Powertech nerfed. Merc and Sorc untouched

Halofax

8 Healing Sorcs grab ball at the start. Stand in Center and just turtle AOE healing everybody.

That'd be pretty funny to watch actually..

Ball would blow up after 2 minutes if the carrier lasted that long, other team would score with ease as the 8 healer sorcs try to bring the guarded ballcarrier down. Or you might argue that the sorcs would just pull chain, that is one score (or not a score as you just need a PT or assasin to pull into fire), but now they are all out of position for the counter score, which any good group will set up when they see a ton of Sorcs in Huttball, and won't be able to secure middle as they would now be split up.

Edited by Bnol

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how he's complaining about 'pleasing the majority'.... what the hell else should they do?

Real balance pleases everyone. Most PvPers are comming over from that not to be named MMO, as such they're pretty tired of the whole FOTM model, what we'll see is people putting up with gimmicks and percieved favoritism far less and leaving far sooner. Real balance can only help to retain players.

Rated WZs, and indeed if they inplement an Arena system will only serve to shine an even harsher light on real imbalance, the speed at which real imbalance is addressed will make or break the PvP side of the game.

On that note there always have and will always be people who will cry "OP" no matter what.

because they are few and far between.

but rest assured is quite easy, hard hitting and un counterable dmg

rail shot is instant, can crit from 4-7k and its cd can be reset off of every flame burst which is also instant and spammable

thermal detonator can easily take out half my health and is what? instant

easy class is easy

you only have 9k health? Rail shot reset off every flame burst? I want to play this magical pt you speak of

rail shot is instant, can crit from 4-7k and its cd can be reset off of every flame burst which is also instant and spammable

easy class is easy

Bwahahaha!

Santa Clause can also fire rainbows out of his arse and collect the pots of gold while riding in his tooth fairy powered unicorn upholstered autobot.

Edited by -Siafu-

easy class is easy

You've never actually played this game, huh?

Screenshot of a Railshot even citting for 4k please. Then give me the spec, because I'm respeccing tonight.

Edited by Scoobings

This is wrong, any balanced team would wreck an 8 sorc team. Those Sorcs would have no guard/taunt which means they would be easily blown up. Sorcs have some pretty harsh diminishing returns with bubble and resolve.

I dunno. If the Sorcerer got the ball first, it'd be impossible to stop them. All the Force Run, Force-Pulling your teammates and Knockbacks. I'm not sure anyone could really get close.

Voidstar or Alderaan? They'd be annoying as hell but there'd be a lot of better comps.

easy class is easy

Uncounterable damage?

1. Rail Shot can be deflected and shielded, and has a very RNG-based Proc system.

2. Thermal Detonator does Kinetic damage, and is thus mitigated by armor.

3. The spec has the worst resource management ever. It will overheat within seconds of attempting to burst someone down, and two cooldowns are needed to do any sort of sustained damage whatsoever.

4. Barring insanely lucky procs, the class can't burst anyone beyond about 60% of their hp before dropping into a very low damage mode with a lot of basic attack spam.

Edited by Grubfist

easy class is easy

I think different classes have varying success against Sorcs(sages), for example my Shadow rips them apart, yet I have a much harder time on my merc.

I certainly hope they are toning down PT Pyro's they are unfortunately OP, the people defending the class and calling foul of bioware, know they are OP and are naturally defending their class. Sorcs are however not OP, they only thing that needs tweaking is their utility so they can't run that hybrid CC spec, it's incredibly annoying!

Edited by Archaar

I think different classes have varying success against Sorcs(sages), for example my Shadow rips them apart, yet I have a much harder time on my merc.

I certainly hope they are toning down PT Pyro's they are unfortunately OP, the people defending the class and calling foul of bioware, know they are OP and are naturally defending their class. Sorcs are however not OP, they only thing that needs tweaking is their utility so they can't run that hybrid CC spec, it's incredibly annoying!

and i dont see what is OP about pt damage. in full champ gear, railshot crits for 3k (my level 24 assassin crits for more in 1-49 pvp), TD crits for 2-2.5k depending on armor, rocket punch crits for 1.7k, flame burst 1.6k, incend missile ticks for 300, CGC ticks for 350.

hell, the very first time i got my 2.5k medal was when i was half champ, even pre-50 pvp my pt could not break 2k, let alone 2.5k. not that it matters, ive already rerolled and the other side actually has grass, let alone greener grass.

