Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1.2 is "The Messiah of all Patches"

BOLTgamer

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of it sounds promising. But don't forget that BW has a reealllly gooood PR/Hype-machine department. I think I will wait until this stuff releases before I start kissing rings.

another 2008'r speaking the truth. this game is far from what they hyped through devolpment. In my opinion its a very very good lobby game and a medicore MMO.

I'm just wondering why this pile of **** plays like a single player game? Patch 1.2 won't help that at all. My personal thought is that Bioware completely ****ed the hero engine.

Hero engine: "How many maximum concurrent players are supported in the same world?"

Response: "The maximum concurrent players in the same world is only limited by your server cluster size. You can add more servers to support more users. At some point there would be a bandwidth limitation in your transport layer (or, less likely, pipe to the internet) but where this occurs is based entirely on your game design and implementation. For example, some game designs require very high-frequency player movement updates and others do not.

In general, concurrent players in a world is not a problem. However, you do have to be concerned over how many concurrent players are in a given geographically region of the world (what we call an "Area"). But, again, the limitations here are driven primarily by your game design and the implementation (by your team) of that design. Smart design and good implementation can yield hundreds and hundreds, or thousands. Once we know more about the requirements of your game design, we could provide more information."

TLDR: Bioware is *********** doing it wrong.

I think the lot of you need to get a grip. It's a bloody game. Either you're happy and you want to pay the £8.99 a month and play the game, or you're not happy and you don't want to pay.

Can you kindly just decide which one you are and get on with it? I mean, seriously, guys - live and let live?

I'm happy. Some aren't. If other people enjoying something that you don't enjoy is upsetting you enough to make huge posts (and some of them ARE huge, by the way), you have issues.

I'm disappointed that people who are old enough and should know better act like this over a sodding game. If you want something to get upset over, there's plenty of strife in this world without adding to it over something as trivial as a patch for an MMO.

Consider this your reality check.

It looks like it will be a good patch. Whether some of the features "should have" been in for launch or not is meaningless. They're implementing them in 1.2. Can't wait to see the new tools, especially the guild bank.

It's like listening to parliament.....

The party in power comes out with something that the opposition doesn't like, then it's "a typical labour/tory move", if it's something that they'd agree with, then it's "too little - too late".

Personally I enjoy the game "as is" - it's got some glitches but, for me, none of them are "game breaking" - they're just small annoyances in an otherwise very enjoyable experience.

I took on board what EA, BW and reviewers said about the game - the seperate stories are the thing. So, whilst I have a couple of 50th level characters (and I do the dailies/HMs/OPs with them), I'm also trying out the other story lines. So I've got a hell of a lot of game still to go.

This patch seems (from what's being announced) to seriously improve the game - I'm really looking forward to it.

Some of the stuff could have been included at the start, true. But I don't think that it not being has overly detracted from the experience (certainly in my case).

its not a true combat log not in the least and all they are doing to the ui is making it movable.

1) And I, for one, welcome the fact that it's a "personal" log (for many and various reasons).

2) it's moveable AND scaleable (from what I've read).

I do too, but even if it's not, it will get beaten in their forums like an ugly stepchild with leprosy. That's what happens in game forums, a minority gank the game until they find a new game to go bullyfest-rant on.

This Is true.

I'm glad I'm not the mom or dad who tried to please these kids christmas morning.

Would be easier to hose mud uphill with a leaky garden hose.

I think the lot of you need to get a grip. It's a bloody game. Either you're happy and you want to pay the £8.99 a month and play the game, or you're not happy and you don't want to pay.

Can you kindly just decide which one you are and get on with it? I mean, seriously, guys - live and let live?

I'm happy. Some aren't. If other people enjoying something that you don't enjoy is upsetting you enough to make huge posts (and some of them ARE huge, by the way), you have issues.

I'm disappointed that people who are old enough and should know better act like this over a sodding game. If you want something to get upset over, there's plenty of strife in this world without adding to it over something as trivial as a patch for an MMO.

Consider this your reality check.

Consider yourself a hypocrite but thanks for playing.

I know right? It's so sad that some people are so excited for things that are a staple of the MMO genre and are basics that even F2P MMOs launch with.

F2P MMOs come out with Legacy system?

New to me.

Just leave if you're not happy. To that so-called F2P of yours. Oh wait, all F2P suck, that's why they're F2P. My bad.

Seriously, if you have played ANY MMO that didn't feel like a paid for beta at launch enlighten me.

I have played just about every MMO released at least for the first 30 days. This has been the best launch ever.

Could some things be better? Hell yes; but they will get there.

Anyone who has played an MMO for a long time knows there is a bell curve where it gets better and better then the Devs make some crazy decision that forever puts the game on a downward trend.

Seriously, they are adding:

1. Ingame events

2. New warzone

3. New flashpoint

4. New Operation

5. Better Crafting

6. Legacy

7. More RP places

8. Chat bubbles

9. Animal Mounts

10. Ranked WZ's

AND much much moree!!1

This is like a wow expansion!!!

STOP complaining, have fun, if you don't have fun dont play, bye :)

EDIT: Also, to all the people saying these features should've in launch, you're wrong, was launch not the best? Sure, but they are delivering, I've seen more people playing today then I have in the past couple weeks. Lets not mind that BioWare NEVER MENTIONED ANY of the features that will be realeased in 1.2, to have been in launch.

Can't wait to see what ingame events will be added

Meh, I really hoped to get some new races, not just some crappy old race from the other side. Plus it will sound like total garbage with a pure sith using an american accent. :( Edited by Bainwen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.