Hi, I'm a sage.

Stratoforce

Marauders will tear up Sages in 1vs1, but in warzones it's not as "practical". Every duel ever the Marauder will pop the free Predation for 150-180% runspeed, but Frenzy has a 3 minute cooldown.

Most of the time a Marauder isn't going to be running around with 30 Fury. Without Predation, Marauders are actually really easy to kite.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Marauders will tear up Sages in 1vs1, but in warzones it's not as "practical". Every duel ever the Marauder will pop the free Predation for 150-180% runspeed, but Frenzy has a 3 minute cooldown.

Most of the time a Marauder isn't going to be running around with 30 Fury. Without Predation, Marauders are actually really easy to kite.

You got it all wrong. Warzones are 1v1 matches that happen to have 7 other people in them. There for, sages/sorcerer hybrid specs that stack well with -any class in the game- are useless cause 5 people can't handle holding <insert class here> off cause none of their abilities work, they do no damage, and their heals heal for 100.

You don't heal with DPS in your face.

It is called LoSing, moving to a good spot, healing yourself. Bad sages/sorcerers let themselves get into spots where they aren't controlling the fight.

...and you are out of line of sight, not hitting anyone or affecting the fight while you self heal for crap. This only assuming the dps that got you there in the first place doesnt put you back in line of sight and kill you.

My point stands.

...and you are out of line of sight, not hitting anyone or affecting the fight while you self heal for crap. This only assuming the dps that got you there in the first place doesnt put you back in line of sight and kill you.

My point stands.

Busy wasting peoples time while they chase me around a pillar and my dots are still going.

Basic PvP 101.

Ranked warzones and competitive play is going to show what the real powerhouse classes are. Sorcs/Sages are great for pwning noobs in pugs, granted. In competent play, you wont want a sorc as primary dps or as a healer either.

What is the deal with the talent wrath? "When your force lightning deals damage....,30% chance your NEXT DAMAGING ATTACK to...." Next damaging attack? What other damaging attacks, you mean another force lightning? If a sorc isnt healing I have NEVER seen anything other then bubble, sprint, lightning, stun and knock back. Face roll class is face roll. Your class is only slightly more difficult then a merc. I am a Mara, come at me bruh. I will pop undying at the beginning because i only need 5 seconds.

What is the deal with the talent wrath? "When your force lightning deals damage....,30% chance your NEXT DAMAGING ATTACK to...." Next damaging attack? What other damaging attacks, you mean another force lightning? If a sorc isnt healing I have NEVER seen anything other then bubble, sprint, lightning, stun and knock back. Face roll class is face roll. Your class is only slightly more difficult then a merc. I am a Mara, come at me bruh. I will pop undying at the beginning because i only need 5 seconds.

Clearly, never ran into a good sorcerer.

My point stands.

You know if a non-healer is dying they can't simply LoS around the corner and heal right? Putting yourself out of the fight for 10 seconds to heal to full is a lot better than a 15-40 second wait because you died, or simply hiding around a corner HOPING a healer comes to your rescue.

Our mauraders destroy sorcs. A well played maurader is going to beat a well played sorc the vast majority of the time. Even though this isnt a 1v1 game, the instrisic value of a good maurader is higher in group play than that of a good sorcerer. I do see hybrid sorcs having a role due to utility, but it most certainly isnt going to be due to ability to pwn peoples faces off. There are other classes more suited to that role.

Still does not discount my point. Not sure exactly what you are arguing.

It does, actually.

The hyperbole in this thread that sorcerers/sages are terrible is just that, hyperbole. If 1/2/3 people are busy trying to chase down, catch, and kill a sorcerer, he is keeping your team busy from an objective. Which means you are losing the battle.

Even just one person, a high DPS for instance is being kept busy, you are down that massive burst potential while it attempts to kill a good sorcerer that is abusing running around objects.

This is of course, if you've been reading this thread where ever fight in a warzone is 1v1. ;)

You know if a non-healer is dying they can't simply LoS around the corner and heal right? Putting yourself out of the fight for 10 seconds to heal to full is a lot better than a 15-40 second wait because you died, or simply hiding around a corner HOPING a healer comes to your rescue.

Not sure what you are arguing either. Did you read my original post, or did you just come in late the the game without reading all the earlier conversation?

Of course running around a corner and throwing out slow heals is better than not healing at all. The reality is that a non heal specced sorcerer/operative/merc is going to take numerous heals barring a lucky string of crits to go from 10% to 100% and will most likely be out of combat anyways by the time they do. I can speak of that personally as the truth since I play ranged too and am always dropping los to throw my heals out. It takes more than 10s to heal to full by the way without being heal specced (barring a string of all crits).

It does, actually.

The hyperbole in this thread that sorcerers/sages are terrible is just that, hyperbole.

So you are directing your response to me based on the other content in the thread, rather than at the content in context of what I posted. My point is not the point of other posters.

Even just one person, a high DPS for instance is being kept busy, you are down that massive burst potential while it attempts to kill a good sorcerer that is abusing running around objects.

Of course, by the general consensus of the vocal community crying for nerfs. It is much better for the grossly OP sorcerer to be taken out of the fight by being forced to abuse running around objects then eh? Better to lose one average dps than have that grossly OP sorcerer *** lightning melting faces off while chain ccing 2 people, stealthing, and healing half his/her team at the same time.

Of course, by the general consensus of the vocal community crying for nerfs. It is much better for the grossly OP sorcerer to be taken out of the fight by being forced to abuse running around objects then eh? Better to lose one average dps than have that grossly OP sorcerer *** lightning melting faces off while chain ccing 2 people, stealthing, and healing half his/her team at the same time.

And you wonder why I didn't bother reading all of what you posted.