EDIT: changed my post, BW getting mad lately

Edited by Ryotknife

easy class is easy

So you're saying that TD does what, like 8-9k? And Rail Shot can crit for 7k?

You do realize that gross exaggeration doesn't do anything for your cause, and anyone can tell that you're blatantly lying to make a point, yes?

Maybe if you used actual POSSIBLE numbers and real situations, people would sympathize more.

Edited by Varicite

Bwahahaha!

Santa Clause can also fire rainbows out of his arse and collect the pots of gold while riding in his tooth fairy powered unicorn upholstered autobot.

That was so effing brilliant that im not even gonna give u a hard time for putting an e on the end of Claus.

Stack more pt's in a warzone and then you'll see 6-8k crits. Several pt's on our server do it and it's due to buff stacking of multiple pt's that brings about the #'s. Pt's/maur's/mercs for the most part are fine, maybe a bit of tweaking here and there. It's the debuff stacking from multiple players that needs to get fixed. The stacking of the debuffs leads to even higher burst dmg then the stacking of all the adrenals/stims did before they were nerfed.

PT's do not have any buff that "stacks". And no, it dosen't matter how many PT's are in a wz, they simple do not hit for 6-8k. In the best of best gear, with EVERY cool down active, on someone with zero armor on, MAYBE. Otherwise our best crits are about 3.5k-5k (usually 4k).

PTs are fairly easy to play. Having many buttons to push does not make a class difficult. PT have a very basic priority based on spec and you just follow that priority. PT are not the only class that use a variable rate resource system, so that does not make them unique.

PTs have no real deficiencies as a class. They have a short build-up time for their burst, survivability, mobility, strong ranged and melee capabilities, utility in the form of pulls and taunts (with a ranged aoe taunt). Not going to say that they are necessarily OP, but they are definitely a strong class.

I did not say PT's were hard. I said they were not face roll. Stop trying to "show off" how good you think you are by saying a class is easy. When ever someone brings up that a class is easy, there is always some epeen wanabe that thinks it makes him look good by saying how "easy" that class is too play. Everything is relative. PT's are not easy relative to other clases, nor are they face roll.

Regardless if other classes have a similar resource system or not, PT's still use the most complex one.

PT's do have a real deficiency. If you played one you would see that. PT's have no heals. They have no escape abilites. They are squishy (pyro's at least, and that is what every pt plays). The mobility sucks (again, pyro's). So yes, they have plenty of deficiencies.

And I will not quarrel that they are a strong class as I think they are.

and i dont see what is OP about pt damage. in full champ gear, railshot crits for 3k (my level 24 assassin crits for more in 1-49 pvp), TD crits for 2-2.5k depending on armor, rocket punch crits for 1.7k, flame burst 1.6k, incend missile ticks for 300, CGC ticks for 350.

hell, the very first time i got my 2.5k medal was when i was half champ, even pre-50 pvp my pt could not break 2k, let alone 2.5k. not that it matters, ive already rerolled and the other side actually has grass, let alone greener grass.

EDIT: changed my post, BW getting mad lately

This match had my first 5k+ crit. It was about 5200. 2 pc rakata, 5 pc BM, rest champ gear. It was against some poorly geared players.

http://imageshack.us/f/192/screenshot2012030318033.jpg/

You've never actually played this game, huh?

Screenshot of a Railshot even citting for 4k please. Then give me the spec, because I'm respeccing tonight.

RS can crit for upwards 5k from great geared players. YOu should be able to get a 4k hit every wz if you are centurion geared at least.

Uncounterable damage?

1. Rail Shot can be deflected and shielded, and has a very RNG-based Proc system.

2. Thermal Detonator does Kinetic damage, and is thus mitigated by armor.

3. The spec has the worst resource management ever. It will overheat within seconds of attempting to burst someone down, and two cooldowns are needed to do any sort of sustained damage whatsoever.

