When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

gizbug

I see so everyone should reroll except you, how selfless of you.

Actually, I don't mind someone "recruiting" people for their server. That's irrelevant to this problem.

The problem is, too many servers and not enough active ative players to fill them. So many find themselves in a "choose your poison" situation: either reroll and start from scratch or play in ghosttown server. That's a serious problem, and BW has not only the means to solve it but the responsability to do so, imo.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reduce the number of servers and get more people per server would be wise!

My friends and I started playing two months ago on the server "The Arkanian Legacy" and many of us have stopped playing because it felt like a single-player game quite often. irritant that there is no global Chat either. (A chat for all space and all the planets).

Reduce the servers and allows people characters moved. If you have the maximum number of characters on the servers you have to choose which one to keep. The character you've chosen to delete are saved so you can buy any kind of function that replace them with another character you have chosen to save.

Do not know how many there may be on a server is 1000 players perhaps?

Make that case that you can be 3000-7000 players and possibly make it is only 10 servers?

Edited by Maekarz

I'm going to agree with the ppl who want server merges. Some of the lower population servers are really hurting and it's not a bad thing, it in no way means the game is failing. However, failing to take action is a big deal. People will not reroll. They are too attached to their characters by this point and will quit rather than start over. It's really a simple thing to do and for the health of the game- it needs to happen.

I'm going to agree with the ppl who want server merges. Some of the lower population servers are really hurting and it's not a bad thing, it in no way means the game is failing. However, failing to take action is a big deal. People will not reroll. They are too attached to their characters by this point and will quit rather than start over. It's really a simple thing to do and for the health of the game- it needs to happen.

This all the way. Bioware, I love this game, but the empty servers are killing it. Act while there are still people to keep around please!!

This all the way. Bioware, I love this game, but the empty servers are killing it. Act while there are still people to keep around please!!

Saber of Exar Kun has at most 70 ppl on the imperial fleet during peak hours.

50's wz ques take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes to pop.

Sad.

Saber of Exar Kun has at most 70 ppl on the imperial fleet during peak hours.

50's wz ques take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes to pop.

Sad.

Try a server with less then 20 on prime and the other faction completly missing.

I mostly agree. I see mergers as a sign of good maintenance, not a failing game. Although, I think they do need playout this 2nd wave of expansion and likely summer return of student/players first before deciding what to merge.

I think the next step is allowing for server transfers and posting a list of servers to be collapsed by a specific date. Characters from servers on that list should be allowed free transfers to any but the top 10 or so most populated servers. Maybe even offer them to people on the heavily populated servers too to help with the balancing. When it comes to the specified date, BioWare should roll the remaining characters from those collapsed servers of the same type onto ones that could use the boost.

Once they get through the process, then open up paid transfers on a VERY slow cooldown or progressive pricing.

Edited by Matte_Black

I just have to keep posting this along during this conversation because I see so many people saying things to the contrary.

YOU ARE NOT VICTIMS.

You can re-roll a toon on another server any time you wish! The only thing stopping you from doing this and finding a more populated server IS YOUR WISH TO REMAIN WHERE YOU ARE.

There's no reason to sit and sulk on a low-pop server as if you're being magically held there and imprisoned.

Click Server Selection, click another server with a higher population... watch them over a week or so if you want to do your own research... and start your new character. Leveling a new character or duplicating an old one isn't as difficult as you're making it out to be.

The game is only 3 months old. Nothing took you so much time that you can't redo it quickly, and enjoy your playing time in the interim.

Those of you that want to change your appearance can do so. Those of you who wanted to pick another advanced class can do so. Yes, your name might already be taken, and the differences in the economy might make it so that you can't get EXACTLY the same pieces of armor you had before, but so what?

If you want a more populated experience, go get one.

I just have to keep posting this along during this conversation because I see so many people saying things to the contrary.

YOU ARE NOT VICTIMS.

You can re-roll a toon on another server any time you wish! The only thing stopping you from doing this and finding a more populated server IS YOUR WISH TO REMAIN WHERE YOU ARE.

There's no reason to sit and sulk on a low-pop server as if you're being magically held there and imprisoned.

