[Panel Discussion] Economy and Crew Skills (4:15PM CST)

Are they factoring out alts in that? Cuz my main has 2,500,000 give or take and I'm not even really trying on him. My alt has around 300k, and my little mini alts under 20 are of course holding much less. Most of my guild is around the same.

I don't think so but the important aspect is that it's not an Average. The people who have extreme amounts of money are just plain few in number.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One problem that I am observing is that if there are top level crafters on a server there is no incentive for new crafters to try to get to that level. The chance to get the items is way too low and I am not sure the adjustment corrects for that. (This is separate from getting a crtit.)

This low chance leads to huge amounts of resources being needed and people moving to crew skills to earn money or Biochem.

Will there ever be some ability to craft social outfits? It would be a great added feature, I'd love to be able to help my fellow roleplayers with getting some decent outfits that doesn't involve having to go out and slay half a planet because they need a specific pair of pants.

Is there a plan to make defensive mods for tanks more easily available? As a Cybertech I cannot craft any mods for my gear with defensive stats other than armorings. Additionally, commendation vendors have very strange itemization, there is no variety on commendation vendors for tanks.

The different item colors they have touched and say they don't know where they come from actually seem to be linked to the eye color of the character that's wearing it. Possibly hair color as well.

Want to know if crew skills will be made more involved with the actual character, not just window clicks every 30 minutes. Such as the actual player carrying out crew missions or crafting the items.

How does orange gear not kill itemization? At level 10 I have my BIS weapon and mods for it are given to me through commendations. I have NO reason to run a FP for a weapon drop let alone any quest rewards with weapons.

As you gain levels and acquire more orange gear the need for drops decreases even more.

This also affects crafters because I have no reason to get a prototype or better crafted piece of armor once I have an orange piece in that slot.