4. Barring insanely lucky procs, the class can't burst anyone beyond about 60% of their hp before dropping into a very low damage mode with a lot of basic attack spam.

Incorrect. With lucky RS procs, a PT can easily manage to keep heat around 0-20 and continually do FB, RP, TD, RS on every GCD. But this is proc dependant and doesnt' happen frequently.

Edited by Humankeg

Stack more pt's in a warzone and then you'll see 6-8k crits. Several pt's on our server do it and it's due to buff stacking of multiple pt's that brings about the #'s. Pt's/maur's/mercs for the most part are fine, maybe a bit of tweaking here and there. It's the debuff stacking from multiple players that needs to get fixed. The stacking of the debuffs leads to even higher burst dmg then the stacking of all the adrenals/stims did before they were nerfed.

The only buff/debuff I can even think off that increases rail shot damage isn't even done by a PT, it's done by a commando, and its a buff on them, so it wouldn't stack with multiple players.

You sir, have no idea what you're talking about.

people complain about sorcs because of their extreme utility and when we play a map like huttball 90% of the time it makes them PvP god tier. Your counter point is maras beat them 1v1...and generally they are not a very good 1v1 class....great that makes them fine right?

wait let me get this straight,

you admit sorcs suck 1v1, and that all it takes is 1 person to focus them in a wz to take them out

and yet theyre still op cause of their group utility?

so they should have no 1v1 capability OR group capability either?

should sorcs have no abilities at all? should we just stand in one spot with the lowest dmg mitigation and let you test your big crit numbers on?

sorcs are terribly weak as gear progresses in pvp. assasins are the biggest counter to a sorc, then a mara..

but i havnt spokenw ith any valor 60 and up on my server that thinks sorcs are anything but gimped now

its the truth.

im sorry that when you pugged a huttball some sorc stood in middle unfocused and rained the hurt on you. but thats working as intended.

if u think sorcs are bad id hate to see u stand in front of a geared sniper

wait let me get this straight,

you admit sorcs suck 1v1, and that all it takes is 1 person to focus them in a wz to take them out

and yet theyre still op cause of their group utility?

so they should have no 1v1 capability OR group capability either?

should sorcs have no abilities at all? should we just stand in one spot with the lowest dmg mitigation and let you test your big crit numbers on?

sorcs are terribly weak as gear progresses in pvp. assasins are the biggest counter to a sorc, then a mara..

but i havnt spokenw ith any valor 60 and up on my server that thinks sorcs are anything but gimped now

its the truth.

im sorry that when you pugged a huttball some sorc stood in middle unfocused and rained the hurt on you. but thats working as intended.

if u think sorcs are bad id hate to see u stand in front of a geared sniper

Sorry man, but you have already proven you know very little about this game and balance in general in previous posts. Just stop now while you're ahead (if you even want to call it that) as you will just continue to fall further.

Sorcs are somewhat weak 1vs1. They are somewhat op'd in group combat. And are extremely op'd in Huttball where their utility helps move the ball so well, that it will be required to have multiple sorcs on a rated Huttball team.

You're obviously much better on your jugg than you are on your sorc. Juggs are awesome and we do eat sorcs, but to go from that class, be good on it and basically say sorcs are crap is just plain wrong. In a group setting we can be just as effective on a sorc while sitting back watching television as we are on a Jugg while concentrating. I literally detest my sorc for how easy and boring it is.

Don't mistake that for wanting them nerfed btw, i might find them the yellow bus class but i agree that they're not OP.

I kept seeing how [jug/mara/sent/guardian/operative/scon/PT/vanguard] can eat sorc/sages for lunch in any fair 1v1 but sage sorcs still needs to be nerfed. hypocrite much?

Edited by warultima

Sorry man, but you have already proven you know very little about this game and balance in general in previous posts. Just stop now while you're ahead (if you even want to call it that) as you will just continue to fall further.

Sorcs are somewhat weak 1vs1. They are somewhat op'd in group combat. And are extremely op'd in Huttball where their utility helps move the ball so well, that it will be required to have multiple sorcs on a rated Huttball team.

Can u please shut up? You already look so foolish and silly telling such things about sorcs.

One thing is sure,whoever say sorc is op definetly need l2p.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.