Click Server Selection, click another server with a higher population... watch them over a week or so if you want to do your own research... and start your new character. Leveling a new character or duplicating an old one isn't as difficult as you're making it out to be.

The game is only 3 months old. Nothing took you so much time that you can't redo it quickly, and enjoy your playing time in the interim.

Those of you that want to change your appearance can do so. Those of you who wanted to pick another advanced class can do so. Yes, your name might already be taken, and the differences in the economy might make it so that you can't get EXACTLY the same pieces of armor you had before, but so what?

If you want a more populated experience, go get one.

Can't do that. Im playing on two of the most populated servers and it still feels like playing a single player game.

Without a server transfer, I'm basically playing a single player game. The populations are so low I can wait for upwards of an hour to form a group. Sometimes the waits are even longer! And I want to play the MMO version.

Please let me transfer this character that I have played dozens of hours leveling up. Starting over with the same plot line on a new server will bore me to death. And it might be useful to give us numerical data on server populations over time so we can pick servers with adequate populations. Include an empire/republic balance also.

Sand

Without a server transfer, I'm basically playing a single player game. The populations are so low I can wait for upwards of an hour to form a group. Sometimes the waits are even longer! And I want to play the MMO version.

Please let me transfer this character that I have played dozens of hours leveling up. Starting over with the same plot line on a new server will bore me to death. And it might be useful to give us numerical data on server populations over time so we can pick servers with adequate populations. Include an empire/republic balance also.

Sand

So is the guy above you and he says he is on a high pop server.. So maybe if you two found one in common you wouldn't be playing a single player game anymore.

So is the guy above you and he says he is on a high pop server.. So maybe if you two found one in common you wouldn't be playing a single player game anymore.

And you forgot that you need to be the same level in the game and be online at the same time.

That is a major problem this game has. Only during prime time and some random days you will find 200 people online at the fleet. This is horribly low for doing flash points at random levels. So it still takes LONG time before you can do any dungeons at all.

So either remove the leveling process and make everyone level 50 or do what it takes to get more players in the game. In games like WoW you have cross realm LFG so its easy and fast to get a group for a dungeon. And even if it was not cross realm you would still find THOUSANDS of players online most of the time. Even 5 in the morning you can find groups for low level dungeons. In this game there is not even 20 people online 5 in the morning on most servers.

There needs to be a tool of some kind to insure that there are enough people to run an instance .I also believe there needs to be a guild finder such as we had prelaunch , It is very difficult at this time to find a guild that would be a good fit with out some sort of way to go through an application process,second servers are way too light to get anything going example flashpoints. I realize this is what it was like for the first 2 +years at wow but got tired of spamming for looking for dungeons for hours on end. I am also going to put this in suggestion thread.

Guess this is your first MMO and consider less than 2000 people online a lot.

As I suspected, it's a "single player game" with "2,000 other people on the server", eh?

Actually, I find the server numbers when Heavy or Very Heavy to be well-populated. I see enough other people around that I can find groups quickly, have some interesting chat in the General pane, have a bustling economic circuit running, and still aren't SO many people that all of the quest nodes are being camped or overrun.

Technically, it's my fourth MMO. But I've been in enough of them when they slow down due to incredible lag from too many people all at one spot, and I've seen it happen in a number of game engines, including an MMO running on CryEngine 2.

The amount of servers launched was directly correlated to the launch. People hate queues. And so Bioware started too many servers to keep ppl happy. Now, while they maybe have healthy subscription numbers- ppl are not playing as many hours. And there are some who have quit. (Just like any other MMO launch). There's nothing wrong with merging servers to create a healthy playerbase. Expecting ppl to simply abandon characters is ridiculous. Even if we're 3 months in only- no one wants to level up their main again- do the same story. Or grind to Battlemaster again. Server merges make sense. Allowing your customers to be upset does not.

There needs to be a tool of some kind to insure that there are enough people to run an instance .I also believe there needs to be a guild finder such as we had prelaunch , It is very difficult at this time to find a guild that would be a good fit with out some sort of way to go through an application process,second servers are way too light to get anything going example flashpoints. I realize this is what it was like for the first 2 +years at wow but got tired of spamming for looking for dungeons for hours on end. I am also going to put this in suggestion thread.

Try the Guild Quiz.