How many of you will stick to your faction?

Qonor

How many of you truly plan to only stay on either the Empire or Republic for the characters that are your main focus (exclude level 10s and such)? Do you plan on doing your alting on just one side, and never really focus on a 50 on the opposing side?

I ask because of guild implications as well as playing with friends. I've noticed that it's pretty standard to play both sides, a stark contrast to what I experienced in WoW.

I will likely make 2 50s on both factions to start. I play with my man, and we tend to play complimentary starting zone characters. Since we play together, we get to experience two stories at once.

We're just about finished with the imperial side, and then we will work on the republic side.

I will play both factions, and my first server will likely have all my slots devoted to force users, haha. I've got a Jedi Guardian, a Sith Warrior, a Sith Sorcerer, a Sith Assassin. Next up will be either a Jedi Sentinel or Jedi Consular of some flavor. But the server will be full of my force users eventually. By the time I fill up my character slots, I hope BW has increased the number of slots, but if not, I'll roll the other classes on another server.

I will most likely continue to play republic only. It's partially a herited way of thinking from other game(s) where alignment had way bigger meaning (faction vs faction wars). Partially due to simply wanting to play the "good side" (personal preference).

Me and my friends decided to do empire first. I'm only short of an Assassin to fill up all slots on our current server (no level 50 yet though). We will do republic side on another server later on (would be great if they would bump up the limit to 16 chars/server - but that's just wishful thinking I guess). This or that side doesn't matter to me much, it's more important to have fun together with a bunch of friends.

How many of you truly plan to only stay on either the Empire or Republic for the characters that are your main focus (exclude level 10s and such)? Do you plan on doing your alting on just one side, and never really focus on a 50 on the opposing side?

I ask because of guild implications as well as playing with friends. I've noticed that it's pretty standard to play both sides, a stark contrast to what I experienced in WoW.

I'll have Repub alts on a different server. In fact, if it turns out we can't transfer legacies at all, then I'll probably consolidate myself to two servers tops - one per faction.

The unknown is really bothering me, though. I have a main who I absolutely want to move away when transfers come around. However, I love playing him and don't want to just up and abandon him now (for the sake of not increasing his legacy experience - which will be thrown out if I transfer him).

Edited by islander

I picked a server with some friends to play the Empire and so far that's been my focus and I play on eventually leveling one of each AC on that server. I'll capitalize on rested XP and alt my way all over the place since that's really my prefered play style.

A few other friends of mine started Republic on another server and I've also started leveling toons there as well. Gotta love rested XP. When I first got the game back in December I made all my toons and played them all to rested spots. Now I rotate thru them all every once in a while using up all their rested XP and then parking them again.

I have two on Republic side and two on Empire side. My gaming community has a guild in each.

Why would anyone want to stay with only one faction? The biggest attraction for SWTOR to the largest audience is the storyline and voice-overs. They're completely different for each faction, so if you play only one you miss out on half the game.

I'll have Repub alts on a different server. In fact, if it turns out we can't transfer legacies at all, then I'll probably consolidate myself to two servers tops - one per faction.

The unknown is really bothering me, though. I have a main who I absolutely want to move away when transfers come around. However, I love playing him and don't want to just up and abandon him now (for the sake of not increasing his legacy experience - which will be thrown out if I transfer him).

from the summit: "If you transfer a character with a Legacy to a server where you also have a Legacy. Whichever Legacy level is the highest is the one that will 'win'"

• 3 months later...

I for one will stick with the Empire. I have an Imperial insignia tatooed on my back... it would be kind of weird if I walked around with no shirt on praising the Republic after all. Ha ha.

I played "SWG" for eight years. From launch until the servers were brought down. I stayed with the Empire in that game until the very end despite the fact that the final outcome on my server was a win for the Republic.

Long live the Empire!

I played "SWG" for eight years. From launch until the servers were brought down. I stayed with the Empire in that game until the very end despite the fact that the final outcome on my server was a win for the Republic.

Long live the Empire!

Same here except I never left the Reb side and never will...Jedi til the end, see you on the battlefield sir!!

!

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a final outcome Rep. vs. Imp. in TOR...

Faction controlled planets helloooo....?

My plan was to play all 16 ACs on 2 servers, but since I can not get HK51 unless I have both sides in my legacy, I just deleted 4 characters on my main server (23 Commando, 17 Gunslinger, 15 Sage and 14 Guardian) and started Imperial classes that mirror the 4 I kept. So, I now have a Vanguard, Shadow, Sentinel, Scoundrel, Mercenary, Sorcerer, Sniper and Juggernaut.

I don't think we're suppose to "stick to a faction". It's not the goal anyways. The Legacy system already shows the intent for a player to achieve different rewards through playing both factions (and I think it should, what better way to try to balance population on a server than to have a player who has an option to play both sides at any time). I personally didn't want to jip myself out of questing through an entire side of content... that was enough motiviation for rolling a character on the opposite side for me after leveling two 50's on the empire side. Was always a horde girl in WoW but here... it's different.

I'd encourage people to try it out if they haven't already.

I have 2 Republic 50s, Trooper and JK (+ a 46 GS that I've kind of walked away from), and I'm now working on a BH, currently @ 44, all on the same server. I certainly feel less guilt playing 'pub though I'm really enjoying the mechanics of the BH class - too bad he can't defect.