[Panel Discussion] State of the Game (10:30AM CST)

yes, the person you responded to was talking about force speed i'm pretty sure. which isn't a sorc only ability. i just didn't correct it.

Sorry, I meant Inquisitors and Consulars. xD forgot about that.

Edited by Gaskarth

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reguarding the final fade out of items listed (wasn't ever fully on the screen just before it ended and really light ghosted font)

Was anyone able to make out what it said about Alderaan? Was too blurry for me to make out the first part.

The "Stackable Compaion gifts" was a nice find. :)

I think the cross-class abilities make sense given what it's supposed to represent. Your parent is a Bounty Hunter, so you inherited one of their wrist gadgets. Your father is a Sith Warrior, so you inherit the ability to Force Choke.

I also think that the abilities will likely be signature stuff that doesn't rely on your weapons. They've said you get groin kick from smugglers and shown flamethrower from BH, and Force Choke from SW. I'd presume you get lightning from Inquisitor.

I think the cross-class abilities make sense given what it's supposed to represent. Your parent is a Bounty Hunter, so you inherited one of their wrist gadgets. Your father is a Sith Warrior, so you inherit the ability to Force Choke.

I also think that the abilities will likely be signature stuff that doesn't rely on your weapons. They've said you get groin kick from smugglers and shown flamethrower from BH, and Force Choke from SW. I'd presume you get lightning from Inquisitor.

Makes me wonder if you'll get a stronger version of say, Choke, if both your "parents" are SW. Or a new ability all together perhaps? Will be interesting to find all this out.

Until i hear more on this cross class stuff I'll take the high road and assume the worst. No No No NOooooooooo! The only way i could possibly see this working is by haveing these legacy abilities replace an ability of equal str. this is one thing that does worry me a bit

While I am excited about the growth of the game, there is no denying that there are currently too many servers that exist. I know most people see the term "server merger" and think it's the death of a game, but in reality I believe this would only strengthen the population and overall fun factor of TOR.

While I am excited about the growth of the game, there is no denying that there are currently too many servers that exist. I know most people see the term "server merger" and think it's the death of a game, but in reality I believe this would only strengthen the population and overall fun factor of TOR.

For those of us actually playing the game, server mergers aren't something that we consider death of the game. The problem with server mergers is that at the beginning of this MMO, server mergers will likely be seen by the press and investors as a *serious* sign of trouble. EA likes to avoid such inklings like the plague.

Personally, I find it more disturbing that they did not have character transfers up and operational on launch-- a serious no-brainer feature, especially considering they knew they weren't going to launch APAC at the same time as the rest of the planet, yet had APAC guilds that were registered and were being placed by BWA onto west coast servers.

For those of us actually playing the game, server mergers aren't something that we consider death of the game. The problem with server mergers is that at the beginning of this MMO, server mergers will likely be seen by the press and investors as a *serious* sign of trouble. EA likes to avoid such inklings like the plague.

Personally, I find it more disturbing that they did not have character transfers up and operational on launch-- a serious no-brainer feature, especially considering they knew they weren't going to launch APAC at the same time as the rest of the planet, yet had APAC guilds that were registered and were being placed by BWA onto west coast servers.

+1 on character transfers

I'm scared of the cross-class skills :(

I hope they put some good regulation for it :( dun wanna run around seeing sorcs hide, juggs do insane DPS, etc. It's just gamebreaking IMO :(

There really is only way im in favor of this. And thats if it replaces an equivalent skill. Such as the force choke with the smuggler. It should replace groin kick. This game has enough balancing problems already

There really is only way im in favor of this. And thats if it replaces an equivalent skill. Such as the force choke with the smuggler. It should replace groin kick. This game has enough balancing problems already

how is that equivalent? I use groin kick to get away from enemies...

Question: If my main is a smuggler human currently, is there going to be any way for me to switch him to a Chiss once I unlock that option? It'd be worth it for me to level a chiss character so I can make my main look how I'd like him to. It would also be unfortunate if I'd have to re-level an entirely new smuggler to make him the race I'd prefer. That would also cause me to lose all of my current gear and work on the current main.

Just some thoughts.

*Bambi eyes* Please?

Reguarding the final fade out of items listed (wasn't ever fully on the screen just before it ended and really light ghosted font)

Was anyone able to make out what it said about Alderaan? Was too blurry for me to make out the first part.

The "Stackable Compaion gifts" was a nice find. :)

Here is all the final list of faded-out items at the end of the video as well as I can make them out:

...formations on Alderaan

Increased chance of researching schematics

More craftable color crystals

[Reverse?] ...engineer random drops

Stackable companion gifts

Here is all the final list of faded-out items at the end of the video as well as I can make them out:

You mean my companion gifts won't take up 2 cargo bays :D

Edited by Iite

Upper right corner seems to contain

"Augments in craft [something]"

"Cybertech vehicles no longer [something]" (I'm guessing 'Bind on Pickup')

Edited by Panner_

Question: FPS in crowded areas like the fleet and Illum. What is BW doing to fix this? People experiencing problems have computer specs that are frequently well beyond what is required to play the game. Will 1.2 have a fix for this?

They have already said they are going to introduce a "very low" setting... Gawd checkout the Q & As before wasting a possibly awesome question here!

Like for instance, WILL I BE ABLE TO MAKE A MIRALUKA SITH INQUISITOR? Or a sith pureblood smuggler, oh gawd please the smuggler!