will cancel if Im not in at least 3-5 days before release. I can get a regular copy cheaper and faster with guaranteed access on launch rather than paying a large amount of money for the copy and shipping and pre ordering and not even being given the advertised early access of 5-7 days. If your servers were not properly stressed its not my problem. They have copies already in my town @ elitegames. My friend owns the local business downtown.

I'm not cancelling my pre-order I do still want to play.

I am considering not setting up my "sub" until some time in January though and see how things go after official launch.

I have a feeling the 20th is going to be a bad day.

To all the people who think that early access is a pre-order bonus-well you are sadly wrong. The bonus is a lame color stone, while "Early Access" is a sellpoint and the main reason for pre-ordering.

Now, if all the late pre-orders end up winning only one or two days, than there's simply no point in pre-ordering the game.

And to all lame excuses like,"they do it to relieve stress," or,"it's reward for loyalty," or any other excuse-well get real. Because they'll have to let us all in anyway and at 20th there will be even more people than now, so the whole stress thing is pretty much irrelevant+beta stress test is more than proof enough that SWTOR can take it.

As for loyalty rewards-lol. This isn't my first mmo either, so I know full well that there's no such thing as loyalty, only fanboys who are willing to stay no matter what. And don't forget that such rewards have second side, mainly being punishment for the rest of the playerbase.

With all that being said, Bioware/EA/or both of them did provided misleading advertisement for their pre-order campaign. So EU guys can file a suit. However nevermind all that! If BW actually has the guts to keep people waiting all the way till 19th, well do pardon me, but that qualifies for being Aholes in my book.

For the record, I pre-ordered the DDE from Origin - currently my account with them shows they deducted US$5 from my credit card and will be deducting the remainder of the DDE price on 16DEC, after which they will be sending me the final access code.

They do a pre-authorization check against your cc, but refund all but $5 of it.

If ordered from Origin, I doubt any of you paid full price already - if ordered from other vendors for physical copies, well you need to be mad at those vendors. They are the ones with your money, not BW/EA - the vendor paid BW/EA per pre-order sold. It is the vendor's decision on whether to charge a pre-order fee or the full amount...

I am considering not setting up my "sub" until some time in January though and see how things go after official launch.

don't you have to set up some kind of sub to play after the 20th? I thought the free month was added as soon as you did so

Its early access and nothing is 100%. It won't be the end of the world (of swtor?) if you don't get in early. The game will be here for years to come.

So let me get this straight why is it advertised like that and also why would I pay extra for +1 day and a color crystal ?

hopefully GW2 won't repeat this.