Cause obviously, I am complaining about sorcerers being overpowered, and not the vocal community being bad at their classes and letting themselves get run over by marauders.

Please, keep going. I think you were trying to prove a point that doesn't exist in any realistic part of the game. I know! Let's theory craft "What if" for rated warzones, cause that totally worked for arenas in WoW.

Oh wait, it didn't.

Again, please prove your point. I am waiting.

Our mauraders destroy sorcs. A well played maurader is going to beat a well played sorc the vast majority of the time. Even though this isnt a 1v1 game, the instrisic value of a good maurader is higher in group play than that of a good sorcerer. I do see hybrid sorcs having a role due to utility, but it most certainly isnt going to be due to ability to pwn peoples faces off. There are other classes more suited to that role.

Trolololol this honestly made me laugh so hard a sithed my pants. Your server must have terrible sorcs then. I can easily troll a marauder 1v1 no problem and I am actually a hybrid DPS sorc. And not good for pwnage in a group!? Hybrid or not ForceStorm and Deathfield easily destroy crowds in any warzone and if not all of them die i can pick em off quickly with inst-forcelightning or dots. And okay maybe the warriors in my server are not up to par same as the sorcs in yours.....but ive seen PvP with marauders in other servers and they seem to suck terribly. In my server ive seen few and less good marauders but what you said was just plainly a bad analysis. Im still laughing lol

Lol

A good played marauder kills a sorc ... easy ... especially healing specced sorcs.

You migh be able to win the dps race every now and then vs a marauder if you are hybrid specced but only when he starts with a disadvantage or doesn't make full use of his nasty interrupts.

Otherwise you realy realy have to be lucky with your procs to get him down fast enough.

But it's true ... there are quite many very bad marauders in this game ... it's one of the classes that actually require the player to think a bit and not just blindly smash the default rotation of skills.

Since there are two threads with the same topic, will post this here.

I play a healing tree sage. Please don't bring healing abilities of a hybrid to the pro-nerf argument.

If you're hybrid specced you cant heal worth anything; it's a waste of time. Don't use it as an argument because you'll just look dumb.

Hybrids aren't as squishy because they have the tools for survival. Survival leads to the ability to dps. It's pretty simple to follow. If you want to see a nerf to their CC then be entirely prepared for them to receive passive damage reduction. So in essence those arguing for nerfs to CC are arguing to make sages/sorcs even easier to play. This is amusing because they also argue that they're the most faceroll class ever. If you are actually just arguing for a tweak to their cc and damage SUGGEST NUMBERS and COMPARE, don't just go whining about which abilities they have.

Healing specced Sorcs/Sages actually need help in the form of survivability. Not everyone wants to be a dps class and some people actually rolled sorcs/sages to be healers. In their current form they are the squishiest healers and quite possibly the easiest to melee pain-train down. In pugs this isnt too much of a problem because very few know how to assist and even fewer are in full battlemaster gear, but come rated WZs this will be a problem.

TLDR: Hybrids cant heal, stop saying they can. Healing specced sages/sorcs =/= hybrid dont nerf healers. Fix squishiness, if you want a nerf to cc.

Lol my opinion doesnt change because ive yet to see a marauder demolish a sorcerer. Ive gotten ganged up o to be sure but ive yetto get taken down 1v1 by a mara. I do agree though that it seems maras need to focus more in playing. I dont think any particular class is bad but more either the player isnt good or they simply use their toon wrongly

Trolololol this honestly made me laugh so hard a sithed my pants. Your server must have terrible sorcs then. I can easily troll a marauder 1v1 no problem and I am actually a hybrid DPS sorc. And not good for pwnage in a group!? Hybrid or not ForceStorm and Deathfield easily destroy crowds in any warzone and if not all of them die i can pick em off quickly with inst-forcelightning or dots. And okay maybe the warriors in my server are not up to par same as the sorcs in yours.....but ive seen PvP with marauders in other servers and they seem to suck terribly. In my server ive seen few and less good marauders but what you said was just plainly a bad analysis. Im still laughing lol

I was speaking about rated warzones. In a rated warzone you arent going to be free to destory a crowd, let alone do enough dps AEing to get through healing. Also, if you are off in a corner 1v1ing in a rated warzones, then your team should drop you for a better player.

Like a said, a sorc is great against clueless puggers. I did say that you know. :)

Lol my opinion doesnt change because ive yet to see a marauder demolish a sorcerer. Ive gotten ganged up o to be sure but ive yetto get taken down 1v1 by a mara. I do agree though that it seems maras need to focus more in playing. I dont think any particular class is bad but more either the player isnt good or they simply use their toon wrongly

...umm

Maybe their are no good murauders on your server cause your on a PvE server?

Lol

A good played marauder kills a sorc ... easy ... especially healing specced sorcs.

You migh be able to win the dps race every now and then vs a marauder if you are hybrid specced but only when he starts with a disadvantage or doesn't make full use of his nasty interrupts.

Otherwise you realy realy have to be lucky with your procs to get him down fast enough.

But it's true ... there are quite many very bad marauders in this game ... it's one of the classes that actually require the player to think a bit and not just blindly smash the default rotation of skills.

Truth. Given equal skill, this is dead on the truth.

Healing specced Sorcs/Sages actually need help in the form of survivability. Not everyone wants to be a dps class and some people actually rolled sorcs/sages to be healers. In their current form they are the squishiest healers and quite possibly the easiest to melee pain-train down. In pugs this isnt too much of a problem because very few know how to assist and even fewer are in full battlemaster gear, but come rated WZs this will be a problem.

Again, 100% the truth for a player that knows what they are talking about.

This is also why I said a merc healer is > a sorc healer in ranked matches.

Edit: full disclaimer - This is also 100% the reason why I am a merc now. I rerolled the second I got the news about ranked warzones.

Edited by pathiss